Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Ronald L. Shimek, Ph. D.
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/14/2006, 06:11 PM   #1
jellybean
Registered Member

water parameters

Dear sir, as a new person to marine aquariums ,I have been reading as much as I can on the subject, and as a result have purchased two of your books , which advocate 35ppt salinity, and an average temperature of 82F. If I'm reading correctly. my problem is that here in the U.K. no fish store that I have visited keeps their fish or inverts at these values, the ones that I've visited so far have all bar one kept their stock at 1.022sg and 25C and seem incredulous when I tell them about what you recommend even though they all stock your book for sale! One gave the reason that his importer kept their stok at these values and they saw no reason to stress the livestock anymore. My problem is, having found that no shop over here stocks at the recommended values should I strive to keep your parameters or stick with what the creatures have got used to at the lfs? ( I'm in the process of building a 100l reef with sump. It's going all very slowly and carefully.)

Unread 01/14/2006, 07:46 PM   #2
Carl_in_Florida
Registered Member

To Reef Central

Not sure you are gonna get a response in this forum

Unread 01/15/2006, 03:20 PM   #3
jellybean
Registered Member

Hi thanks for the reply. I thought this forum was by Ron Shimek. As the title would suggest, any Ideas where I might get a reply?