Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Other Invertebrates
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/21/2017, 09:23 PM   #1
gearz666
Registered Member

Help with long spine urchin

I have had him about a year. He was doing great got him when he was about 2in. He grew to about 10in. I upgraded my tank that he was in to a larger tank my parameters are good nitrates are about 10 to 20 hard to judge color. Nitrates are 0 ammonia 0 and calcium is 360 mag. Is 1440. There was a algae bloom for a few weeks. Now it's going away but my urchins spines are breaking off but it's more like the tips of his spines and some are covered in this algae but mostly the tips of his spines. He still eats and moves around just kinda worried about him he has broke enough spines he's now more like 6to8in. Should I be worried?

gearz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/21/2017, 10:18 PM   #2
gearz666
Registered Member

https://imgur.com/gallery/Qcel1

Should be pic of him not sure if this will work having hard time uploading images lol

gearz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2017, 08:08 PM   #3
Maggie321
Registered Member

I'm going to ask a typical. What's your parameters? Including ph... I ma far from knowledgeable about this but could your water be too acidic and breaking down the calcium in the spines???

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Maggie321 is offline   Reply With Quote