Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/29/2016, 10:30 AM   #26
SKEETER1978
Registered Member

UPDATE:
i lost my cleaner wrasse wasn't eating, but was trying to eat parasites off fish??
all other fish doing good and eating well,
I may loose my female clown, the pair decided to host the power head and first the male got stuck and i saved him but the other night the female got stuck and she survived but is not doing well. What do i do if the female dies.. i can already tell the male is freaking out?
Other than that we doing ok and are set to begin a rise to normal sal on 1-10-17 and return to tank sometime in feb lol

Unread 12/29/2016, 04:17 PM   #27
snorvich
Team RC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKEETER1978 View Post
UPDATE:
i lost my cleaner wrasse wasn't eating, but was trying to eat parasites off fish??

No. They do not eat parasites.
all other fish doing good and eating well,

They are not.

I may loose my female clown, the pair decided to host the power head and first the male got stuck and i saved him but the other night the female got stuck and she survived but is not doing well. What do i do if the female dies.. i can already tell the male is freaking out?
Other than that we doing ok and are set to begin a rise to normal sal on 1-10-17 and return to tank sometime in feb lol
Good luck.

Unread 12/29/2016, 04:36 PM   #28
SKEETER1978
Registered Member

Well then why don't you tell me what they are trying to eat when they pick at the fish. Mine was trying to pick at the other fish but they would just swim away because there is nothing they want done as opposed to when they where covered with ich the wrasse spend all day picking at them..

Why do you say my other fish are not doing well?..other than the clown that my wife said was resting all day and now paired back up with the other clown and was eating a few minutes ago but still not swimming well do to injury on back half.

Unread 12/30/2016, 07:35 AM   #29
snorvich
Team RC member

[QUOTE=SKEETER1978;24851149]Well since i dont have time to look/buy for suitable containers to do a TTM

I/QUOTE]

You may be in the wrong hobby.

Unread 12/30/2016, 08:38 AM   #30
SKEETER1978
Registered Member

SNORVICH: Maybe you don't know the facts. Normally i would have had time to do a lot more but. My 3 yrs old was going in for surgery in a few days (out now and doing great) We lost are babysitter we had lined up due to a death, I run a small snow plowing co and it wouldn't stop snowing and i work a normal 40hr wk job so sorry if i couldn't drop everything to do a TTM. Maybe ypu are just better than everyone else!

Last edited by SKEETER1978; 12/30/2016 at 08:50 AM.
SKEETER1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2016, 11:00 AM   #31
snorvich
Team RC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKEETER1978 View Post
SNORVICH: Maybe you don't know the facts. Normally i would have had time to do a lot more but. My 3 yrs old was going in for surgery in a few days (out now and doing great) We lost are babysitter we had lined up due to a death, I run a small snow plowing co and it wouldn't stop snowing and i work a normal 40hr wk job so sorry if i couldn't drop everything to do a TTM. Maybe ypu are just better than everyone else!
Btw, no snow in Chicago for at least 3 days.

Unread 12/30/2016, 03:01 PM   #32
SKEETER1978
Registered Member

My wife just asked a good question, when we are finally back to normal and we want to restock the with the fish we lost.. Can we order/buy a few fish at a time and quarantine them together?
Also as there will be a period when the fish are ready but tank is not would it be a good idea to treat them with some kind of medication as extra insurance?

Unread 12/30/2016, 03:09 PM   #33
vhuang168
Registered Member

Depending on the type of fish, size of fish and TTM tank size, yes and no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40g custom AIO --> DSA190Pro
vhuang168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2017, 08:39 AM   #34
SKEETER1978
Registered Member

So i have good news to report i was sure my female clown was not going make it, she had a big internal red spot and open wound on one side that grew white fuzz on it and she would not eat. She was very thin, but then wound slowing got better and yesterday she started eating and this morning was eating like a pig.
Other than that all fish seem happy and healthy and i just keep doing these pain in the --- water changes every 2-3 days.
I had a thought if i had to do this again, what if you put a brightwell bio brick in the hypo tank, it should be able support cycle in hypo?

Unread 02/01/2017, 03:11 PM   #35
SKEETER1978
Registered Member

So all fish in hypo are good and have begun the slow rise to normal sal.
My tank has been fallow for 8 weeks now going to wait till 10 weeks..
Question when im ready to switch them is there anything i should do before switching them they are all eating and look very healthy. Ive gone this far just want to make sure im doing everything i can.. Thanks Mike

Unread 11/15/2018, 09:26 PM   #36
SKEETER1978
Registered Member

I just wanted to update this after doing hypo and slowing bringing the fish back to normal sal. they all looked cured but I decided to ttm on the way in just to be safe. All fish survived the transfer and all are still alive. We even have some new tank mates (although they went threw quarantine )
Now the take is doing great i have added alot of corals. Thanks for any help i got. sorry if i was a little short at times.