Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Upstate Reef Society
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/20/2018, 06:21 PM   #1
erndog1001
Registered Member

Fish & Coral Liquidation

aOk so I've posted 2 videos on You Tube. One is my fish at their daily feeding and almost all of them make a showing.
It's called "Ernie's fish" I know Pretty clever eh? Scroll down past the Sesame Street stuff and you'll find it.
The second is of all my corals, most of the rock. Plus some inverts Namely Urchins.
It's called Yep you guessed it "Ernie's corals" Lol
I'll be posting prices and descriptions in the next day or so
Suffice it to say Everything is for sale Fish,Coral,Rock the lot

Unread 02/20/2018, 06:37 PM   #2
CUSE1315
Registered Member

Interested in pricing on trumpets, pocci, and a few other pieces. I’ll watch for the post. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUSE1315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2018, 07:17 PM   #3
prose
Registered Member

Holy colonies glws and I pmd you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/21/2018, 08:35 AM   #4
MarkKlier
Registered Member

Just a thought. I have broken down several large tanks over the years,as has Cully.
You can set up 1 or 2 rubber maid and transfer fish and coral and the take some time and reboot the whole system. It is actually kinda fun in a sick kinda way:
We all would be happy to help. Your fish and coral....except the large sps, would be fine. Trumpets are bullet proof. Any large colony of sps like you have are gonna be tricky no matter what. I'm sure you already have thought of all that....but just wanted to offer.

MarkKlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2018, 04:58 AM   #5
erndog1001
Registered Member

First I want to say thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. I really appreciate it. I suppose I could just take it apart and house my livestock in bins and cans temporarily. But it's as much the time aspect as the leak that makes me think this is the right thing for the time being.
Ok so here goes.Fish first. There isn't much to get rid of bc I'm happy to say that I found someone who is going to take the bulk of my Tangs and the Copperband and keep them together! Which I feel is just awesome.
So there are just a few that still need homes
For these first two I'm going to say that you'll need at least a 180gal tank to give them enough room.
A large Rabbitfish I've had him for several years He's blind in one eye. Must have run into one of my urchins in the dark. But he does just fine. I'll let him go for free to a good home.
Next is my Sailfin Tang Another large fish. Very healthy Eats anything. $50
A Filefish Good size for this species But not huge Does eat Aptasia. $20
Blue lined Cleaner Wrasse $10
Psychedelic Mandiran $30 BUT You must have a well established tank!
Ok lastly Is my Vlamingi Tang. This guy is HUGE A good foot long Probably about an 8" girth os so. Has a nice bump on the forehead and tail streamers. With absolutely beautiful markings along it's whole body. Very mild mannered. I'd go so far as to say shy.
I'm going to say $100 But I'm more looking for a good home. Bc this one's going to need a very big tank. Minimum 300+ IMHO
That's it I think If I missed any I'll post them later
PM me if interested
Oh btw Catching these guys is going to be near impossible until I get a lot of the coral and rock gone. And then I'll have to catch them while sleeping So you may have to wait a bit tog et any of these
Thanks I'll be posting everything else (coral,rock,urchins etc)in a little while

Unread 02/25/2018, 04:25 PM   #6
MarkKlier
Registered Member

Went out and met Ernie today. Wow so much fun . We have so many great people in the hobby!!!!
His set up is so cool!!!
Largest colony of trumpets I have ever seen!
Largest sea urchins I have ever seen..
We are setting up the 220 for the tangs. Going to keep them together and let them rule the place. Going to keep them separate from my tangs. You know how that goes.
Could have talked for hours.....actually did
When you get back in you know where to come first
MK

MarkKlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/26/2018, 07:13 PM   #7
erndog1001
Registered Member

Mark the pleasure was mine.It's people like you that will always keep me coming back to this hobby.
Ok everybody I'm sorry I didn't do this yesterday So here's what I have in mind. I'm going to give prices for the rest of this livestock based on where it shows up in the video.
"Ernies corals" on You tube
Purple stylos There are 2 huge colonies. If someone wants one or the other intact They are $125 ea. If I can't sell them whole I will break you off a nice size frag for $15 as many as you want. Gluing them is up to you.
Next are my Trumpet/Candy Cane colonies There are 4 colonies of the more common pale green They are $40 ea Sorry I'm not going to break these
There are 2 of the chartreuse But the real big one is already taken The smaller one (which is still pretty big) is $50
Believe me there are tons of heads on these
Next is a mushroom rock Plus some that are growing on the side of the overflow
They were called " Vietnamese hairy mushrooms" when I bought them The video does not do them justice The really are pretty cool. The rock is $40 and its covered with them.
I'll take $10 ea for the ones stuck to the overflow and I'll refund your money if they die from being pried loose.
Next comes a large Flowerpot colony Again the video does not show it's true beauty. You have to take the whole rock There's no way to get it off. The rock is medium sized and also has some of the previous mushrooms that have migrated to it. I kept scrubbing them off But they keep coming back. Lol This one is $50 for the whole thing.
The next one is rock of just common mushrooms It's a fairly good size chuck and there's lots on it. I'll take $30
Now comes a small colony of Green Millipora $40
Then 1 of 2 rather nice mushrooms (the other is on the other side of the tank ) $40 ea
Next is a decent sized frag of Rainbow Pectinia Again the video does not even come close to showing this corals true beauty It's as pretty as any you've ever seen.
I have 2 this size and they are $50 ea
Next is a pretty big "Mini Anemone" It's very pretty red and green. You'll have to take the rock it's on too. No way it's coming off without killing it I think. $40
The torch has 2 heads $20
Ok I have to admit I don't know what this next Acropora colony is It's like 5" tall and as many across Lots of branchs. $50 Sorry I won't frag it
Again I don't know the proper name of this green chalice It's fused to a large piece of rock and some of it will certainly break when moved But you'll get a lot of it intact. $50
There's a much bigger colony in the back of the tank.It's later in the video and this one I'll frag $10 ea I'll give nice size pieces too
I'll finish tomorrow There's plenty more to come.
PM me if you're interested
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this

Last edited by erndog1001; 02/26/2018 at 07:19 PM.
erndog1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2018, 06:52 PM   #8
mattgumaer
Registered Member

Another big thank you to Ernie. I went over tonight and got the tour of a truly remarkable system. Amazing how big things will get when put in a big system and left to their own devices. If you have the chance, it's definitely worth seeing the system before it's shut down (and you might even find a nice pieces to take home). Thanks again Ernie. Hopefully, we'll see you back in action soon. Even if you decide to take the system in a freshwater direction, still come back and post some pics. I'm sure it will be awesome.

Matt

mattgumaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2018, 04:12 AM   #9
erndog1001
Registered Member

Thanks.
Ok Here's an update.
The following are all sold
Flowerpot
Pectinias
Bounce Mushrooms
All Acros

Still Have lots of
Purple Stylos
Green Stylos
3 Pale green candy canes/trumpet colonies
A few of the big hairy mushrooms
Lots of that Green Chalice
Lots and lots of rock

And I'm about to get desperate I think.The leak got way worse overnight last night I had to actually put my drain pump in the bucket Bc the DOS can no longer keep up with it. I'm afraid that all the stuff that's left is going to wind up in bins pretty soon.

Unread 03/01/2018, 06:06 PM   #10
daveverdo
Registered Member

PM sent.

Dave

Unread 03/03/2018, 03:09 AM   #11
erndog1001
Registered Member

This is it folks. The leak has basically become uncontrollable. Lucky it is Friday night bc I've had to be up most of the night so far just to keep it from collapsing.
Worse than a sick kid Lol.
So here's what's going to happen Capt_Cully is coming over late this morning to get what he wants.
After he leaves I'm going to remove whatever is left to bins. Then I'm shutting it down and emptying the tank.
And what is left as of now is:
Most of the Purple Stylos. I was actually able to remove the 2 colonies intact the other night while we caught the fish.
Btw Mark and I had a lot of fun doing it and I'm happy to say. They all made the trip to their new home just fine!!!
They are massive colonies weighing like 50-60# But just beautiful. Unfortunately I'm afraid I'll have to break them up some to fit in a bin.
I also was able to remove a good size chuck of the Green Chalice that was in the back of the tank(You see it towards the end of the video)intact.
All the bright purple mushrooms are still here
Lots of nice rock
So if you want something come get it this weekend. PM me I'll be keeping a close eye on this today.
Oh and Thank you all vey much for taking the time to read all this and all the kind words of encouragement It really means a lot.

Unread 03/03/2018, 07:01 AM   #12
LtDster
Registered Member

That is an amazing tank. I wish I had seen this sooner, I would have made the drive to get even just a little of any of that.

LtDster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/06/2018, 09:34 PM   #13
CuseReefer84
Registered Member

I'll take the cleaner wrasse if it's still available.

CuseReefer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2018, 03:59 AM   #14
erndog1001
Registered Member

The wrasse is at ABC Reefs

Unread 03/09/2018, 07:24 AM   #15
CuseReefer84
Registered Member

Yeah, I saw it there yesterday.

CuseReefer84 is offline   Reply With Quote