Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/17/2008, 06:01 AM   #176
SaraB
Coral Killer

Quote:
Originally posted by revautosports
The big pill treats like 800 gallons so calculate from there.
Doesn't the large dog pill treats 380 gallons???

Unread 10/17/2008, 06:23 AM   #177
RokleM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sara B
Doesn't the large dog pill treats 380 gallons???
I have the notes jotted down at home, but that sounds correct to me. I don't think it's 800 gallons. Granted, those notes are built for killing SPS RedBugs, not for the more "mystery" creature/item that people are trying to wipe out here.

Unread 10/17/2008, 07:09 AM   #178
SaraB
Coral Killer

Quote:
Originally posted by RokleM
I have the notes jotted down at home, but that sounds correct to me. I don't think it's 800 gallons. Granted, those notes are built for killing SPS RedBugs, not for the more "mystery" creature/item that people are trying to wipe out here.
I know it 380 gallons ... just interesting how different numbers like to be thown out there is all

Here's the link in case anyone wants to check: http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopi...=439155#439155

Unread 10/18/2008, 03:16 PM   #179
miracles38
Registered Member

Has anyone treated their LPS outside the display tank (in a QT) with interceptor? If so, how long did you leave out of display before putting back in?

Current Tank Info: 180 reef
miracles38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/18/2008, 04:05 PM   #180
roblack
Registered Member

Think it is 300 gallons for the large pill, but am not sure. Yes, you can do quarantine. Several hours to 2 days.

roblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/28/2008, 08:27 AM   #181
ReefDoctorMicromussas
Moved On

Location: Fringes of the REEF and cultural desert Arkansas, USA
This is an amazing thread..... I want to see Macro pics of those little buggers

ReefDoctorMicromussas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/28/2008, 10:19 PM   #182
Paulairduck
I LOVE FREE FRAGS!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by roblack
Think it is 300 gallons for the large pill, but am not sure. Yes, you can do quarantine. Several hours to 2 days.
I large pill will treat about 400 gallons, I have heard of people using it on a smaller tank no issues.

I wish I would have read this thread about a month ago

GOOD INFO

Paulairduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/31/2008, 10:38 PM   #183
RevHtree
Registered Member.

Looks like I am having the same symptoms. I have started to loose frags. I am fixing to dose interceptor.

RevHtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/31/2008, 10:41 PM   #184
RevHtree
Registered Member.

How long did you guys leave the interceptor in the tank before turning the skimmers on and doing a water change?

Unread 11/01/2008, 03:54 AM   #185
SaraB
Coral Killer

Quote:
Originally posted by RevHtree
How long did you guys leave the interceptor in the tank before turning the skimmers on and doing a water change?
I treated in the late afternoon and did a large water change after 7 hours, added new carbon and then turned on my skimmer again the next morning.

Unread 11/01/2008, 07:21 AM   #186
roblack
Registered Member

Leave Interceptor in tank for 1-2 days with no carbon and no skimming. Run water thru skimmer, just shut down bubbles. After 2 days, do a water change and add new carbon and resume skimming. Some people repeat this process 2-3 times. You can also do dips on individual or groups of corals that seem more effected. Was afraid to put this stuff in my tank, but it really did not negatively impact anything in the tank except for crabs and pod populations. Worth it if you need to save some prized corals!

Unread 11/01/2008, 08:49 AM   #187
RevHtree
Registered Member.

Thank you....

Unread 11/02/2008, 08:52 AM   #188
RandyO
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally posted by roblack
Leave Interceptor in tank for 1-2 days with no carbon and no skimming. Run water thru skimmer, just shut down bubbles. After 2 days, do a water change and add new carbon and resume skimming. Some people repeat this process 2-3 times. You can also do dips on individual or groups of corals that seem more effected. Was afraid to put this stuff in my tank, but it really did not negatively impact anything in the tank except for crabs and pod populations. Worth it if you need to save some prized corals!
I also waited a couple days before adding carbon. One large pill treats 375 gallons according to Dustin D. who developed the idea to treat for Red Bugs in sps.

I treated all my systems reacently. I used one pill for a 120 gallon LPS tank, two pills for a 200 gallon Acan tank, 3 pills for a 500 gallon LPS/Soft coral system, and 3 pills for a 600 gallon SPS/LPS system.

Unread 11/02/2008, 08:59 AM   #189
roblack
Registered Member

You are welcome Rev! Best of luck! RandyO is correct, you can dose stronger than most realize. I've made some pretty strong dips for new corals. Dip every new coral before adding to tank, or treat in QT.

Unread 11/20/2008, 12:50 PM   #190
benihana
Registered Member

For tose of you who have treated your tanks, did you remove all of your crustaceans? I have a few shrimp that I don't want to kill off, but will have a hard time removing.

TIA!

Unread 11/20/2008, 02:00 PM   #191
SaraB
Coral Killer

I missed a few hermits and had a large cleaner I could not catch. All made it through 3 treatments at a 2x dosage.

Unread 11/20/2008, 02:02 PM   #192
benihana
Registered Member

Sara - so when you are saying 2x dosage, are you talking about the equivilent of your tank volume (looks like ~160g), so I would guess that you used 1 large pill, since they treat 360 gallons?

Unread 11/20/2008, 02:09 PM   #193
SaraB
Coral Killer

Yes, you got it roughly as a large pill treats 380 gallons and I have about 190 gallons of volume.

Unread 11/20/2008, 02:09 PM   #194
benihana
Registered Member

Thanks!

Unread 11/20/2008, 03:44 PM   #195
AqUaCHiC
Registered Member

It's definitely a good idea to cut off the infected and dead parts. Good luck!

AqUaCHiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2008, 01:49 PM   #196
miracles38
Registered Member

I lost some acan colonies to this before I realized what it was. I have kept the skeletons hoping that maybe they might magically regrow. Has anyone had any experience with acans getting any new growth from the skeletons?

Current Tank Info: 180 reef
miracles38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2008, 04:04 PM   #197
roktsintst
Registered Member

You know what, i have been having a terrible time with my lps. i can keep any sps buti have really been struggling w/ lps. like my Miami hurricane, it looked great, was growing new eyes and colored up. then one day 1/2 was gone and the next the whole thing was dead. Same thing with my Golden eye.

My acans all look HORRIBLE too.

But some things look awesome like my tyree pink and bJOE. I dipped the bad corals in ReVive the other day but they still look crappy. Maybe i'll dose Interceptor in my 28g nano. it would be like 1/12th of a pill so i guess i'll just guess.

I am planning on adding a 75g tank connected to my 210 sps tank for more stability because that is what i thought hte problem was.

Does this sound like what you guys are expierencing???

Current Tank Info: 300 AGE Starfire SPS Reef*75g frag tank lit w/ T5's* Deltec 902*ACIII*4 400 Radium's*4-160 vho's*GEO 818 CA RX*ReefTek Kalk RX*Dart Return on manifold to a wavy sea*57 watt uv*HammerHead w/ OceansMotion
roktsintst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2008, 05:16 PM   #198
kev apsley
Moved On

Wow Ryan, I can't believe you are having a problme like this? have you seen any signs what-so-ever of parasites? do you think that maybe your water is too polished for lps? you said that sps weren't giving you a problem...

Quote:
Originally posted by roktsintst
You know what, i have been having a terrible time with my lps. i can keep any sps buti have really been struggling w/ lps. like my Miami hurricane, it looked great, was growing new eyes and colored up. then one day 1/2 was gone and the next the whole thing was dead. Same thing with my Golden eye.

My acans all look HORRIBLE too.

But some things look awesome like my tyree pink and bJOE. I dipped the bad corals in ReVive the other day but they still look crappy. Maybe i'll dose Interceptor in my 28g nano. it would be like 1/12th of a pill so i guess i'll just guess.

I am planning on adding a 75g tank connected to my 210 sps tank for more stability because that is what i thought hte problem was.

Does this sound like what you guys are expierencing???

kev apsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2008, 05:27 PM   #199
roktsintst
Registered Member

Kev these are two separate systems.

My big sps tank is doing great. But i can't keep lps?! Kinda backwards which is really upsetting me.

I don't know what the signs are. about 1/2 of my stuff looks good but the other stuff just doesn't. And the stuff that is doing great are just falling one by one!

Something i noticed yesterday is that this is happening on the left side of all the effected corals one by one. and it is not a water flow issue because i have minimal water flow. It just goes from full and fluffy to showing a little skeleton on the left side and then proceeds farther and farther over. I just don't know hwat else ot do so i was gonna sell the 28g nano and add an attached tank to my big tank for stability. However i want to make sure there are no parasites before i combine the water???

Does this sound like a problem Interceptor can fix?

And does Interceptor go bad? MIne is like 18 months????

Current Tank Info: 300 AGE Starfire SPS Reef*75g frag tank lit w/ T5's* Deltec 902*ACIII*4 400 Radium's*4-160 vho's*GEO 818 CA RX*ReefTek Kalk RX*Dart Return on manifold to a wavy sea*57 watt uv*HammerHead w/ OceansMotion
roktsintst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2008, 05:54 PM   #200
Underwaterparadise
Registered Member

Yes Interceptor does expire. It just loses it's potency over time

Current Tank Info: Taking a Vacation
Underwaterparadise is offline   Reply With Quote