Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/13/2012, 05:52 PM   #1
joaovieira
Registered Member

How to Introduce 4 wrasses in tank to avoid fighting.

Hi,

I love wrasses and i am considering to have 4 in my 195 gallons tank. A mistery wrasse, a esquisite wrasse, a possum wrasse and maybe a sixline wrasse. I know they sometimes fight. Whats the best way to introduce those wrasses inmy tank ? I was planning to qt them all(i have a 45 gallons qt) for about 8 weeks without Copper and introduce all in display tank. What do you Think ? Would you quarentine wrasse with Copper ? What dose ?

Last edited by joaovieira; 05/13/2012 at 06:17 PM.
joaovieira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2012, 07:02 PM   #2
wahooblue83
Registered Member

in a 195 gallon tank there shouldnt be an issue. I have a mystery wrasse, 2 leopard wrasses, a pencil wrasse, flame wrasse pair and a 6 line in my 90. The only 2 i would worry about is the mystery and sixline. My mystery is definetly the dominate fish but the sixline tries to compete at times. QT is great if you have that option. I wouldnt copper unless you start to see any problems

wahooblue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2012, 07:28 PM   #3
reefjunkie42
Wrasse junkie

a mystery and a six line are both very aggressive. These fish WILL pose a problem in the future after established, both with eachother and other wrasse you hope to add.I would skip both if it was me. also any healthy fish can and should be QT'ed properly..including a copper treatment and an internal parasite med like prizipro. i have done this regiment on many $$$ high dollar wrasses and is the best option to keep your tank parasite free. it only takes on mistake to make you hate this hobby. as far as dose...read the label and do what it says, id reccomend cuprimine and prizipro, seperately of course.

Current Tank Info: 60g SPS reef
reefjunkie42 is offline   Reply With Quote