Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/13/2017, 05:58 PM   #1
1mhz
Registered Member

Upgrade to kessil 360we from black boz

I am going to upgrade from my wifi black box led. I seem to keep coming back to the kessils for price to performance. I hear mixed reviews for my desires. My tank is a 210g which is 30 deep and 6 wide with 2 center braces at 1/3 2/3. Like my black boxes I was going to mount 3 units. I love the shimmer effect of them. Do u think the kessils can penetrate well for my mostly soft and LPS a few sps tank? To buy 3 radion is giving me sticker shock. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1mhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/13/2017, 06:06 PM   #2
Cheapreef
Registered Member

Your going to want min 3 of the Kessils for that size tank and most likely better to go with 5-6. The LFS main display is about the same size tank as yours (2" deeper) and they had 6 360's at full power to light it. They switched over to Radion much better looking tank now IMO.

Cheapreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/13/2017, 06:10 PM   #3
1mhz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapreef View Post
Your going to want min 3 of the Kessils for that size tank and most likely better to go with 5-6. The LFS main display is about the same size tank as yours (2" deeper) and they had 6 360's at full power to light it. They switched over to Radion much better looking tank now IMO.
Doing 6, the radion would be a better option. Very expensive

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1mhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/13/2017, 06:20 PM   #4
Bronx19
Registered Member

The A360 is basically an accent light for anyone with a 30" deep tank or growing SPS, just have no guts.

Bronx19 is offline   Reply With Quote