Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/01/2016, 12:00 PM   #3476
h3dgehog
Registered Member

Decided to go 4 bulb option. Any users here want to share their lighting schedule?

Unread 12/13/2016, 02:18 PM   #3477
BeanMachine
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpc99 View Post
Now that I feel my corals have acclimated to the new unit, I've lowered it and added a Kessil 360 on each end. I went with a 48" unit over my 62" tank and was starting to regret my decision to not buy the 60". With th kessils now in place, I'm happy again. I'm temporarily using the Kessil goose necks, but plan on adding swivel mounts to the sides of the ATI unit for a cleaner look.

Oh, and there is simply no comparison the shimmer put out by the kessils and what ATI unit does.
Would you mind posting a pic of your setup with the Kessils? I'm interested in doing the same thing. I have a 72" x 36" tank and got the 8 lamp PM.

Unread 12/15/2016, 04:30 PM   #3478
Callum96
Registered Member

ive been looking into getting myself an ATI powermodule T5 hybrid and remember speaking to someone a few months ago that really knows his stuff on these lights and he said my four foot unit over five foot tank (1500mm x 50mm x 55mm) wasn't ideal but I could probably get away with it. Well, Ive been thinking about trying to get a unit to cover the whole tank which the 8x80w + 4x75w would fit perfectly being 1473mm x 517mm. This unit however just seems to me like it would be massive overkill for a Red Sea reefer 450 I think I'd be better off with the 54w unit but then that's only 4 foot (ish) where the tank is 5 so I'm a little confused at which one to go for.

There is then also the 4 x 80w unit but then that limits me with the t5 tubes and I know that a 8 tube unit would probably be better than 4, better to have too much and can be dimmed than not enough I guess?

I wish they did a 6 x 54w unit with the leds that's five foot as for my tank that would be perfect in my opinion.

Just looking for for a bit of advice really as I don't want to mess this up with the right unit being an absolutely crucial part of the tank which will be purely SPS with a couple of clams and a gigantea anemone all which require strong lighting.

Callum96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/23/2016, 12:44 PM   #3479
Ourlittlereef
Registered Member

My new tank build is the marineland deep dimension 300 gallon, which sounds like the same tank dimensions you have. i'm looking at a t5/led combo, and have been debating between the ATI PM and Giesemann Aurora 60". How is the ATI 8 bulb working for you? My biggest concern with the Giesemann is that the depth front to back might not get enough coverage.

Ourlittlereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/23/2016, 12:45 PM   #3480
Ourlittlereef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanMachine View Post
Would you mind posting a pic of your setup with the Kessils? I'm interested in doing the same thing. I have a 72" x 36" tank and got the 8 lamp PM.
My new tank build is the marineland deep dimension 300 gallon, which sounds like the same tank dimensions you have. i'm looking at a t5/led combo, and have been debating between the ATI PM and Giesemann Aurora 60". How is the ATI 8 bulb working for you? My biggest concern with the Giesemann is that the depth front to back might not get enough coverage.

Ourlittlereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/25/2016, 11:29 PM   #3481
m0nkie
Registered Member

Hey guys. trying to setup the ATI hybrid, but I have no clue how to set the LED #s. Been using Kessil so I haven't touched individual colors.

Can you guys post your numbers so I can start off somewhere . thanks!

Red:
Royal Blue:
Blue:
White:
T5:

Unread 12/26/2016, 12:31 PM   #3482
westreef
Lost as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nkie View Post
Hey guys. trying to setup the ATI hybrid, but I have no clue how to set the LED #s. Been using Kessil so I haven't touched individual colors.

Can you guys post your numbers so I can start off somewhere . thanks!

Red:
Royal Blue:
Blue:
White:
T5:
This is what I have for the moment. I have this settings since July this year.

At peak hours:
Red: 3%
Royal Blue: 60%
Blue: 47%
White: 30%

T5: 2 B+, 2 C+

By the way, this settings just fit my personal taste, I may change it in future.

It is hung 10" from the water surface. The mid level par is 380 and at the bottom is around 250. Hope this help.

75g, ATI 4x58wT5 LED Hybrid Powermodule, AquaMaxx ConeS 1, 2xMP40wES, RKL controller, Tunze Osmolator
westreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2016, 12:41 PM   #3483
m0nkie
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westreef View Post
This is what I have for the moment. I have this settings since July this year.

At peak hours:
Red: 3%
Royal Blue: 60%
Blue: 47%
White: 30%

T5: 2 B+, 2 C+

By the way, this settings just fit my personal taste, I may change it in future.

It is hung 10" from the water surface. The mid level par is 380 and at the bottom is around 250. Hope this help.
Thank you! got couple more questions if you don't mind.

1) you list colors as %.. so 3% red.. did you set red to 8? because the number line shows from 0-255.

2) there are 5 options for LED module setting. There's Red, Royal Blue, Blue, White and T5.. What is T5 for?

3) I have 2 8 bulb powermodules with 3 LED clusters each. I programmed my first one (2 T5 channel, 3 LED channel). Saved into lamp. Used the same program for my 2nd light, but it couldn't save. There's a warning sign saying "detect 4 LED when I only entered 3". But I have only 3 LED clusters on that light too? not sure why it does that. I had to copy my LED setting and create a 4th LED setting. then save to lamp

Unread 12/26/2016, 01:44 PM   #3484
westreef
Lost as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nkie View Post
Thank you! got couple more questions if you don't mind.

1) you list colors as %.. so 3% red.. did you set red to 8? because the number line shows from 0-255.

2) there are 5 options for LED module setting. There's Red, Royal Blue, Blue, White and T5.. What is T5 for?

3) I have 2 8 bulb powermodules with 3 LED clusters each. I programmed my first one (2 T5 channel, 3 LED channel). Saved into lamp. Used the same program for my 2nd light, but it couldn't save. There's a warning sign saying "detect 4 LED when I only entered 3". But I have only 3 LED clusters on that light too? not sure why it does that. I had to copy my LED setting and create a 4th LED setting. then save to lamp
1. This is how I do it:

I set RB 255, B 200, W 128 and R 13. Then at peak hours I only ramp the led up to only 60% so that's why I have:

RB 60% (153)
B 47% (120)
W 30% (77)
R 3% (8)

I have the option to ramp the led higher if I need the PAR at peak. This way I maintain the ratios of all colors. In fact, when one of my ballast for T5 was bad, I had 100% at peak so that I could compensate the lost PAR.

2. The 5th option is for T5, to control its ramp rate and peak values. I did not use the ramp and T5 peak is at 100%.

3. I can't help you there.

Hope this help.

75g, ATI 4x58wT5 LED Hybrid Powermodule, AquaMaxx ConeS 1, 2xMP40wES, RKL controller, Tunze Osmolator
Unread 12/26/2016, 02:13 PM   #3485
m0nkie
Registered Member

thanks! got them down now.

Last question. About the T5. I thought the graph controls the intensity. I have my T5 bulbs peak at 60%, T5 # on the bottom at 0.

so what does the 0-255 do for bulbs if I set it by graph?

Unread 12/26/2016, 05:40 PM   #3486
westreef
Lost as usual

You can ramp the T5 as well as its peak intensity using the graph.

I know the slide for led is to do the color mix. T5 bulb color mix is done by bulb type.

I have never used the slide to adjust T5. I have no idea what is the use of the T5 slide. In fact the T5 slide doesn't work in my program and I never bother.

Unread 12/27/2016, 04:48 AM   #3487
vikz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westreef View Post
I have never used the slide to adjust T5. I have no idea what is the use of the T5 slide. In fact the T5 slide doesn't work in my program and I never bother.
thats for when you want to preview your day, adjusting the t5 slider means what setting it shows for the preview.

So if you just want to see how the led spectrum for the day then leave the slider at 0 etc..

vikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2016, 08:31 AM   #3488
lsingh
Registered Member

Quick question I have around 2 years old 25" ati led pm that I have never tried to update to the latest firmware .. don't know how . Any tips ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2016, 09:28 AM   #3489
westreef
Lost as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz View Post
thats for when you want to preview your day, adjusting the t5 slider means what setting it shows for the preview.

So if you just want to see how the led spectrum for the day then leave the slider at 0 etc..
Thanks that makes sense. However, I never use that feature to do quick review.

Unread 12/27/2016, 11:50 AM   #3490
ReefCowboy
Registered Member

I tend to think the PM is the best fixture out there overall. However everytime I check this forum and read feedback and issues from owners, I somehow end up discouraged to making a move on one.

Is it my perception or there are still problems with the leds/ballasts/ fans on them?
I get a feeling some here would rather do a regular sunpower and add leds (reefbrites,etc) as the powermodule leds are a bit overrated?

Please don't take this as a bashing approach, I'm actually a fan of the product, just read mixed reviews and am unsure about the pros/cons since it is a price.premium unit.
Thanks for any feedback

Unread 12/27/2016, 05:57 PM   #3491
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefCowboy View Post
I tend to think the PM is the best fixture out there overall. However everytime I check this forum and read feedback and issues from owners, I somehow end up discouraged to making a move on one.

Is it my perception or there are still problems with the leds/ballasts/ fans on them?
I get a feeling some here would rather do a regular sunpower and add leds (reefbrites,etc) as the powermodule leds are a bit overrated?

Please don't take this as a bashing approach, I'm actually a fan of the product, just read mixed reviews and am unsure about the pros/cons since it is a price.premium unit.
Thanks for any feedback
I'm not sure they justify the price IMO. I liked mine a lot but didn't pay anywhere near retail. At the premium they ask for, I feel it should be a much more polished experience and fewer issues.

Click on my user name and check out my homepage!

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
rtparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2016, 08:32 PM   #3492
hbrochs
Registered Member

I liked my PM but I believe the dimming wears out the t5 ballasts. My ballasts failed after two years. I bought an ATI 6 bulb Sunpower while my PM was getting fixed and I feel like my tank did a little better growth wise with the straight t5 fixture. So I'm selling the PM, and added two led bars to my Sunpower.

I still think the PM is a great fixture, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine SR-80
hbrochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2016, 09:15 PM   #3493
brad65ford
Registered Member

Wow what a thread!!! Been on the fence about switching over to an ATI PM or just straight up 8-10 80w all T5 fixture on my 525xl reefer. I've feel in love with the look of T5 and i've done led for years to the point I just don't like the look as much as what t5 does for me.

Anybody switch to the PM and wishing they stayed with all T5 bulbs?

Unread 12/27/2016, 10:37 PM   #3494
ReefCowboy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
Wow what a thread!!! Been on the fence about switching over to an ATI PM or just straight up 8-10 80w all T5 fixture on my 525xl reefer. I've feel in love with the look of T5 and i've done led for years to the point I just don't like the look as much as what t5 does for me.

Anybody switch to the PM and wishing they stayed with all T5 bulbs?
Bradford, what is making you want to switch over from the V3?

Unread 12/28/2016, 06:13 AM   #3495
vikz
Registered Member

right fella's time to change my tubes...they are old now

currently have a 4x39w unit with 2 c+ and 2b+ tubes.

was thinking of straight swap or

4x c+ tubes and run the blue and royal blue led's much higher... I am hoping for faster growth doing this.

anybody done this before? Will 4 c+ give more growth than 2b+ 2c+?

Unread 12/28/2016, 07:10 AM   #3496
brad65ford
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefCowboy View Post
Bradford, what is making you want to switch over from the V3?
As any reefer we like to change things to see if there is difference in growth But mostly i like the way the tank / corals look with T5, LED are strange. If you look straight on at a coral versus different angle it looks different, t5 looks the same at all angles. Currently my system is stable and wanted to switch over with a powerful unit though I do have concerns. Thinking the PM would be ideal since I'm already running LED it shouldn't be a bad of a swap. But i'm thinking about going all in on running just T5 since i could care less about skimmer and pop at this point. Mind you i've own just about ever led fixture on the market... seriously lol. So that is really why i'm asking that question if anyone went back to all t5 from the ati Pm.
Thanks in advanced guys for your suggestions.

Unread 12/28/2016, 12:58 PM   #3497
ReefCowboy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
As any reefer we like to change things to see if there is difference in growth But mostly i like the way the tank / corals look with T5, LED are strange. If you look straight on at a coral versus different angle it looks different, t5 looks the same at all angles. Currently my system is stable and wanted to switch over with a powerful unit though I do have concerns. Thinking the PM would be ideal since I'm already running LED it shouldn't be a bad of a swap. But i'm thinking about going all in on running just T5 since i could care less about skimmer and pop at this point. Mind you i've own just about ever led fixture on the market... seriously lol. So that is really why i'm asking that question if anyone went back to all t5 from the ati Pm.
Thanks in advanced guys for your suggestions.
I do like T5's, and was looking at the E5 lamps, it seems they are coming out with a brighter version, the E5X which is an LED T5 bulb. Good thing is you can pop let's say two blue ones in for dusk/dawn and have the led pop on a straihht sunpower T5 fixture.

Maybe some here can add more to this if they have more info.

Unread 12/28/2016, 01:07 PM   #3498
brad65ford
Registered Member

One of our local reefer stores that i surely respect in the next town over has been running the E5's mixed with t5's and loves them. What is funny is seeing them droop the longer they are lol.

Unread 12/28/2016, 01:13 PM   #3499
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikz View Post
right fella's time to change my tubes...they are old now

currently have a 4x39w unit with 2 c+ and 2b+ tubes.

was thinking of straight swap or

4x c+ tubes and run the blue and royal blue led's much higher... I am hoping for faster growth doing this.

anybody done this before? Will 4 c+ give more growth than 2b+ 2c+?
I doubt you would see any noticeable difference. The Blue Plus bulbs put out a lot of PAR and PUR.

Click on my user name and check out my homepage!

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
rtparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2017, 03:32 AM   #3500
vikz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtparty View Post
I doubt you would see any noticeable difference. The Blue Plus bulbs put out a lot of PAR and PUR.
Thank ryan

In which case another combination is the suggested by ATI

2xB+ 1xC+ 1xP+

is the purple plus tube worth considering or does it not 'grow' sps much and is only for colour?