Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > SpectraPure
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/05/2009, 12:36 PM   #26
SpectraPure
RC Sponsor

http://www.spectrapure.com/email/cus...ciation.html#1

BULK REFILLs now availible for MaxCap and Silicabuster!

bruce

SpectraPure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2009, 01:30 AM   #27
aoc230
Aoc230

hey bruce was wondering if spectra pure would match price on link you gave http://www.spectrapure.com/email/cus...reciation.html for canadian customers?

thanks much Jake

aoc230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2009, 12:04 PM   #28
SpectraPure
RC Sponsor

Yes. When you place your order- make sure you provide a good email address (for future mailings and specials) and note that your application is Aquatic. This will make it easier for us to make sure you get these specials in the future!
Bruce

ps; My cousins live in London. Nice Place!

SpectraPure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/23/2010, 12:10 AM   #29
Milkman78
Registered Member

love my maxcap i change the pre filter every three months and carbon every 6 months never changed membrane or either di still getting 000 tds out and it has ben in use for 3 yrs and i make 60 gallons per week thanks for making a great product

Milkman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2013, 12:42 PM   #30
SpectraPure
RC Sponsor

Update-
Now all MaxCap manual and auto flush systems come with our new and best tested membrane with 99% rejection.

why is this important?

Let me explain further-
Our newest systems come with our new membranes with 99% typical rejection, which is critical to your RODI system water production cost of operation.
I will also explain why our 99% rejection membrane performance is unique, and when you might want to change your membrane to operate your system at low cost so as to produce high quality water at the lowest cost.

History:
In the old days, vendor specs for the "best" membrane were >96%, and 98% typical.
Of course there were a few with much better rejection in these large batches of membranes so SpectraPure® individually tested each of these membranes to select only a few having the best performance to sell as our "SpectraSelect™” >98% rejection (guaranteed). Those that did not make the grade were used in less critical applications, or if below the manufacturers spec, returned to the supplier.
Around this same time, SpectraPure also developed an in house proprietary treatment process to enhance rejection, increase production, and decrease rinse up time. We still use this process today, regardless of what membrane source material we use as the benefits are substantial for high purity water production.
These original SpectraSelect membranes could easily provide a customer with a 2% rejection increase over the bottom end of the specification of the leading membranes of the day (96% rejection being the bottom end of the typical spec, and >98% rejection being our treated, individually tested and verified guarantee).
Case #1
You may ask why 98% rejection vs. 96% rejection is important, and how could such a seemingly small 2 % increase could possibly save you money in operation costs.
Case#1 Impact of going from 96% to 98% rejection on typical feed
Raw Water TDS (270) 96% rejection (10.8) 98% rejection (5.4) Improvement 200% DI Life DOUBLED

In this case, going from 96% to 98% rejection increase cuts in half (10.8ppm down to 5.4ppm) the ionic load passed on to the DI section of your RODI system. Cutting this load in half in effect DOUBLES the life of the DI section. In other words, cuts in HALF your DI costs.
Now, the best just got better
Our new 99% rejection SpectraSelectPlus™ membrane blows away the competition. It is simply the best available membrane for the money.
http://spectrapure.com/AQUARIUM/MEMB...PD-RO-Membrane
Our newest membrane is treated with our in house proprietary process to enhance rejection, increase production, and then individually tested to guarantee typical 99% rejection, and a minimum of 98%!

Is a one percent increase over our old SpectraSelect membrane really worth it you ask?
Refer to case #2 below; showing a one percent increase at these high levels of rejection DOUBLES the life of your DI! Or in other words cuts your DI costs by half!
Case #2 Impact of going from 98% to 99% rejection on typical feed
Raw Water TDS (270) 98% rejection (5.4) 99% rejection (2.7) Improvement 200% DI Life DOUBLED

The Competition
As usual, there is a competitor offering a “me too” “99%” rejection membrane, but looking closer, their spec is a minimum of 97%. Again, our SpectraSelect membrane has a minimum of 98% rejection, or at least one percent more than this competitors membrane. Refer to case #3 below In the case of going from 97% to 98%, this is a minimum improvement of 1.5 TIMES the life of the DI section. Still a significant cost reduction.

Case #3 Impact of going from 97% to 98% rejection on typical feed
Raw Water
TDS (270) 97% rejection (8.1) 98% rejection (5.4) Improvement 150% DI Life One and a half

But what if you only have 97%rejection and you go to 99% with the SpectraSelectPlus?
Case #4 shows if you go from the minimum competitor rejection spec of 97% to our typical SpectraSelectPlus™ 99% rejection, a TRIPLE life increase in your DI. Triple!

Case #4 Impact of going from 97% to 99% rejection on typical feed
Raw Water TDS (270) 97% rejection (8.1) 99% rejection (2.7) Improvement 300% DI Life TRIPLED

What if you only have 96% rejection, what will 99% rejection do for your operating cost?
To answer the question of those whom have the fairly typical industry standard 96% rejection membrane, a 99% rejection membrane will quadruple Your Di life. Let me repeat, quadrupled. Please to case #5. This is a strong case for keeping the best membrane in your system possible. Rejection performance pays huge dividends in DI life!
Case #5 Impact of going from 96% to 99% rejection on typical feed
Raw Water TDS (270) 96% rejection (10.8) 99% rejection (2.7) Improvement 400% DI Life QUADRUPLED

When should I change my membrane?
The flip side of this question is when should I change my membrane? Refer to case #6 which shows the impact of your rejection degrading from 98% to 95%, DI life is cut in half.
Case #6 Impact of going from 98% to 95% rejection on typical feed
Raw Water TDS (270) 98% rejection (5.4) 95% rejection (13.5) Increase in Ionic Load 40% DI Life >HALVED

Note: these calculations assume no CO2 which is not removed by your RO membrane, which can significantly degrade the life of your DI. High pH, or contaminates such as chloramines will also affect performance. The typical calculation charts shown reflect the IONIC load improvements relative to each Rejection Improvement.

I hope this helps you better understand why/how your RO membrane rejection is a prime driver in your RODI water production cost, and how when coupled with the other performance/design factors of the maxcap system enables you to make ultra pure water at less cost than most any other system of its size and cost range.
Bruce

Old 01/06/2014, 11:32 AM   #31
SpectraPure
RC Sponsor

Thank you!

Old 08/02/2014, 07:24 PM   #32
thirst
Registered Member

What's the difference between automatic flush and not? Is it worth the extra money for the auto flush?

Also does spectrapure offer free shipping?

thirst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2014, 02:30 PM   #33
SpectraPure
RC Sponsor

The auto flush will perform a flush before, during, and after. The standard has no flush, and the MF you have to manually flush the system yourself. Flushing your membrane greatly reduces membrane scaling. This will extend the life of your membranes and post filters.

Jeremy

Old 08/04/2014, 05:25 PM   #34
SpectraPure
RC Sponsor

I am sorry to not have answered your question thoroughly. We do not have free shipping at this time. I could try to find one of my wholesale customers in your area if you want to give me the zip code, and major city that you live in or by.

Jeremy

Old 08/04/2014, 05:54 PM   #35
thirst
Registered Member

Thanks Jeremy. I was able to order from one of your distributors.

Thanks!

thirst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/06/2014, 12:03 PM   #36
SpectraPure
RC Sponsor

Great!