Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Nashville Area Reefers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/02/2007, 10:29 AM   #26
Lint_Licker
Moved On

Just put superglue gel on them. Totally cover it with superglue.

Lint_Licker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/14/2017, 10:35 AM   #27
Weapons462
Registered Member

aiptasia

I just got a tank and found a few aiptasia on the rock. I don't have any livestock at the moment. Is there a method I could treat the whole tank (220) to nip it in the bud now? Would eliminating light for a week do it?

Weapons462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/24/2017, 12:03 PM   #28
Pickupman66
Registered Member

Weapons, this is a very old dead thread. LIKE 10 years old.

the only way eradicate them 100% is to nuke the tank. other than that, you will just have to control them. methods of control are :

1. chemical. hit them with aptasia x when you can see them. can kill the one you see, wont kill those you dont. other chemicals can do this.
2. Electrocute them - majano wand kills with electricity and a reaction that causes the cells in the anemonee to fill with hydrigen and burst. you have to kill everythign or they will return. Again, you will only kill what you can get to.
3. Biological. Get something that eats them. Peppermint shrimp are known to. Aptasia eating file fish are known to. Berghia nudibranch are known to. Copperband butterfly is known to. Still, they wont eat them all. they keep coming back. I had a Copperband for 3 years. he ate all in the tank, but since i had some in the overflows and plumbing, the spores were still around. I moved tanks and consolidated into a smaller tank. I then sold my Cbb after months. a few months later, I noticed the anemones came back!.

once in a tank, unless you catch them so very early on, they are next to impossible to eradicate.

15 years reef keeping experience in old school simplistic ways.
/><{{{{"> Archon BETA

Current Tank Info: 66 Gallon SCA Rimless, Custom 40 Breeder sump, DC pumps, Lumentek Pro 240 controlled by my Archon
Pickupman66 is offline   Reply With Quote