Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Tank of the Month
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/01/2008, 11:06 AM   #151
SunnyX
Moved On

Well if you need anything please feel free to Pm me anytime.

Unfortunately the tank is coming down. But fear not, I hae a rimless tank on order from Miracles. This new tank will have a europeon flavor to it.

With any luck I hope to make it to TOTM with the new tank as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by map95003
Hey Ali, I know it's been a while since this thread was updated. I'm new to reefcentral and I'm in the process of setting up a reef. There are lots of great tanks in the tank of the month section, however I'm very impressed with your tank. When I saw it, that's what I had in my head when I decided to build a reef. The colors are great. Hopefully the tank is still doing great, I would love to steal some of your ideas for my build.

SunnyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/05/2008, 01:31 PM   #152
map95003
Registered Member

Sorry to hear you're taking the tank down...but can't wait to see the new setup.

Question: How do you feel about T5 lighting? I'm using a 6x54W T5 fixture for my 75g display (plus 55g sump). It's still all new, tank is still cycling so I haven't really used the light as yet. I plan on keeping some soft corals initially then move up to SPS maybe someday...some say T5's work well for SPS...just wanted to get your thoughts so I can plan long-term. thanks

Note: I consider "well" to be a great setup like yours, can I get that type of results from T5's?

map95003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/25/2008, 05:41 PM   #153
map95003
Registered Member

Hi Ali,
First off...is the new tank up yet? If it is please post some pics, I'm still working on mine, it's not as big as yours but yours was definitely an inspiration...as you can probably tell, I constantly go back to your TOTM article to look at stuff.

I have a few question, I'm planning on having a 1.5 - 2 inch sand bed, you mentioned that bi-anually you replace the sand in your tank...
How do you go about doing that?
Does it cause spikes in your water parameters from stirring it up?
Do you just add new live sand, does it cause a slight cycle of the system and how do you go about adding the new sand without causing a storm in your tank?

I know I have a lot of questions, but I like the idea of replacing the sand, I just want to make sure I'm not setting myself up for problems with the sandbed down the road.

Thanks,
Martin

map95003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/12/2008, 12:00 PM   #154
SunnyX
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by map95003
Hi Ali,
First off...is the new tank up yet? If it is please post some pics, I'm still working on mine, it's not as big as yours but yours was definitely an inspiration...as you can probably tell, I constantly go back to your TOTM article to look at stuff.

I have a few question, I'm planning on having a 1.5 - 2 inch sand bed, you mentioned that bi-anually you replace the sand in your tank...
How do you go about doing that?
Does it cause spikes in your water parameters from stirring it up?
Do you just add new live sand, does it cause a slight cycle of the system and how do you go about adding the new sand without causing a storm in your tank?

I know I have a lot of questions, but I like the idea of replacing the sand, I just want to make sure I'm not setting myself up for problems with the sandbed down the road.

Thanks,
Martin
Link to the new tank:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...ghlight=sunnyx

SunnyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/13/2008, 10:06 PM   #155
myca
Registered Member

how big are these montripora

myca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/13/2008, 10:07 PM   #156
myca