Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/10/2017, 12:07 AM   #1
Crypsis
yes

Can't download GHL control center.

Hi I need some help. I've been trying to setup my new Doser 2.1 all day and all I can make it do is flash yellow. When I try to download control center it takes me to a page with a blue download button. When I click the download button it loops me back to the downloads page without actually downloading anything. Most of the links on the download page do this same thing but one or two actually let me download something so i don't think it's my computer. I've tried to download on firefox and chrome and turned off my popup blocker and still not able to download. I finally found a dropbox link on some forum which allowed me to download version 1.1 which looks like it's still a BETA version. I ran through the standard wifi connection and everything seemed to be working but when i got to the end the doser blinked white for a bit and then switched back to blinking yellow. Ive tried to connect to my wifi network several more times but it's just not working. At this point the control center V1.1 started crashing on me so i had to uninstall it. Now I need a working version of the control center and some help figuring out why the doser won't connect to my network. Thanks

Merlin

Current Tank Info: 180gal rimless peninsula build in progress.
Crypsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/10/2017, 12:33 AM   #2
Crypsis
yes

Ok so I found another dropbox link for GHLCC V1.08.06. Tried running through the wifi connection another time but still just blinking yellow.

Unread 09/10/2017, 06:04 AM   #3
ReefRockerLive
GHL Mitras LX7 Club

Blinking yellow just means one or more of your dosing containers are getting low. That's normal for the doser to do that. Refill each container in GCC and the blinking yellow will go away.

Take a look at their YouTube channel. They have a video for getting your doser connected to your wifi network.

Current Tank Info: Rimless 67g | GHL Profilux 3.1T eX | 2x GHL Doser 2 dosers | 2xGHL Mitras LX7 LED | Abyzz a100 | Bubble King DC 150 | 2x Vortech MP40w QD | Fauna Marin Zeomatic 2.2ltr | Fauna Marin Zeolight System | Fauna Marin Balling Light Method
ReefRockerLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/10/2017, 07:56 AM   #4
Crypsis
yes

Thanks I'll check that out!

Unread 09/10/2017, 11:05 AM   #5
reefwiser
Registered Member

So sounds like you are on a windows computer and have downloaded GCC multiple times.
Have you looked in your download folder on your computer?
If you have a smart phone you can use the GHL app to set up and use the Doser.
To get the yellow light to go out you have to insert the amount of fluid that the container holds and click on refill. Then the software starts subtacting the amount you dose from the amount that you say is in your container.

Here is the current software for use on a computer:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/dow...nter-v1-0-9-9/

Oh and GHL's US headquaters is in Fort Myers florida and they are dealing with Irma right now.

Here is the GHL company tech support pages

September 23rd,2017 11 am till 3pm
Saint Thomas Fellowship hall,9616 Westport Road,Louisvi
reefwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/10/2017, 01:55 PM   #6
Crypsis
yes

Thanks for the help Reefwiser. Didn't think about the hurricane. I'm up in Colorado. The link you posted worked the first time. For some reason I was never able to get the downloads page to work. I now have the control center working and standard wifi connection as well. The videos helped a lot.

The issue I'm dealing with now is when I'm creating my dosing schedule the pump speed does not change for me. I calibrated at all pump speeds 0-3 and they all dose 10ml per min. The pump speed does not change. Any ideas?

I'm going to set up the other two pumps and see if they do the same thing.

I'm just dosing two part so it's not a big deal I'd just like to know for the future if I need to up the speed a bit.

Again thanks so much for the help!

Merlin

Unread 09/10/2017, 04:08 PM   #7
Crypsis
yes

Ok I'm getting the hang of it. I realize now that I have to hit save after changing the pump speed but before I calibrate or it won't change the pump speed.

For some reason I lost the wifi connection when the ghl control center shut down on me. I switched to USB to continue programming my dosing schedule.

After I got it programmed I deleted the WiFi connection and attempted to reset. This took a good 30min and a bunch of try's but I did succeed in reestablishing the wifi connection. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but it seems to be a little tricky to get it to connect. It's working now and I hope it stays that way.

Unread 09/10/2017, 04:27 PM   #8
Crypsis
yes

So now my problem is I'm getting error code 28 and error code 50. When this starts happening the program crashes and windows shuts it down. This is version 10.9.9 on windows 10. Really wish they had Mac software so I could use my good computer.

Unread 12/05/2017, 09:59 AM   #9
reefwiser
Registered Member

Just use Fusion and bootcamp on your Mac I do it all the time. Sounds like your windows computer has lots of problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

September 23rd,2017 11 am till 3pm
Saint Thomas Fellowship hall,9616 Westport Road,Louisvi
reefwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/05/2017, 11:11 AM   #10
Crypsis
yes

Thanks reefwiser. I eventually found a link that worked on my computer and it’s working now. Pain for me to set up but now it’s working.