Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/11/2018, 03:35 PM   #1101
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoMat View Post
Any news about removing 5000ml refill limit, as we have spoken at Interzoo?

I'm still waiting for a new fw....
I found your post now. Can you tell me, if there will be limit up to 6500ml in single container it will be enough for you? With that kind of precision 0.1ml for channel #1 and 0.01ml for all other channels we have limitations for anything above 6500ml..
Please contact with our service for more informations.
Thank you.

Unread 12/11/2018, 06:10 PM   #1102
MeoMat
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
If you are worried about siphon effect you can you check valves - however if bottles are placed under the doser and tunings output are above water level - it shouldn't happened :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
I found your post now. Can you tell me, if there will be limit up to 6500ml in single container it will be enough for you? With that kind of precision 0.1ml for channel #1 and 0.01ml for all other channels we have limitations for anything above 6500ml..
Please contact with our service for more informations.
Thank you.
The last fw has the same limits of 5500.

For KH dosing, I need 10.000ml or more, but the minimum dose value or precision is not a problem IMHO. Could be 1 ml.

If I dose 300 ml of KH or 298 or 302, is not a problem.
So, if the fw has the possibility of reducing the precision but raising up the container volume at least on #1 head Could be great for me.

MeoMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2018, 03:47 PM   #1103
Editour2
Frank

I just changed the tubing on all of my pumps. I found tubing that meets your product specifications on the inner dimension, (I was previously using wider tubing...which was working as well). All my pumps in use (4 out of 5) had been previously programmed and calibrated. I have check valves on all the pumps both on the intake and the output. I used the manual dosing module to test all the pumps and all were working prior to letting the unit run as programmed.

Pump #4 was scheduled to dose 50 ml, on Saturdays and Tuesdays only, in 24 increments during the day. Well pump #4 went on yesterday, (Sunday), and dosed about 600ml in about 6 hours time....all the other pumps seem fine. I noticed that the pump #4 container, which is a plastic bottle which holds around 1900ml was "drawn in" or appeared as if a vacuum effect had taken place, (air sucked out of the container). None of the other containers, which are all the same, had this issue. Could that have any effect on the amount dosed?

I am going to check the date on the unit tonight, and I will recalibrate pump #4 as well. I will also make the hole in the cap of the container a little wider so that this vacuum effect (or sucking all the air out of the container) does not re-occur.

Any other suggestions/comments/explanations would be welcomed.

I do not want to have a re-occurrence of dosing 600ml in my tank when I programmed the unit to dispense/dose only 50ml. That would make the unit worthless.

Current Tank Info: 215 gal DT, 125 gal sump, 40 gal refugium w/ATS, 20 gal frag tank, reeflo orca skimmer, Knop HD calc reac w/2nd chamber, BRS dual reac, dart rtn pump, 2x tunze 6105's on seasweeps, 2x jebao PP20's, 30gal QT, LED/T5 Ltg, 1/2 hp aqualogic chiller.

Last edited by Editour2; 12/31/2018 at 03:55 PM.
Editour2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/01/2019, 12:02 PM   #1104
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

If your doser was working properly before tubings change and you not performed any calibrations etc after - there is no other way than problem with tubing (not properly placed rollers after changing, not proper ID/OD etc). Have you done any firmware updates or changes in settings after new tubing installation? If not and after change you see simply almost emptied bottle it can't be related with doser settings.
Doser don't know which tubing are you using - if it "dosed" more than should maybe there was "siphon effect" (if tubings are different than they should be ).
It's only one explanation of that situation. Our doser require 3/5mm Pharmed tubings (ID/OD) - using different sizes can make your liquids moving inside tubes when pumps are not working.

Unread 01/01/2019, 12:48 PM   #1105
Editour2
Frank

As I stated above.....I switched from using a little wider Inner dimension tubing to tubing that meets your specifications for the inner dimension, (ID). The OD on the new tubing is a little bigger and that made a tighter fit with the hole drilled in each container lid/cap. Nothing else changed accept that pump #4 did not dose as programmed. All other pumps seem fine. I will check calibration and the rollers etc. I will also make the hole at the top of each container a little bigger to avoid any potential siphon effect....even though I am using check valves. Container #4 was the only one that the air was being sucked out of it so I suspect that this is part of my issue. I didn't have that issue before I changed the tubing.

Current Tank Info: 215 gal DT, 125 gal sump, 40 gal refugium w/ATS, 20 gal frag tank, reeflo orca skimmer, Knop HD calc reac w/2nd chamber, BRS dual reac, dart rtn pump, 2x tunze 6105's on seasweeps, 2x jebao PP20's, 30gal QT, LED/T5 Ltg, 1/2 hp aqualogic chiller.
Unread 01/01/2019, 01:02 PM   #1106
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
We not suggest using other than 3/5mm(or 1/3mm) - with 1mm wall thickness. If you are using tubes with ID the same like ours but OD different - it can make doser not working properly.
If you need that kind of tubings - please send us mail, we can mail it to you by post priority(few dollars cost) and you will be sure that's proper like should be.
Please take a look for Page 55 following manual(it's about Kore 7th and kHLab - but maybe your rollers need to be replaced. If you will use to thick OD tubings it will shorten their life time.
http://pacific-sun.eu/manuals/kore7t...ual_EN_v21.pdf

Unread 01/01/2019, 03:46 PM   #1107
Editour2
Frank

The inner dimension is 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch OD. These are dosing tubes from bulk reef supply. I just changed to this over the weekend. I have the kore 5th doser. I checked pump #4 and the rollers were on backwards so maybe that combined with the air being siphoned from the container is the issue. Where can i send sn email for your tubing and i need the pump tubing also since I found one was cracked but not being used.

Unread 01/01/2019, 05:45 PM   #1108
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Please drop mail to info [at] pacific-sun.eu or office [at] pacific-sun.eu

Unread 01/02/2019, 09:17 AM   #1109
Editour2
Frank

[QUOTE=Przemek_PacSun;25539842]Hello
We not suggest using other than 3/5mm(or 1/3mm) - with 1mm wall thickness. QUOTE]

Can you clarify what you mean here? Are you saying you recommend either 3mm ID 5mm OD

OR

1mm ID 3mm OD

I don't think you meant 3/5ths of a mm for the ID and 1/3rd of a mm for the OD.

Unread 01/02/2019, 10:03 AM   #1110
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

ID - Inside Diameter
OD - Outside Diameter

both - 1/3mm or 3/5mm have 1mm tubing wall thickness.
The main difference is maximum flow - on 3/5mm nominal flow(at maximum speed) is about 60ml/min, on 1/3mm - about 13-14ml/min.
We use this precise tubings on our Kore 7th(but of course - its compatible also with Kore 5th)- 2nd channel - for dosing reagent with 0.01ml precision (its very important when doser have to calculate dosed liquids properly to measure alkalinity automatically in reef aquarium ).
If I should clarify anything please let me know! :-)
Regards

Przemek

Last edited by Przemek_PacSun; 01/02/2019 at 10:25 AM.
Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2019, 03:37 PM   #1111
Editour2
Frank

Przemek,
I am sorry to beat this topic to death here but I am still unclear.
For example:
when you say 1/3mm do you mean:
1mm is the inner dimension (ID) and 3mm is the outer dimension (OD)?

Secondly:
on pump #4 which is the pump I had the issue with....I found the rollers were reversed, (which I did by accident when I cleaned them). Also I was getting a siphoning effect in the container (only on that container). Could these issues be the cause for not dosing what was programmed?

thank you for your patience with me.
Frank

Unread 01/03/2019, 03:11 AM   #1112
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

1. Yes, 1mm is inner diameter, OD is outer diameter.

2. As I said - it had to be issue related with tubings(now we know that with bad assembly after changing tubings).
Of course, without any doubt it could affect proper dosing and siphoning effect.

Unread 01/24/2019, 07:03 PM   #1113
kpctoy
Registered Member

I have a 2014 first gen doser that doesn't appear to have a reset button. The unit has been in storage for a few years. I decided to re-purpose it today and attempted a firmware update. The display now says "Bootloader Ready". I reviewed what I could find online about pressing the reset button. How do I reset a unit without the button? I tried the tri-state switch from top to middle to top and that didnt have any effect.

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited by kpctoy; 01/24/2019 at 08:01 PM.
kpctoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2019, 07:19 PM   #1114
picoreef
Registered Member

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

picoreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2019, 09:26 PM   #1115
kpctoy
Registered Member

UPDATE: I can now connect via the 3 position switch from Bootloader Ready to Connected Uploading and have run the firmware updater 5 times. Each time its says it finished I reboot the doser and it shows Bootloader Ready. I'm doing this from a MAC if that makes any difference.

Unread 01/25/2019, 04:26 AM   #1116
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@kpctoy - Please try delete doser from your Mac, restart Mac, turn off doser power supply for 30s, next pair doser again with Mac and try to upgrade again.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/25/2019, 07:20 PM   #1117
kpctoy
Registered Member

Ok, have tried again using the MAC as well as using a Windows PC. The MAC says its finished yet the doser still shows Bootloader Ready once completed. I've removed, rebooted and re-added via bluetooth 3 times. Each time is the same experience.

What am I missing here?

I did try using the app to access the device and it looked to connect. Showed firmware version 88, responded back but manually turning pumps on has no affect, The display continues to show Bootloader Ready.

Unread 01/27/2019, 06:18 AM   #1118
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello,
If you see on lcd information "Bootloader ready" it mean that firmware update procedure wasn't finished properly.
Please use Windows firmware updater and follow manual. After last updates on Mac(OS) some Customers reported us that Mac firmware updater not work properly every time, now we are checking it .
Windows updated works properly.

Unread 01/28/2019, 06:19 AM   #1119
kpctoy
Registered Member

That worked, thank you!

Unread 02/14/2019, 04:11 PM   #1120
Editour2
Frank

can you state the size of the doser pump neoprene tubing?
Is this the same size?

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dosin...-hose-ghl.html

Unread 02/19/2019, 06:32 AM   #1121
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@Editour2 - Hello, this tubbing would not fit (according to information on this site it have 2,5mm outer diameter, we use 5/3mm pharmed BPT tubings).

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/22/2019, 10:31 AM   #1122
Editour2
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSun Service View Post
@Editour2 - Hello, this tubbing would not fit (according to information on this site it have 2,5mm outer diameter, we use 5/3mm pharmed BPT tubings).

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.
So your pharmed BPT tubing is 3mm Inner Dimension and 5mm Outer Dimension? please confirm.......

Is this available in the USA?

Unread 02/22/2019, 02:59 PM   #1123
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello Frank
Yes, exactly - 3/5mm.
They should be available in USA, you can use also Santoprene tubing(they have little shorter lifetime but still will fit).
If you want - we can supply you directly for this original ones.

Best regards

Przemek

Unread 02/24/2019, 11:38 AM   #1124
Editour2
Frank

Yes can you provide me with a link to purchase here in the US. Thank you.

Unread 03/06/2019, 11:27 AM   #1125
Editour2
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editour2 View Post
Yes can you provide me with a link to purchase here in the US. Thank you.
Never received the info requested above.

Tags
junk trash