Registered Member

The latest photos are off the chart.
Awesome photos Matt.
I like the reefmutt watermark too.

slavetonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/07/2017, 11:24 PM   #2752
watchguy123
Registered Member

Your colors and growth are awesome. The full tank shots are so pretty and amazing. I don't take full tank shots because I don't have that beautiful composition of multicolored corals all growing into each other. I hope to one day. Your photos are inspirational. And your corals, well they are just absolutely mind boggling beautiful

Current Tank Info: 180 Bowfront, 30 gallon sump, 20 gallon refugium, reeflo dart/snapper hybrid pump, 2 x 6105 Tunze ,Tunze ATO, dual chamber CA reactor, 3 x250 metal halides with 2x t5 actinic supplement, Reefbrite Blue XHO's dawn/dusk
watchguy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 06:24 AM   #2753
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
One of my pink matrices and jf Flame sort of in middle..

Here’s OP on left, a new acquisition from Fragbox called blue monster in middle (I leeerve blue monster) and red diablo on right lower down.. oh and pink lemonade upper left..

Oh yeah! A semi fts.. left hand side

Op and pink lemonade with blueberry wine up top

I really love this shot.. op, blueberry wine and no name coral..

Blue.. need some blue. I’m on a quest for blue corals.. this guy next to su is growing well..

Another angle next to a bonsai wannabe..

Here’s another close up of op and red coral

Mmmm this photo dump is so cathartic!!! I have a few more..
Its so good to see these pretty colours on the SPS. I'd love to see a top down video of the corals in HD; that would be a treat. I did say some time ago maybe when you started the thread that you'd produce these sorts of results. And you havent disappointed one bit my friend. Keep up the nice work.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 06:36 AM   #2754
tripdad
Frustrated Stick Gardener

Really nice stuff Matt, well done again!

Current tank: 65 gal DSA rimless, mixed reef, 20 gal sump, T5 6bulb, big skimmer, 40B Fowler, 20 gal sump, 4 bulb T5
tripdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 09:07 AM   #2755
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydemmel4 View Post
everything is looking great. where is your alk now?

I will have to do some research on the bipotim but it looks like I would have to use 5 every 2 weeks or around 12 a month?
Hey Cody, alk is right around 7.. it had dropped several weeks ago to below 6 because my kalk doser got an air bubble in the line and slowed down. I just though it was my ca reactor not keeping up so I increased co2, then a couple weeks later I realized that the doser was slow, so I fixed that and saw alk go up to 8.. after cutting back a bit, I’m now stable at 7 ish.
As for Bioptim, I have only been dosing an ampule every Saturday and Wednesday in my 350 gallons.. so, 4 every 15 days.. however, I’m thinking of adding a third ampule in there somewhere since my tank is getting so densely packed with corals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavetonet View Post
The latest photos are off the chart.
Awesome photos Matt.
I like the reefmutt watermark too.
Hey Kevin thanks! I want to try to use Facebook a bit more for business so the watermark is just to keep my photos identified as mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchguy123 View Post
Your colors and growth are awesome. The full tank shots are so pretty and amazing. I don't take full tank shots because I don't have that beautiful composition of multicolored corals all growing into each other. I hope to one day. Your photos are inspirational. And your corals, well they are just absolutely mind boggling beautiful
Well Mark, coming from the man behind Z’s paradise, that is a huge compliment. Thank you very much. Likewise on the source of inspiration!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
Its so good to see these pretty colours on the SPS. I'd love to see a top down video of the corals in HD; that would be a treat. I did say some time ago maybe when you started the thread that you'd produce these sorts of results. And you havent disappointed one bit my friend. Keep up the nice work.
Hey Sahin, thanks for dropping in on your thread! you got me to start it. Thanks for the kind words. I’m hoping you’ll be posting just as good shots in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripdad View Post
Really nice stuff Matt, well done again!
Hey Scott, thanks! Appreciate it.

I have more macro compositions..
Here’s one.. I’ll try to post the rest later today..

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 09:44 AM   #2756
sensei
Registered Member

Matt,
Wow! tank looks amaizing

how do you do it so that acros do not burn each other being so close together?

Unread 11/08/2017, 09:48 AM   #2757
MrsReefK
Registered Member

Amazing photos! Absolutely love the pink matrix, drooling over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrsReefK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 01:49 PM   #2758
westreef
Lost as usual

Hi Matt, Your tank is always so gorgeously colourful. Just love to see more pictures of it.

75g, ATI 4x58wT5 LED Hybrid Powermodule, AquaMaxx ConeS 1, 2xMP40wES, RKL controller, Tunze Osmolator
westreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 02:05 PM   #2759
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensei View Post
Matt,
Wow! tank looks amaizing

how do you do it so that acros do not burn each other being so close together?
Hey Sensei, thanks! I have found that all corals are different. Some are extremely aggressive and destructive while others not at all. Sometimes one coral will burn the other way back and sometimes corals will just grow into each other and nothing happens.
When I have an aggressive coral like the red no name, I have to trim all the branches that head towards weaker corals. But if corals meet and nothing happens, I let them go..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsReefK View Post
Amazing photos! Absolutely love the pink matrix, drooling over it!

Thanks! Taking the pictures is as much fun as growing the coral. That pink matrix is very photogenic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westreef View Post
Hi Matt, Your tank is always so gorgeously colourful. Just love to see more pictures of it.
Hey Bernie thanks! Well, I happen to have a few more shot from my last climb on the ladder so, here ya go!

Furiosa:

The wave and 24k

Fox Flame and no name.

24k up close.

Not sure what this is..
32_F62625-2640-4821-_A606-888_E52511_B70
Habanero! Up close.

The beautiful blueberry wine..

So I think that pretty much does it for the latest photodump!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
Unread 11/08/2017, 09:34 PM   #2760
Wally.B
Registered Member

Matt,
You SPS are so healthy and color vibrant with lush flesh they almost look like flowing LPS.
Amazing.

Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 10:23 PM   #2761
reefmutt
Registered Member

Thanks Wally! They are doing pretty well right now.

Unread 11/09/2017, 04:25 AM   #2762
Big E
Registered Member

Pink Matrix

Great group shots in Post 2748

On the evansi, they'll eat big chunks of food. I used raw frozen scallops and shrimp. It worked well for me with randalls and evansi. I trained them in QT which made it easier.

I don't buy you have to feed that tiny food to small/mid sized anthias.......they have huge mouths for their size. It's just a matter of training.

reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2197142&page=31

Ed
Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2017, 09:44 AM   #2763
illumnae
Registered Member

Amazing macro shots Matt! The one you're unsure of looks like a yellow acropora selago

illumnae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2017, 12:31 PM   #2764
DiscusHeckel
Acropora Gardener

I echo what has been said already about the latest photos. The common coral names you use don't mean anything to me, but two of my favourites in this set are the Acropora in the first picture and "not sure what it is".

One question: why have you started to add a watermark to your photos?

65G SPS Reef- ATI 8 X 39W PM; TM [Bacto-Balance A-; Reef Actif; Nitribiotic; Iodine]
DiscusHeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2017, 05:59 PM   #2765
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big E View Post
Pink Matrix

Great group shots in Post 2748

On the evansi, they'll eat big chunks of food. I used raw frozen scallops and shrimp. It worked well for me with randalls and evansi. I trained them in QT which made it easier.

I don't buy you have to feed that tiny food to small/mid sized anthias.......they have huge mouths for their size. It's just a matter of training.
Thanks Ed.
The new anthias went into the display with the other anthias. The smaller ones (which I should never have bought) have already died. They were about an inch long.. they would only eat the smallest particles. My larger ones eat anything including flake and pellets.. how big were the evansis you were working with? I assumed that adding new anthias to established ones would actually help them emulate the behavior of the established fish and get them eating quickly..
Quote:
Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
Amazing macro shots Matt! The one you're unsure of looks like a yellow acropora selago
Thanks! Selago.. I will look that up..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscusHeckel View Post
I echo what has been said already about the latest photos. The common coral names you use don't mean anything to me, but two of my favourites in this set are the Acropora in the first picture and "not sure what it is".

One question: why have you started to add a watermark to your photos?
Hey Bulent, thanks! unfortunately I am terrible at scientific names for corals and ID ing in general.
I started adding a watermark because I am trying to have a presence on Facebook- locally- to promote by business more. I do aquarium maintenance full time - fresh and salt- and because Facebook is so public and to associate my photos with me and my business, I just figured I’d start ‘owning’ my photos..
I want to begin detailing my maintenance practices and showing some of the other tanks I take care of.. so it’s just a way of branding my photos, I suppose..

Unread 11/10/2017, 04:42 AM   #2766
Alex Costa
Registered Member

Quote:
Oh yeah! A semi fts.. left hand side

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/153-tank-of-the-month

Current Tank Info: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2596707
Alex Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/10/2017, 07:43 AM   #2767
glaukos
Registered Member

I would trust my tank in your hands any day buddy

Unread 11/10/2017, 11:46 AM   #2768
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Costa View Post
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
. This side is really growing in because I haven’t messed with it too much. The other side keeps having corals pulled out and replaced with new frags.. I can’t help always trying to find a different/better colour..
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaukos View Post
I would trust my tank in your hands any day buddy
Hey Mike. Thanks, man! maybe I should go international!

Unread 11/10/2017, 12:38 PM   #2769
markalot

Beautiful Matt, just crazy beautiful.

Unread 11/10/2017, 06:06 PM   #2770
biecacka
Registered Member

Amazing looking tank man! So vibrant in color.

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/11/2017, 08:27 AM   #2771
jroovers
Registered Member

Not to knock the tank that has been up there for 2 or 3 years, but this one really belongs on the RC homepage! Incredible stuff 😁

Unread 11/11/2017, 03:18 PM   #2772
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markalot View Post
Beautiful Matt, just crazy beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biecacka View Post
Amazing looking tank man! So vibrant in color.

Corey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroovers View Post
Not to knock the tank that has been up there for 2 or 3 years, but this one really belongs on the RC homepage! Incredible stuff ��
Mark, Corey, Jordan, thanks guys! I really appreciate the comments. Feels good to get the positive feedback. Sometimes, I look at my tank and go ‘yeah, looking good.’ Other times I’ll have a look and say ‘what the hell have I got here?? Looks aweful.’ Maybe it’s just my wussy moods that do that!!
I guess I pay more attention to the corals that I am frustrated with..
when I’m taking pics I obviously ignore those ones.
Top down pics never disappoint...
Thanks again!
Just noticed I have a mediocre shot I never posted..
This is a cultured Gold/green something and a steel grey piece that is growing well.. that’s an old encrustment of habanero between..

And another habanero close up..

Last edited by reefmutt; 11/11/2017 at 03:23 PM.
Unread 11/11/2017, 09:57 PM   #2773
tripdad
Frustrated Stick Gardener

Do I spy a Darth Maul Porites in the last picture?

Current tank: 65 gal DSA rimless, mixed reef, 20 gal sump, T5 6bulb, big skimmer, 40B Fowler, 20 gal sump, 4 bulb T5
tripdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2017, 07:42 AM   #2774
tenurepro
Registered Member

Quote:
Mark, Corey, Jordan, thanks guys! I really appreciate the comments. Feels good to get the positive feedback. Sometimes, I look at my tank and go ‘yeah, looking good.’ Other times I’ll have a look and say ‘what the hell have I got here?? Looks aweful.’ Maybe it’s just my wussy moods that do that!!
I guess I pay more attention to the corals that I am frustrated with..
when I’m taking pics I obviously ignore those ones.
Top down pics never disappoint...
Thanks again!
Just noticed I have a mediocre shot I never posted..
This is a cultured Gold/green something and a steel grey piece that is growing well.. that’s an old encrustment of habanero between..

And another habanero close up..

Interesting! I have this sps that looks similar to your habanero; it’s called ‘shockaholic’ do you think it’s the same thing? Pic below

tenurepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2017, 08:53 AM   #2775
reefmutt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripdad View Post
Do I spy a Darth Maul Porites in the last picture?
Scott, you get the prize for eagle eyes! Yep. Been in there for a few months. Not doing much however. I’m just leaving it alone for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenurepro View Post
Interesting! I have this sps that looks similar to your habanero; it’s called ‘shockaholic’ do you think it’s the same thing? Pic below

Wow. Looks very similar. Could very well be the same. How long have you had it?
Here- I edited your shot a bit to remove the blue.. looks even more similar..

I have a question for you: I see you use tapatalk. When you post pics are they stored on your phone?
I’ve been using postimage. Com to host my pics but I know tapatalk will great it’s one link from a computer. I pretty much use my phone exclusively for going on line and I’m not sure the mobile version of tapatalk can support the third party hosting link..
any insight in that?

Last edited by reefmutt; 11/12/2017 at 08:59 AM.