Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/15/2017, 11:55 AM   #26
cincyjim
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchanello View Post
According to Tunze, 2 x Turbelle 6105 would be about right for that size tank.

https://www.tunze.com/en/catalogue/k...-infoxunter064
I have two 6095s on a 60"x24"x24" and I'm very satisfied with their performance.

Current Tank Info: SCA 150G, 5 inch sand bed, 2 Tunze 6095s, ReefBreeders v2+ 50" with 2 all Blue Reefbrites, and Continuous Water Change System
cincyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2017, 12:58 PM   #27
jda
Dogmatic Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeeinbed View Post
Sounds like I'm going to have to spend BMW money if I want BMW performance.

No bargains.
IMO, it is insulting to Tunze to compare them to BMW. I am mostly kidding, but not completely. I have a pair of 750Li in my garage and they are nowhere near as reliable and dependable as my Tunze are... and the useful life is not even close The BWM do perform at the top of the game when they want to, but the Tunze do all of the time. For the BMW to be anywhere near the Tunze, they would need to be as good as the day that they were built about a decade to 12 years in with only routine maintenance and not need normal parts like Turbos, Injectors, Valve Guides, Control Arms, new Electrical Control Boxes for Navi & Sonar, Dash Buttons... and the list goes on.

I give my Tunze a bath in some diluted muratic acid every 3-5 years and they just work like they are brand new all of the time.

Both are pricy, though.

jda is offline   Reply With Quote