Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/15/2018, 06:19 PM   #1
nclgedxxv@yahoo
Registered Member

Yellow Tang Sick -need ID and Treatment

Happy Reefing to everyone, need some help with my yellow tang.
Here are some information:
->In quarantine 10G tank for almost 3 weeks, have shown initially eye cloudyness.
->10G in hypo salinity @ 1.009, the yellow tang currently swims in an upward 45 deg angle with some visual lining observations on both belly side.
->Initially was treated with 10 drops of cupramine in a separate tank with a powder tang.
->The yellow tang was separated to the 10g as I observed its swimming in 45 deg angle and not eating.Note the powder blue tang is improving from marine velvet and coming out from shadow and started eating.
->Please see attached pictures.

Does my yellow tang have HLLE?How can I treat the yellow tang please?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4681.jpg (49.8 KB, 47 views)
nclgedxxv@yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 08:01 PM   #2
OhsCC
Registered Member

Not HLLE. That forms higher around the upper body and head.

Never seen those lines before. Looks internal?

OhsCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 08:24 PM   #3
nclgedxxv@yahoo
Registered Member

Thanks OhsCC,I have no idea as well, he is still swimming in a 45 Deg angle,currently I have API Melaflix & Pelafix ,cupramine and probiotics marine medicines,but don't know it its fungus,bacteria or parasites.

Unread 03/16/2018, 06:24 AM   #4
OhsCC
Registered Member

Swimming at a 45 degree angle is never good. It may be a swim bladder issue or internal parasite.

Are you feeding Seaweed Select Green (has garlic in it)? You can also buy Garlic Xtreme, but I prefer Seaweed Select.

OhsCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/16/2018, 10:11 AM   #5
nclgedxxv@yahoo
Registered Member

He was feeding the omega one super veggie red sea weed and the ocean nutrition prime reef red flakes, and this was before the sickness.Will consider your recommendation.
If its internal parasite, will the cupramine helps?

Unread 03/16/2018, 10:52 AM   #6
nclgedxxv@yahoo
Registered Member

I feel I need to support my yellow tang to the last battle before he goes to fish heaven while I still have the time, can someone recommend what to do?he is on a hypo salinity now at 1.009?Not sure with his sickness and stress putting him back to the ideal 1.026 is
an option or may just stress him more....another 40$ may be gone :-( really need more population in my 90G DT to balance the system...

Unread 03/16/2018, 11:20 AM   #7
lagatbezan
Registered Member

if the fish was fine before and it started while in hypo, I would suggest to SLOWLY increase the salinity over a course of a week and see if it helps.
Cupramine will not do anything for internal parasites and is mainly used to treat for ich and velvet. you would need to keep the level constant at .4-.5Pppm for min 30 days in order for it to be effective.
Prazipro treats for flukes and some internal parasites. Another med that treats internal parasites is Metroplex but honestly i'm not sure that is what you are dealing with here.
I would start bringing up the salinity slowly and make sure the water conditions are pristine and hope it starts to eat.

Current Tank Info: 300g
lagatbezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/16/2018, 09:55 PM   #8
Borntrippn
Registered Member

Slowly raise salinity and see if he reacts well

Borntrippn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/17/2018, 11:46 PM   #9
nclgedxxv@yahoo
Registered Member

Ty guys unfortunately yellow tang in fish heaven... will be ordering prazipro to battle fluxes and internal parasites... :-(