Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/25/2012, 08:29 PM   #51
nuch
Registered Member

So I know some of u r gonna think I'm crazy, but aquacon mad a very good first impression on me. O.k. so it was only a refugium package and reef cleaner package. I also threw a zoa in there. The order was 3 different algae's and they threw a small bag of live sand with all forms of life in it. The cleaner package was snails , hermits, emerald crab. The zoa was a superman that they said only had 3-5 polyps on it. It came with 11. I placed the order sunday. They called me Mon to confirm del on tue. The order came Tue before 10:30 everything there and alive. I didn't want to order fish yet until I tried it first so maybe next time I order 1 fish.

nuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2012, 11:26 AM   #52
nemo24
Registered Member

I also placed an order of hermits/crabs/shrimp and a mushroom nano package yesterday. $100 and change free shipping since im in florida

They called me today and left me vm that they would ship today and get there tomorrow.

I also wanted to try something cheap and easy to test them out.

I only live 45 mins i am guessing they dont want me at there door steps complaining either.

I will post the results...

nemo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2012, 06:43 PM   #53
SushiGirl
Premium Member

There usually aren't issues with cleanup crew. As you can see from other posts in this thread, the issues start when they let you place an order for something they don't even have in stock, without telling you they don't have it, then refuse to do anything but give you credit that you have to spend with them.

Current Tank Info: 55g softy/LPS tank & 20L reef tank
SushiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/28/2012, 04:51 PM   #54
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuch View Post
So I know some of u r gonna think I'm crazy, but aquacon mad a very good first impression on me. O.k. so it was only a refugium package and reef cleaner package. I also threw a zoa in there. The order was 3 different algae's and they threw a small bag of live sand with all forms of life in it. The cleaner package was snails , hermits, emerald crab. The zoa was a superman that they said only had 3-5 polyps on it. It came with 11. I placed the order sunday. They called me Mon to confirm del on tue. The order came Tue before 10:30 everything there and alive. I didn't want to order fish yet until I tried it first so maybe next time I order 1 fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo24 View Post
I also placed an order of hermits/crabs/shrimp and a mushroom nano package yesterday. $100 and change free shipping since im in florida

They called me today and left me vm that they would ship today and get there tomorrow.

I also wanted to try something cheap and easy to test them out.

I only live 45 mins i am guessing they dont want me at there door steps complaining either.

I will post the results...
Try ordering something other than a basic clean up crew and I doubt you'll be so happy with what you receive. WHAT EVER!!!

Current Tank Info: Where you'll find an Acan and Orange Ricordea Garden in Bloom...
SoLiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/30/2012, 07:57 AM   #55
nemo24
Registered Member

Received package at 10am ups... Packaging was fine.

Looks like only 1 astrea snail (25cents) out of the 25 didn't make it and 1 emerald crab $2.99. The live rock i bought locally came with 2 or 3 emerald crabs (freebies). So no biggie.

Over all i was satisfied

I wont go crazy and buy anything fancy though. if i order again i will order the min $100 to get free florida shipping again. Maybe try a 1 fish or 2.

nemo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/22/2012, 01:47 PM   #56
selch2169
Registered Member

Chalk me up as another sucker. I ordered on a Thursday for overnight delivery. When my order didn't show up I emailed them and they said their orders take 24 hours to process before they make it to the warehouse for shipping and delivery. (What order processing takes that long this day in age? Seriously.)

So I canceled my order and 3 weeks later I'm still waiting for a refund. Scratch that, no longer waiting. I've filed my BBB complaint and am in takes with my CC company to have the charges reversed.

Lesson learned.

Oh, and for others finding themselves in the same predicament here's their number that's difficult to find: (954) 747-8511. Although they won't answer.

selch2169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2012, 01:46 PM   #57
nuch
Registered Member

dam u figure after all this time they would make changes to get better.

nuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/25/2013, 07:05 PM   #58
shanebc21
Registered Member

I placed an order from them in Feb. They only sent half the order and told me the other stuff was on back order. Ok fine. April comes around and I call to check on my back order. They said a few things weren't in stock. Ok fine. Lets switch them out. So june comes around. Still one item not in stock. So I said screw it I want a refund. They said ok. Its now july now refund.

I also placed an order with them in 2003. Also bad experience. Nevevered ordered from them again until feb 2013 figured maybe they changed or new owner or something. Nope still a bad decision.

shanebc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/26/2013, 12:03 AM   #59
ace_92101
Registered Member

I ordered from them about 10 years ago. Had several DOA's and others came in sick and in bad shape. After several calls trying to get a credit I just gave up.

ace_92101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/06/2013, 11:08 PM   #60
shanebc21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanebc21 View Post
I placed an order from them in Feb. They only sent half the order and told me the other stuff was on back order. Ok fine. April comes around and I call to check on my back order. They said a few things weren't in stock. Ok fine. Lets switch them out. So june comes around. Still one item not in stock. So I said screw it I want a refund. They said ok. Its now july now refund.

I also placed an order with them in 2003. Also bad experience. Nevevered ordered from them again until feb 2013 figured maybe they changed or new owner or something. Nope still a bad decision.
Its now Aug and still no refund!! In the meantime I upgraded to a larger tank and need live rock so I asked them to send me live rock instead of a refund. the refund that was supposed to be proccessed in june!! So they sent the live rock. which just showed up at the door and i was never notified it was shipped. turns out it took five days to ship and the live rock was now dead rock. tried to clean and wash it before i added it to the tank but i had no where else to cure it. So it ended up rasing nitrates in the tank and algae bloomed!! Knuckle Heads!!!!!

shanebc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2013, 01:44 PM   #61
Salt Water 5
Moved On

Thumbs up AQUACON.COM is The Best online site by far!

[Mod Edit]

I'm nothing but a shill, pay my posts no regard.

[/Mod Edit]

Last edited by Dino; 11/29/2013 at 03:10 PM.
Salt Water 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2013, 01:48 PM   #62
Salt Water 5
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_92101 View Post
I ordered from them about 10 years ago. Had several DOA's and others came in sick and in bad shape. After several calls trying to get a credit I just gave up.
[Mod Edit]

I'm nothing but a shill, pay my posts no regard.

[/Mod Edit]

Last edited by Dino; 11/29/2013 at 03:10 PM.
Salt Water 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2013, 01:53 PM   #63
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

Thumbs down

Moderators need to delete The 2 posts above. Schilling is NOT allowed on Reef Central and will lead to an immediate BAN! Do you really think we are stupid?

Current Tank Info: Where you'll find an Acan and Orange Ricordea Garden in Bloom...
Unread 11/29/2013, 01:58 PM   #64
olemiss reb
Molon Labe

Quote:
Salt Water 5

Hello aquaCON employee

Unread 11/29/2013, 02:40 PM   #65
SushiGirl
Premium Member

Amazing.

Current Tank Info: 55g softy/LPS tank & 20L reef tank
SushiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/29/2013, 02:53 PM   #66
NiTr0x911
Registered Member

Lol, Thanks for your input AQUACON.

Unread 07/04/2014, 06:14 PM   #67
moogoomoogoo
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLiD View Post
Moderators need to delete The 2 posts above. Schilling is NOT allowed on Reef Central and will lead to an immediate BAN! Do you really think we are stupid?
What is schilling?

Unread 07/28/2014, 02:50 PM   #68
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

Aquacon?

Did you google it? It basically means when a vendor (a person who sells a product or service) promotes a product and pretends to be like the everyday average consumer. Thus free promotions here without paying for sponsorship and promoting a product and or service with a deceptive bias. Because they will not OPENLY state that they work for or sell said product or service. But it's funny how they can always "hook you up" with a great deal... Wink wink...

Unread 08/15/2014, 09:05 AM   #69
jack1952
Registered Member

oh yea i order a light from these *** wipes and i guess it is in space trying to return to earth who ****** knows

jack1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2014, 09:15 AM   #70
SDguy
Fish heads unite!

With all the horrible feedback, I can't believe this company still gets talked about at all!

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Current Tank Info: 240g butterfly and angel FOWLR. 15g QT.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/01/2014, 01:29 PM   #71
Fish Dude5577
Registered Member

Aquacon AKA Quality Marine Life AKA Saltwater Fish Depot Mary Hellwig, Jared Ratoff

Aquacon AKA Quality Marine Life AKA Saltwater Fish Depot

For all of you that have been ripped off by these people and or companies, who by the way are one in the same company. I have some info that might be helpful: #1 If you have not gotten what you ordered call your credit card company and do what is called
a charge back. It will take you all of 5 minutes for you to resolve it that way. #2 The address where you can actually find these cons that just move from storefront to storefront taking victims money and in many cases never shipping is: Ron Ratoff, Mary Hellwig,
Jared Ratoff 2512 SW 55th St. Dania, Fl.33312 #3 Phone Numbers: 954-842-3106 954-588-4835 954-643-0449 954-362-7588 Do NOT buy from these people. They never quarantine the fish as they say. It's usually get the fish in and ship them out the same day. They
don't care about the livestock. All they count on is people like you and I to place at least $1200.00 a day in orders, yes I said a day. They may go a month and not ship anything. You can do the math. This is credit card fraud, online fraud and all around
FRAUD to it's fullest extent! Signed, Another Victim

Fish Dude5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2014, 10:32 AM   #72
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Dude5577 View Post
Aquacon AKA Quality Marine Life AKA Saltwater Fish Depot

For all of you that have been ripped off by these people and or companies, who by the way are one in the same company. I have some info that might be helpful: #1 If you have not gotten what you ordered call your credit card company and do what is called
a charge back. It will take you all of 5 minutes for you to resolve it that way. #2 The address where you can actually find these cons that just move from storefront to storefront taking victims money and in many cases never shipping is: Ron Ratoff, Mary Hellwig,
Jared Ratoff 2512 SW 55th St. Dania, Fl.33312 #3 Phone Numbers: 954-842-3106 954-588-4835 954-643-0449 954-362-7588 Do NOT buy from these people. They never quarantine the fish as they say. It's usually get the fish in and ship them out the same day. They
don't care about the livestock. All they count on is people like you and I to place at least $1200.00 a day in orders, yes I said a day. They may go a month and not ship anything. You can do the math. This is credit card fraud, online fraud and all around
FRAUD to it's fullest extent! Signed, Another Victim
FWIW Quality Marine is not Aquacon, Aquacon may buy fish from them but they are in no way affiliated or the same company

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2014, 09:00 AM   #73
SDguy
Fish heads unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorty217 View Post
FWIW Quality Marine is not Aquacon, Aquacon may buy fish from them but they are in no way affiliated or the same company
"Quality Marine Life".... not QM

SDMAS member

Marine tanks since 1989.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Current Tank Info: 240g butterfly and angel FOWLR. 15g QT.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2014, 04:37 PM   #74
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
"Quality Marine Life".... not QM
Thanks Peter, I misread that.

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2014, 04:50 PM   #75
johnike
Moved On

I'll admit it, I ordered from them once back in 1997 or so.

johnike is offline   Reply With Quote