Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/24/2017, 09:51 AM   #1
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

New Aquaforest Products soon available in local stores!

New Aquaforest Products soon available in local stores!

AF Life Source - see how it looks like:

AF Pure Food- see how it looks like:

AF Calanus- see how it looks like:

Here is map where to find Aquaforest products: http://aquaforest.eu/en/gdzie-kupic/

Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2017, 10:13 PM   #2
ReeferWR
Registered Member

Starting

ReeferWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2017, 08:21 AM   #3
luvreefs23
Registered Member

When is this stuff going to be available?

luvreefs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2017, 08:21 AM   #4
Piper27
I love bengals

Aqua forest, can you please tell us more about life source? The description sounds like nothing I have heard of before. All I can gather from the description is that it is a buffer that enhances microbiology in our tanks. And even that statement confuses me.
It's not a bacteria suppliment?
How is it used?
What is the substance?
What does it do to benifit our reefs?
Why is it good to use with a refugium or deep sand bed?
Is this only to be used with a balling system or can calcium reactor users impliment this?

Piper27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/10/2017, 06:56 AM   #5
coral102
Registered Member

Bump for reply...

Unread 04/15/2017, 01:51 PM   #6
Piper27
I love bengals

If any of the reps who seem to handle all of AF boards could please ask AF some of these questions or lead them to any of the threads, I have so many questions about this stuff... I would actually promote AF to friends myself if their participation was a little more involved and replys were more than a simple statement.

Unread 04/15/2017, 02:28 PM   #7
120reefer
Registered Member

I will look into it . I myself am not familiar with this product yet but I will get you an answer. You might have to give me a couple of days due to the holiday.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

120reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2017, 06:38 AM   #8
plyle02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper27 View Post
Aqua forest, can you please tell us more about life source? The description sounds like nothing I have heard of before. All I can gather from the description is that it is a buffer that enhances microbiology in our tanks. And even that statement confuses me.
It's not a bacteria suppliment?
How is it used?
What is the substance?
What does it do to benifit our reefs?
Why is it good to use with a refugium or deep sand bed?
Is this only to be used with a balling system or can calcium reactor users impliment this?

I know it as an extraction off real reefs to promote the balance of a sandbed. I imagine with our modern day sandbed, it depletes quickly from a micro side. It is similar to mineral mud, but used in a broadcast form to the reef. I think it helps to balance and support the micro critters as well, perhaps gives a food source. No one has used here in the states, so give it a few weeks, and some of the AF Support Team will then begin posting.
Cheers!

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2017, 06:40 AM   #9
plyle02
Registered Member

Life Source, Pure Food, Calanus, and ICP OES test pack are now available for distribution in the states! Please encourage your LFS, or online retailer to stock these items

plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2017, 04:31 AM   #10
Piper27
I love bengals

Can someone tell me if life source will help a live rock filled refugium? Especially ones with a lot of critters using detritus and such to make homes? Or is it only for tanks with sand? Are there any benefits from using this on a barebottom tank at all?

Plyle02 I never once thought our sandbeds would have micro life depleted for any reason. Why and what might get depleted? Will this stuff help keep the sandbeds in our tanks clean somehow? Or will it muck up sandbeds that are already not perfectly taken care of?
I wont buy this stuff unless I am sure of what it does, so thanks to all the us guys at guessing in a way, at what it does. I will wait for AF to start posting on this product before I buy. I have too many questions and not really any real answers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Unread 06/07/2017, 07:19 AM   #11
Anirban
Registered Member

I am currently testing Calanus, Pure food and life source in my system since last one month or so. Calanus is more of a fish food and fishes just love it (tang, anthias, clown and wrasse). I can not certainly say anything about the pure food as I don't use it daily but nothing bad happened to my corals so its fine. Possibly it will take longer to comment. Now, coming back to most debatable product of this line, life source. In simple language its mud. Possibly collected from some low tide area but it smells exactly like something directly from sea. Now, AF recommend this for sandbed or refugium but I dont have any of it. My system is bare bottom and without refugium. So, I was little skeptical about using it first time.But I like more natural thing and after opening the container and smelling I was ready to give it a try. Took some tank water mixed it and dumped it in the tank. The whole tank became cloudy and I was waiting finger crossed. After an hour everything cleared up and nothing changed. So, its been recommended to use it at least once a week and I am using it twice but half recommended dose. I have not seen any change in parameters or skimmer overflow. But I observed majorly two things. First, when I dose and the tank is cloudy my corals goes to feeding mode like they are getting food from the water column and second after a month of use my whole system is getting a high rate of purple coralline deposition. I don't know the reason behind the coralline but it can be more mineral and biodiversity balance caused by the product. I wish to do a full ICP testing after 3 month of the product usage to figure out how the system is responding to the new product.

Anirban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/14/2017, 12:49 PM   #12
Haksar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirban View Post
I am currently testing Calanus, Pure food and life source in my system since last one month or so. Calanus is more of a fish food and fishes just love it (tang, anthias, clown and wrasse). I can not certainly say anything about the pure food as I don't use it daily but nothing bad happened to my corals so its fine. Possibly it will take longer to comment. Now, coming back to most debatable product of this line, life source. In simple language its mud. Possibly collected from some low tide area but it smells exactly like something directly from sea. Now, AF recommend this for sandbed or refugium but I dont have any of it. My system is bare bottom and without refugium. So, I was little skeptical about using it first time.But I like more natural thing and after opening the container and smelling I was ready to give it a try. Took some tank water mixed it and dumped it in the tank. The whole tank became cloudy and I was waiting finger crossed. After an hour everything cleared up and nothing changed. So, its been recommended to use it at least once a week and I am using it twice but half recommended dose. I have not seen any change in parameters or skimmer overflow. But I observed majorly two things. First, when I dose and the tank is cloudy my corals goes to feeding mode like they are getting food from the water column and second after a month of use my whole system is getting a high rate of purple coralline deposition. I don't know the reason behind the coralline but it can be more mineral and biodiversity balance caused by the product. I wish to do a full ICP testing after 3 month of the product usage to figure out how the system is responding to the new product.
Bump.
Would like to know if you are still using AF Life Source . I am
particularly interested since your tank is BB.

Unread 10/24/2017, 09:11 PM   #13
Anirban
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksar View Post
Bump.
Would like to know if you are still using AF Life Source . I am
particularly interested since your tank is BB.
Sorry for delay. Yes, I still use it. I just love it. Its natural and I have seen no ill effect till now. It introduce a lot of biodiversity so I like it.

Anirban is offline   Reply With Quote