Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/01/2017, 12:15 AM   #551
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Ummm so I did a thing.... which leads to another thing.. being a small predator tank thing... lol

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 01:42 AM   #552
biggles
Registered Member

I'm glad the acros are coloring back up Dom, give it some time and everything will be right on track i'm sure

I could have one of those in my secret sump flubber tank with angels and all sorts of cool fish that eat acros......... i'm taking your lionfish if it's on order Dom - i just sent Dave a text in case you have it ordered.

What is the name of my new fish anyway Dom ?

Unread 05/01/2017, 07:10 PM   #553
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
I'm glad the acros are coloring back up Dom, give it some time and everything will be right on track i'm sure

I could have one of those in my secret sump flubber tank with angels and all sorts of cool fish that eat acros......... i'm taking your lionfish if it's on order Dom - i just sent Dave a text in case you have it ordered.

What is the name of my new fish anyway Dom ?
Definitely improving a great deal It's amazing what stable parameters and a Radium can do

You sure could! I'm just waiting for your acro eating angel sump rocket to blast off! lol Well he's already feeding on live and dead neon tetra's and I'm hoping the conversion to frozen silversides will be nice and easy

He is a lovely d. biocellatus, Fu Manchu Lionfish and Georgia and I are currently working on his pet name because we decided he had to have a proper name

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Unread 05/01/2017, 09:58 PM   #554
martinphillip03
Registered Member

I like Andrew Kevin Biggles! Now thats a proper name.

Marty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangy View Post
He is a lovely d. biocellatus, Fu Manchu Lionfish and Georgia and I are currently working on his pet name because we decided he had to have a proper name

martinphillip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2017, 08:42 PM   #555
Myka
Reefing since '93

Quote:
White skin with blue corallites and polyps! Hopefully I can keep the white skin! lol
I don't normally "photo quote" because I think it's annoying to read, but when I do it's because I've seen something remarkable! I keep seeing this coral - in my dreams, just out of reach. I saved your photo and I'm going to send it to the Aussie supplier and ask for one. Last time I asked for a blue Echi and I got a pink Spath though, so I'm not holding my breath. I'll keep on dreaming.

Current Tank Info: 69 SPS (73 gal net) established July 1/15. (HBD Canada!) ATB 840, ATI 6-bulb dimmable. Fauna Marin balling lite method.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2017, 09:22 PM   #556
Pife
Registered Member

That is a dream coral. It's one of my favorites I've seen from down under. Great pickup Dom.

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/04/2017, 05:08 PM   #557
sparker1663
Registered Member

looking good dom. Can't believe you turned your radium off though...... :P

sparker1663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2017, 02:25 AM   #558
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinphillip03 View Post
I like Andrew Kevin Biggles! Now thats a proper name.

Marty
You might have given me some name idea's haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I don't normally "photo quote" because I think it's annoying to read, but when I do it's because I've seen something remarkable! I keep seeing this coral - in my dreams, just out of reach. I saved your photo and I'm going to send it to the Aussie supplier and ask for one. Last time I asked for a blue Echi and I got a pink Spath though, so I'm not holding my breath. I'll keep on dreaming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
That is a dream coral. It's one of my favorites I've seen from down under. Great pickup Dom.
It's one of the most gorgeous I've seen, not many pieces with bone white skin and sky blue corallites

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker1663 View Post
looking good dom. Can't believe you turned your radium off though...... :P
haha I felt sad every day that it was off back on now lol

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 05/06/2017, 02:43 AM   #559
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

So there's a few minor changes and tweaks starting to hit The Shallows at the moment! I bought a little tub of Pro Bio F to play with, one dose already last night and the skim is about twice as dark today lol so there must be something in it! haha Just 2 spoons of it and I'll probably only do it twice a week or once a week
I also went a little silly and got a 22kg tub of the probiotic reef salt because if we're playing with bacteria I may as well go all out haha and I've wanted to give it a whirl to see what happens anyway
I've also upped the vitamin game in my tank seeing as it's all the rage at the moment lol

I also picked up some scrummy goodies

And meet the Sump Monster!

The little Fu Manchu didn't make it through the week at the store due to mysterious circumstances so that plan is a little delayed

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 05/07/2017, 02:50 AM   #560
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Tank shot I did a little bit of organisation and playing around with acro placement and I'm pretty happy with the new sorting for the moment, I tried it with my Biggle glasses on to take as much note of colour and growth form so everything is opposing and popping! You can't really tell from the picture but I'm happy, just need to deal with the bubble algae lol. I also did 50L water change today to use it up as I went to Dave's Siphoned pretty much the entire sump lol, that was very much needed and a quick vac of the sand as well Next water change will be the probiotic salt! I'm super keen to see what happens!

I also picked up a calcium reactor today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We blew up the solenoid in the store and a fuse so I need a new reg+solenoid but it's all set aside from a ph controller and I've got a vario blue ii peristaltic pump on loan while I get my own lol Veerrryyy close to having one running finally!

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 05/07/2017, 04:53 PM   #561
sparker1663
Registered Member

Next project for you is to finally build a proper frame for your mesh. LOL

sparker1663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/10/2017, 08:12 AM   #562
markalot

I like the layout. Room to go vertical with a few more sticks.

Unread 05/11/2017, 05:28 AM   #563
biggles
Registered Member

Tank is looking good Dom, the new acros look nicely colored

What is the difference between the bio f and using the pro bio s and np pro ? I thought the bio f was added to the reef salt to make it probiotic salt.

I want answers.................. what's the go Dom ?

Unread 05/11/2017, 11:52 AM   #564
reefmutt
Registered Member

Those new pieces are crazy nice!
Dom, I like your fts.. I do. Really..
But damn! Where are the top downs ?!!!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2017, 07:03 PM   #565
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker1663 View Post
Next project for you is to finally build a proper frame for your mesh. LOL
haha I might actually take some measurements today to think about building a proper top

Quote:
Originally Posted by markalot View Post
I like the layout. Room to go vertical with a few more sticks.
Easy to build up and only being 18" high it still allows the tank to look a lot bigger and have plenty of swimming space for my babies lol

Quote:
Tank is looking good Dom, the new acros look nicely colored

What is the difference between the bio f and using the pro bio s and np pro ? I thought the bio f was added to the reef salt to make it probiotic salt.

I want answers.................. what's the go Dom ?
Thanks mate I'm pretty happy with how it's going given all of the up's and down's I've had since starting it up but we're finally getting somewhere lol I'm picking up some flucanozole from Dave today to deal with the few strands of bryopsis that are taunting me and I've got some Vibrant coming in on Tuesday to finally kill off the bubble algae and have a near complete pest free tank

Pro Bio F is pretty much the powder form of -NP Pro plus Pro Bio S plus some other goodies, different strains of bacteria and an extra culture medium lol. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they added to the probiotic salt to make it probiotic lol. I'll be doing a WC with that tomorrow so I'll bring back some feedback lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Those new pieces are crazy nice!
Dom, I like your fts.. I do. Really..
But damn! Where are the top downs ?!!!
Yeah!! The first bit is pretty special and the second is similar to a. hyacinthus but I've always had a soft spot for them lol I may come back with more today lol but it'll probably be fish as a big shipment came in today!
Thanks Matt, that means a lot I'll be doing some top downs for you over the weekend lol was thinking about it the other day but I've been flat out with uni!

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 05/11/2017, 07:07 PM   #566
slin1977
Registered Member

Dom , draw two eyes on your right hand and with your left hand remove the net cover.
Insert your right hand in to the tank and line up the eyes with a bubble algae, now pounce on the bubbles, removing them one by one from the tank until you are done. Simples!
This method I can testify has worked for me in the past.

Unread 05/12/2017, 12:03 AM   #567
biggles
Registered Member

Quote:
Pro Bio F is pretty much the powder form of -NP Pro plus Pro Bio S plus some other goodies, different strains of bacteria and an extra culture medium lol. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they added to the probiotic salt to make it probiotic lol. I'll be doing a WC with that tomorrow so I'll bring back some feedback lol
The reason i mentioned it was you might want to skip the bio f daily dose when you do a water change in case you're over doing the probiotics........ just something to watch out for in case you see something weird going on after doing the probiotic salt water change.

No idea but you just never know Dom............

Did you buy a fish or acro at Deer Park today - something wrong with you if you didn't.....

Unread 05/13/2017, 02:24 AM   #568
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slin1977 View Post
Dom , draw two eyes on your right hand and with your left hand remove the net cover.
Insert your right hand in to the tank and line up the eyes with a bubble algae, now pounce on the bubbles, removing them one by one from the tank until you are done. Simples!
This method I can testify has worked for me in the past.
Manual removal is about 10 decades behind the point I'm at now Vibrant is going to be my weapon of choice for this battle, right after I finish with the fluc dosing lol

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 05/13/2017, 02:28 AM   #569
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
The reason i mentioned it was you might want to skip the bio f daily dose when you do a water change in case you're over doing the probiotics........ just something to watch out for in case you see something weird going on after doing the probiotic salt water change.

No idea but you just never know Dom............

Did you buy a fish or acro at Deer Park today - something wrong with you if you didn't.....
I know you think I'm a little nutty but I'm not that nutty haha I'm only dosing pro bio f once a week Maybe twice a week but certainly not daily! Especially with the probiotic salt, which is amazing by the way! It mixes stupidly quick and it's crystal crystal clear! The acro's very much enjoyed it and there was a positive reaction around the tank for it!

No comment There was 7 fish I wanted and it took AAALLLL of my self control to just buy two lol I fell in love with one the instant I laid eyes on her the teeniest tiniest little bellus angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a bellus again!!

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 05/13/2017, 02:29 AM   #570
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Annnddd a FTS spot the new babies :d

Courtesy of Nils:
Unread 05/13/2017, 03:18 AM   #571
slin1977
Registered Member

Quote:
Manual removal is about 10 decades behind the point I'm at now Vibrant is going to be my weapon of choice for this battle, right after I finish with the fluc dosing lol
Yea man !!! I know this already, I'm gonna grow old unable to keep up with technology. I'm sure this vibrant stuff is going to detail your rock work. Ps nice new Bellus!

Unread 05/13/2017, 08:11 AM   #572
martinphillip03
Registered Member

Dom, did you buy the lion fish? If you did, aren't you afraid it will eat one of your $200 fishes?

Marty

martinphillip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/15/2017, 10:36 AM   #573
Pife
Registered Member

I'm envious of your wrasses. I can't wait to see your tank grow in.

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2017, 11:18 PM   #574
biggles
Registered Member

Gotcha on the pro bio f thing now lol. What is that bi color fish above the angel ?

Display is looking really healthy and vibrant in your last FTS Dom, you're doing the right things now i'm sure

Unread 05/18/2017, 03:55 AM   #575
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slin1977 View Post
Yea man !!! I know this already, I'm gonna grow old unable to keep up with technology. I'm sure this vibrant stuff is going to detail your rock work. Ps nice new Bellus!
I've got the fluconazole cranking in the tank at the moment and it's definitely working I'm going to start the vibrant shortly to deal with this onslaught! lol Yep, she's absolutely adorable and tiny! I fell in love in an instant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinphillip03 View Post
Dom, did you buy the lion fish? If you did, aren't you afraid it will eat one of your $200 fishes?

Marty
He died at the store So no lionfish! I got some other groovy bits instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
I'm envious of your wrasses. I can't wait to see your tank grow in.
I'm a little bit desperate to get my hands on a c. isosceles though! My Rhomboid is nearly a full male so he's looking gorgeous! lol I got myself another wrasse last week and hopefully some more soon too

Quote:
Gotcha on the pro bio f thing now lol. What is that bi color fish above the angel ?

Display is looking really healthy and vibrant in your last FTS Dom, you're doing the right things now i'm sure
Just for fun lol I do like the probiotic salt though! Heaps better than the reef salt! lol. That bi-colour fish is my golden rhomboid getting his male colours He is a stunner!

I'm pretty happy with it at the moment! Got the fluc to dissolve the bryopsis and the vibrant to annihilate the bubble algae plague lol

Courtesy of Nils: