Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Northwest Ohio Reef Association (NORA)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/13/2014, 01:51 AM   #1
GrandeAzul
Registered Member

Hello...

Anybody out there?

GrandeAzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2014, 09:29 AM   #2
Forgiven1973
Registered Member

Some of us r around but no one posts here.

Forgiven1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2014, 05:49 PM   #3
GrandeAzul
Registered Member

I see that. Is anyone getting together from the old trac?

Unread 07/21/2014, 07:52 PM   #4
hllywd
Premier World Traveler

I know this is late, but nobody from TRAC seemed too interested after the way the club was allowed to languish. I personally think the way that went down was pretty lame. Unfortunately, TRAC is at least part of why nobody is here, a couple personalities clashed and rather than be adult about it one guy went and started "his" own club, didn't like others' suggestions, and wouldn't accept any money to keep the club afloat. Then one day a couple years later, after having a hand in killing this club announces he's shutting "his" club down unless someone else takes ownership of what he wanted.

I know of at least a couple people that are on Michigan Reefers. Some are on a page on the Facebook page Saltwater Smarts. I wasn't too happy there after being berated by a noob that didn't want to hear how her month old 55 gallon fully stocked "reef" with HOB filtration shouldn't be fully stocked yet with BTAs, coral, and fairly expensive fish... There is NORAReef.com but the last I heard, Scott, the guy that owns, and started it was looking to sell his entire system, not many posts there recently either... Unfortunately it didn't seem to take off either.

I'm pretty happy now sticking with CORAreef.org , and the RC forums.

Current Tank Info: 210 AGA RR, Apex, 3x Kessil A360W & 2x 80W T5s, GEO 618 Ca Rx, BM220 CS2 skimmer, Tunze 6100s, 42" ETSS/AE Tech refugium/sump
hllywd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/11/2015, 12:58 PM   #5
GrandeAzul
Registered Member

Do either of you know who it was that organized the tours at the Toledo zoo? I would love to see how the new aquarium exhibit is filtered.

Unread 01/18/2015, 10:18 PM   #6
METZCOOL
Registered Member

new reef club has started in the areahttp://www.buckeyereef.com/forums/

METZCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/19/2015, 04:02 PM   #7
hllywd
Premier World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeAzul View Post
Do either of you know who it was that organized the tours at the Toledo zoo? I would love to see how the new aquarium exhibit is filtered.
AFAIK, Scott, the guy that owned TRAC, or possibly BrineyDave were the ones who set up the zoo tours. You might also try Therman. I believe both he, and BrineyDave are here on RC from time to time.

Current Tank Info: 210 AGA RR, Apex, 3x Kessil A360W & 2x 80W T5s, GEO 618 Ca Rx, BM220 CS2 skimmer, Tunze 6100s, 42" ETSS/AE Tech refugium/sump
hllywd is offline   Reply With Quote