Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/07/2019, 06:34 AM   #1
FLSharkvic
Registered Member

** new custom sca rimless 150 **

Real quick intro about me - My name is Matt Paul and I was born and raised in Clearwater, FL.. I have grown up around the Ocean and going down to the FL KEYS all of my life. I first become a diver in 1990 and an Advanced diver in 1993 and from there on I had a massive obsession w/ diving wrecks and reefs. Right around 2004 thru 2008 I worked at my buddies LFS which really helped me keep a stable & a successful reef tank over the last 25 yrs. I just got done tearing down my old 120 Mixed Reef Tank that was up and running for over 14 years so I sold everything except for some gear!

Let get into my old tank first before we get into the new one and all of the Equipment that I have chosen for my new SCA 150 build! I have pretty much spent almost my entirety of my life fully immersed in the aquarium industry. From working as an aquarium service technician in my local aquarium shop to doing installs and Maintenance. I started my adventure into reef keeping and growing SPS corals in the mid-'90s. I have always had a love & passion for the ocean and its inhabitants. I have had the privilege of diving on some of the most beautiful dive wrecks & reefs around the world and really getting a chance to view these corals in their natural environment.

Here are some pictures of my first tank that was a 120 mixed reef tank - specs being the following 48''x24''x24''.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg upload_2018-12-29_17-6-1.jpg (77.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 3yr tank.jpg (77.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg upload_2018-12-29_17-6-50.jpg (58.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Plumbing#3.jpg (63.1 KB, 21 views)
FLSharkvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/07/2019, 06:38 AM   #2
FLSharkvic
Registered Member

Here is some more pictures of my 120 Mixed reef before i got ready to tear it down.

Unread 03/07/2019, 06:43 AM   #3
FLSharkvic
Registered Member

This was the fun part, draining an old tank and taking out over 150 pounds of Old school Tonga Branches and Old School Ultra Premium Fiji Live rock which I actually am recuring it for my me build that I will get into shortly!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Breaking down the 120 2.jpg (59.0 KB, 12 views)
Unread 03/07/2019, 07:00 AM   #4
FLSharkvic
Registered Member

50 gallon Saltwater Mixing Station Fully Automated

I would like to talk about my saltwater mixing station and the equipment that I used to build it.I finally found a really good company who had them on sale with FREE SHIPPING so I grabbed a pair of 25 gallon Ace Roto Mold 25 Vertical Water containers. The company is called Rural King Farm store and I added a link below in case your looking for some bad #$#$ Barrels. They are UV resistant so they will not leave any residue behind like your Brute containers will do unless you clean them. - https://www.ruralking.com/

First, here are some pictures of the barrels and an I went with a Reef Octo VarioS-4 return pump for mixing station and I have a #NeptuneDOS connected so all my water changes are fully automated.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aco Roto Mold 25 gallon barrels.jpg (38.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg SaltWater mixing pump - VarioS4.jpg (45.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg RODI PANEL.jpg (56.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg RODI PANEL2.jpg (49.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg RODI Install.jpg (60.6 KB, 13 views)
Unread 03/21/2019, 05:30 PM   #5
houstonreefer
Registered Member

That makes reef keeping much more easier

houstonreefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
150, ecotech marine, new tank build, sca, synergy reef