Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/17/2013, 11:27 AM   #1
91mini
Registered Member

Ecosmartlive down

I worked all day yesterday on getting a stand for my Radions set up and finally get them plugged in and the Ecosmart live site is down. Does this happen often? I really want to get started!!

Without the program what are the lights set at? With they go from night to day without programming them or will they just stay on constantly?

Good news is I am finally filling my tank with water after 1 year of planning and building.

91mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Tradewinds
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91mini View Post
I worked all day yesterday on getting a stand for my Radions set up and finally get them plugged in and the Ecosmart live site is down. Does this happen often? I really want to get started!!

Without the program what are the lights set at? With they go from night to day without programming them or will they just stay on constantly?

Good news is I am finally filling my tank with water after 1 year of planning and building.
Looks like it is back up.
http://ecotechmarine.com/esl-status/

Tradewinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2013, 12:24 PM   #3
91mini
Registered Member

That was updated January 15th. Still not up

Unread 03/17/2013, 12:40 PM   #4
ReefGoatfish
Registered Member

this is a joke , i've been trying to program my lights for 2 months , either it's been down for 2 months , or i have the worst luck going on to esl everytime their down, our club just did a thing on leds, great info, especially on diy, any one whata buy some used -can't control radions ??????????? i may go diy and let my apex control them

ReefGoatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2013, 12:52 PM   #5
91mini
Registered Member

Well that's very discouraging. If that is true I would not have paid this kind of cash for lights. Whats the use if I can't use ESL to program?

I would have thought I would see this on the forums though? Anyone else???

Unread 03/17/2013, 01:26 PM   #6
ghostman
Registered Member

There are tons of threads on this very topic. Please search or look back for more information on what to do when ESL goes down. You only have to look back a few months to get some good information.

Current Tank Info: 40IM Fusion, 40lbs of rock, and 20lbs of sand. Just a few fish and corals....for now.
ghostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2013, 02:00 PM   #7
91mini
Registered Member

I have looked on this forum as well as goole searches and they all say the same thing.

1. Connect with device manager
2. Update firmware
3. Restore factory defaults.

The issue I am getting is when I click on the firmware update I am getting a fatal error message. It retry's a few times but always comes up with a fatal error message. I powered down my lights for 30 seconds, plugged the second light in and tried again. Same message.

Unread 03/17/2013, 03:41 PM   #8
kirky88
Registered Member

I purchased mine yesterday as my old lighting system completely failed, when i open ecosmart live it states "we are currently experiencing issues that might prevent you connecting to your radions, you can continue to use the site but we suggest you check back later" is this the same error you are getting? I've tried searching for this error but no luck. is there a way around this can i set my lights up any other way?

kirky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2013, 04:09 PM   #9
91mini
Registered Member

I have searched and wasted my entire Sunday looking for answers. Hopefully this helps you out.

Although it is nowhere that I seen in the Radion literature there is a desktop utility you can use instead of ESL.

Download the desktop utility. This worked for me.

Unread 03/17/2013, 05:34 PM   #10
mfinn
Registered Member

I had no problems yesterday or today.

Unread 03/17/2013, 06:46 PM   #11
Tradewinds
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91mini View Post
That was updated January 15th. Still not up
So that webpage is useless. I thought it was the realtime status of ESL and perhaps the last time it went down was 1/15/13.

Tradewinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/18/2013, 11:37 AM   #12
SteviesReef
Moved On

I have noticed that when I try to go to EcosmartLive with IE, it tells me that the browser is not compatible; if I try with Firefox, it tells me that the website is down and to try back later; and if I use Chrome, it works.

SteviesReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/18/2013, 11:40 AM   #13
mfinn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteviesReef View Post
I have noticed that when I try to go to EcosmartLive with IE, it tells me that the browser is not compatible; if I try with Firefox, it tells me that the website is down and to try back later; and if I use Chrome, it works.

When I use my desktop Windows pc, IE doesn't work, but when I use Chrome, it does.
When I use my Macbook it works with Safari and Firefox.