Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/10/2015, 10:15 PM   #51
Banded pipefish
Registered Member

I have been looking for a banded pipefish in the Fresno- Clovis,Ca US area for some 2 months now, and I have finally been able to special order them from Whities Pets, my local fish store, and if you are in the area look there for any good fish . I also saw some Dragon faced pipefish at Aquatic pets. I have seen lots of rare interesting fish at Whities.

Banded pipefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2015, 09:07 PM   #52
cjm3
Registered Member

Most pipefish have to be special ordered. Besides LFS there are a few online sources that can special order a few different ones.
There has been some successful captive breeding done with a few species but the vast majority are still wild caught animals.

Current Tank Info: Upcoming 30g, 29g, and 10g DSH tank
cjm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/12/2015, 04:42 AM   #53
vlangel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banded pipefish View Post
I have been looking for a banded pipefish in the Fresno- Clovis,Ca US area for some 2 months now, and I have finally been able to special order them from Whities Pets, my local fish store, and if you are in the area look there for any good fish . I also saw some Dragon faced pipefish at Aquatic pets. I have seen lots of rare interesting fish at Whities.
I purchased CB banded pipefish from Ocean Rider. They came already trained to eat frozen mysis. I would think it would be risky however to put them in a tank with WC marine fish. Mine are in with CB seahorses only.

vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote