Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/23/2017, 03:30 PM   #3751
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaman View Post
Ok. I checked again and all the fans again. All but one are working. It’s the one over the right led cluster.
Have any of you guys replaced the led fans before? I know the t5 fans are really easy cause there’s only two screws to remove.
The led fans look like you have to open up the fixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I don't know anything about that. Hopefully ATI will chime in

Click on my user name and check out my homepage!

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
rtparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/25/2017, 02:02 AM   #3752
theshaman
Registered Member

I just ordered 4 fans from ATI.
I think it’ll be pretty easy to replace.

theshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/25/2017, 05:31 PM   #3753
Dennis Gubbels
Registered Member

Hello

Unit is 0% on T5 and still flashing what's wrong ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

Dennis Gubbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2017, 07:23 PM   #3754
Dugless
Registered Member

Do you know if these lights include the hanging cables and ceiling mounts? Thanks!

Dugless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2017, 09:59 PM   #3755
bsme
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugless View Post
Do you know if these lights include the hanging cables and ceiling mounts? Thanks!
They usually include a nice hanging kit. The kit includes cables, drywall anchors, and stud/joist anchors. Tap into ceiling studs/joist if possible. These fixtures are heavy. Only thing you will need to supply are wood screws if using the studs/joist method.

bsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/01/2017, 10:09 AM   #3756
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Your fan is likely not working because your factory settings are incorrect. If you follow the steps in this video it will likely fix the issue. It is not likely to be a fan problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sian2sc693A&t

It could also be this, but not as likely:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow3y21PGt5o&t

And bsme is correct, all ATI Fixtures include a hanging kit

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/01/2017, 05:48 PM   #3757
theshaman
Registered Member

Hi Keith. I just did the update.
I set it to 2 spots and t5 fans to 235.

Unread 12/01/2017, 07:45 PM   #3758
theshaman
Registered Member

I’m curious about what intensity you guys have running in your led clusters. I just bumped mine up from 40% to 50%. My tank is mostly sps but they’re all just little nubs ay the moment. Would higher led intensity make them grow faster? I am aware that too much led intensity can kill frags so I’m raising intensity a little at a time over a span of a month or two.

Thanks guy!

Unread 12/03/2017, 09:49 AM   #3759
JPMagyar
Registered Member

Keith -

Not sure how often you check this forum, and I will certainly call tomorrow, but i was planning on working on my fixture today when I realized that unlike my previous problem last November, I have 4 lamps not working (the 4 on the inside).

Does this mean I need 2 ballasts? What should I do to trouble shoot? If it is the ballast, does ATI still sell ballasts for my generation of Powermodules?

Thanks.

Joe

P.S. For everyone else I have been running the fixture with only the 4 outer lamps for about 9 months and my corals still look fabulous not to mention the bulbs are almost 2 years old now (yes - I tried new lamps in the slots that are not working) so long story short 99% of the time the fixtures we have provide more than adequate light.

Reef Hobbyist Magazine journalist, and all around SPS nut!

Current Tank Info: 240 with 750 gal total system, ATI LED Powermodule, MTC-HSA 1000. MTC Pro-Cal..
JPMagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2017, 03:25 PM   #3760
Bronx19
Registered Member

Are these hybrids reliable now?

Bronx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2017, 04:26 PM   #3761
JPMagyar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx19 View Post
I bought 2 Powermodules. Both failed within the first 2 years. I fixed the first one myself, and I am hoping I can fix the second myself as well. For a $2000 unit I am extremely disappointed in the reliability, but the results and ease of control as regards the dimming and the LEDs are simply not available in any other fixture. Conversely I have a Hamilton fixture I keep over my frag tank. It is caked with salt creep and is over a decade old and has never had a single problem but then the electronics are all remote, it's not dimmable, and it generates a ton of heat. Also, I have a dimmable Sunpower made by ATI that I dropped into the tank and it still works fine and has never had a hiccup. My guess is the LEDs produce damaging amounts of heat that is not adequately compensated for in a fixture that is too tight.

Current Tank Info: 240 with 750 gal total system, ATI LED Powermodule, MTC-HSA 1000. MTC Pro-Cal..
Unread 12/03/2017, 04:36 PM   #3762
Bronx19
Registered Member

I'd love the convenience of LED and control all in one, but they just look too fragile. Might have to stick with the Sunpower line and stick an a360 on it.

Bronx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2017, 04:56 PM   #3763
paal
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMagyar View Post
I bought 2 Powermodules. Both failed within the first 2 years. I fixed the first one myself, and I am hoping I can fix the second myself as well. For a $2000 unit I am extremely disappointed in the reliability, but the results and ease of control as regards the dimming and the LEDs are simply not available in any other fixture. Conversely I have a Hamilton fixture I keep over my frag tank. It is caked with salt creep and is over a decade old and has never had a single problem but then the electronics are all remote, it's not dimmable, and it generates a ton of heat. Also, I have a dimmable Sunpower made by ATI that I dropped into the tank and it still works fine and has never had a hiccup. My guess is the LEDs produce damaging amounts of heat that is not adequately compensated for in a fixture that is too tight.
Joe,
Glad to finally see another post from you Hope you are doing well.

IIRC you ran the spectra, then tried the pacsun hybrid and now obviously the ATI hybrid. How would you compare the two hybrid fixtures?

(I am running the pacsun myself (8xT5/145W LED) It is great, but the fan noise alone makes me regret not going for the spectra tbh...)

Last edited by paal; 12/03/2017 at 05:02 PM.
paal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2017, 10:28 AM   #3764
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMagyar View Post
Keith -

Not sure how often you check this forum, and I will certainly call tomorrow, but i was planning on working on my fixture today when I realized that unlike my previous problem last November, I have 4 lamps not working (the 4 on the inside).

Does this mean I need 2 ballasts? What should I do to trouble shoot? If it is the ballast, does ATI still sell ballasts for my generation of Powermodules?

Thanks.

Joe

P.S. For everyone else I have been running the fixture with only the 4 outer lamps for about 9 months and my corals still look fabulous not to mention the bulbs are almost 2 years old now (yes - I tried new lamps in the slots that are not working) so long story short 99% of the time the fixtures we have provide more than adequate light.

Hello Joe,

I try to stay on top of these threads, but not over the weekend.

This would be best to troubleshoot via a support ticket, please shoot us an email at customercare@ our domain (the North America domain).

We DO still have all the parts available for all versions of Powermodules.

Regarding reliability. I actually deal with very few issues with the LED Powermodule, however perhaps people do not know we are available to help?

Also the fixtures are very repairable. Parts are available and we are here to help troubleshoot.

Unread 12/05/2017, 05:29 PM   #3765
JPMagyar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paal View Post
Joe,
Glad to finally see another post from you Hope you are doing well.

IIRC you ran the spectra, then tried the pacsun hybrid and now obviously the ATI hybrid. How would you compare the two hybrid fixtures?

(I am running the pacsun myself (8xT5/145W LED) It is great, but the fan noise alone makes me regret not going for the spectra tbh...)

Thanks. I've been really struggling with whether or not to continue in the hobby because so much else is going on in my life. Fortunately, my system is large enough it remains very stable with little input.

As to the Pac Sun vs. ATI. I do not have scientific evidence, but it is my opinion as a hobbyist that there was simply something not good about the LED setup in the Pac Sun fixtures. They tended toward a "disco ball" effect, and I really felt that my corals didn't like them no matter how high I hung the fixture. With the ATI I now run the LEDs at 100% but only for a few hours per day and my corals never looked better so I can't say enough good things about the ATI hybrid. I think it is simply the best lighting option available today even with the issues of occasional ballast failures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
Hello Joe,

I try to stay on top of these threads, but not over the weekend.

This would be best to troubleshoot via a support ticket, please shoot us an email at customercare@ our domain (the North America domain).

We DO still have all the parts available for all versions of Powermodules.

Regarding reliability. I actually deal with very few issues with the LED Powermodule, however perhaps people do not know we are available to help?

Also the fixtures are very repairable. Parts are available and we are here to help troubleshoot.

Keith - I will certainly be in contact to set up a support ticket. As much as I am frustrated by the failures I experienced I can not say enough good things about the support I received with my first issue and I expect this time around will be no different.

Joe

Unread 12/05/2017, 05:39 PM   #3766
Dugless
Registered Member

I just plugged my 39w 8 bulb hybrid in and it took nearly 45 seconds for the light to come on. Is this normal?

Dugless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/05/2017, 06:21 PM   #3767
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugless View Post
I just plugged my 39w 8 bulb hybrid in and it took nearly 45 seconds for the light to come on. Is this normal?

Actually I'd say 45 seconds is super fast. Usually it takes a couple minutes to fully boot up. I suppose the light could come on at 45 seconds but more than likely the WiFi wasn't yet available for another couple of minutes (when both Green indicators are solid).

This information is based on it being a Black WiFi version. The older versions did come on quicker, usually not instantly.

Unread 12/06/2017, 06:57 AM   #3768
Chrisrush
Registered Member

Does anyone have a program they really like and would care to share?

Current Tank Info: 2015 Reef Savvy Dream Tank Winner
Chrisrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2017, 11:02 AM   #3769
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrush View Post
Does anyone have a program they really like and would care to share?
This will only work if you have the same number of LED spots. IE: a 60" program being shared with a 60" user. I am pretty sure you cannot share your 60" program with a 48" user.

I would be happy to try it if you like, but I am pretty sure it will reject it since it doesn't have the right programming for the fixture.

Unread 12/06/2017, 11:09 AM   #3770
Chrisrush
Registered Member

That makes sense Keith

Anyone have a 3 LED 8x54w program they would like to share?

Unread 12/06/2017, 05:54 PM   #3771
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
That makes sense Keith

Anyone have a 3 LED 8x54w program they would like to share?

RC doesn't want to let me upload the file here, if you want to email us I can provide a 8x54 wifi edition program used on our test tank.

Cheers

Unread 12/06/2017, 08:34 PM   #3772
Chrisrush
Registered Member

Thanks Keith. I don’t have a Wi-Fi unit. Not sure if it matters.

What’s the email?

Unread 12/06/2017, 11:59 PM   #3773
theshaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx19 View Post
I have had mine going on my second year and it’s my favorite light. I have used radions, kessils, metal halide, mitras.nothing comes close to the ati powermodule. I thought my fans stopped working but that was just me not knowing that they only come on at a certain temperature. But I did order some fans just in case they should fail.

Unread 12/07/2017, 11:09 AM   #3774
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks Keith. I don’t have a Wi-Fi unit. Not sure if it matters.

What’s the email?

The version of the fixture does matter, but I have a nonWifi program I can share too.

Our domain is atinorthamerica.com use customercare@ that domain. (trying to avoid bots picking up our email and spamming us..)

Unread 12/07/2017, 12:00 PM   #3775
Chrisrush
Registered Member

Email sent