Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/02/2015, 11:18 PM   #1
Madehtsobi
Registered Member

GHL Control Center for MAC

Hi

Just wondering if there is work in progress or any plans for GCC available for MAC?

Thanks!

Madehtsobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2015, 04:34 PM   #2
shaggss
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madehtsobi View Post
Hi

Just wondering if there is work in progress or any plans for GCC available for MAC?

Thanks!
I would be very surprised if there was. This has been requested a lot.

With GHLs work on their cloud service there is really no need now anyway. The Profilux, doser and Mitras all work on the cloud.

New build, planning stages. 30 x 20 x 20", Geisemann Spectra 250W with Radium, Profilux controller, Profilux doser 2, Fluval SP4 return pump, Life Reef 28
shaggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2015, 07:51 PM   #3
Jerel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggss View Post
I would be very surprised if there was. This has been requested a lot.

With GHLs work on their cloud service there is really no need now anyway. The Profilux, doser and Mitras all work on the cloud.

You'd still have to preform firmware updates and have Control Center to communicate(initial setup), no?

Though, as a fellow Mac OSX user. I was comfortable with installing Windows 10, 8.1 via Bootcamp and it runs quite well, which may not be an option for some. You may have to buckle down and acquire a $200+ Windows machine for now.

Unread 10/03/2015, 08:03 PM   #4
Madehtsobi
Registered Member

True with the cloud service didn't think of that since its not fully working yet...

Madehtsobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/2015, 11:11 PM   #5
Scythanith
Premium Member

Boot Camp or Parallels... there will be no Mac specific software, especially since the cloud is a thing now.

Unread 10/08/2015, 10:33 AM   #6
Vinny@GHLUSA
Registered Member

GHL is now moving their products and future products to the myGHL cloud. Accessibility and programming functions for the products will be able to be performed over the cloud in the future. As mentioned, myGHL for the Doser 2 is ready and the Profilux 3 support is released as a beta.

PC emulator software is the best way to run GCC over a MAC.

Vinny@GHLUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2015, 12:52 PM   #7
Antipodes
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny@GHLUSA View Post
GHL is now moving their products and future products to the myGHL cloud. Accessibility and programming functions for the products will be able to be performed over the cloud in the future. As mentioned, myGHL for the Doser 2 is ready and the Profilux 3 support is released as a beta.

PC emulator software is the best way to run GCC over a MAC.
Sorry, but are you saying that no new capability will be available through the PC software and firmware updates, and only available if hooked up to the server??
I am not interested in hooking into someone elses server.

If this is the case, then I need to start planning an exit strategy for the GHL products I currently own!

Antipodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2015, 04:33 PM   #8
doggydoc
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
Sorry, but are you saying that no new capability will be available through the PC software and firmware updates, and only available if hooked up to the server??

I am not interested in hooking into someone elses server.

If this is the case, then I need to start planning an exit strategy for the GHL products I currently own!

True. I was under the impression that GHL via PC was ALWAYS going to be available.
I for one don't like keeping things on the cloud!

Current Tank Info: 75 Gallon Rimless Cube
doggydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/09/2015, 10:16 AM   #9
Vinny@GHLUSA
Registered Member

Yes, GCC will continue to be available for the PC. GHL is expanding their connectivity options with myGHL.

Vinny@GHLUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/12/2015, 07:25 AM   #10
SPotter
Registered Member

you'll still need to use a pc to do firmware updates.

Am I really doing all of this for a fish tank??????

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
SPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/13/2015, 01:11 PM   #11
Anim8me2
Registered Member

Even a standalone patch utility like Apex has would be preferable.

Anim8me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2017, 02:01 AM   #12
Nemeziz_za
Registered Member

I am surprised that this issue still remains unaddressed a good couple of years later. /unhappy

Nemeziz_za is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/01/2017, 05:47 PM   #13
oseymour
Euphyllia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeziz_za View Post
I am surprised that this issue still remains unaddressed a good couple of years later. /unhappy
I just got a DLH Doser 2.1. This is my first GHL hardware.

I must say while I love the doser. I'm disappointed in the software. I'm going to compare it to the Apex because that's the industry leader.

The desktop software, especially the design is bad - even by 2017 PC desktop software standards.
No mac setup. I had to install Windows via parallells to setup the doser
I couldn't get WIFI to work - ended up running cables

An Apex, even the older than 2016 versions, I can get it up and running without needing to install Windows.

Other than the above I love the DOSER. Easy to use, accurate, takes up way less space than the Neptune DOS. I replaced two Neptune DOS with the GHL doser and I can fit more stuff into my cabinet.

It doesn't feel like it's made out of cheap plastic. The lights are a nice touch. I can quickly look and see if it's dosing.

It automatically separated the dosing times among the four solutions I'm dosing. Which was a nice touch - I was expecting to have to create different dosing times. As I upped the dosing, the software adjusted.

I like the Doser, might even go with your KH Defender but I can't go full GHL without the software taking leaps and bounds.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 350

Last edited by oseymour; 11/04/2017 at 06:14 AM. Reason: grammar
oseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2017, 11:45 AM   #14
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oseymour View Post
I just got a DLH Doser 2.1. This is my first GHL hardware.

I must say while I love the doser. I'm disappointed in the software. I'm going to compare it to the Apex because that's the industry leader.

The desktop software, especially the design is bad - even 2017 PC desktop software standards.
No mac setup. I had to install Windows via parallells to setup the doser
I couldn't get WIFI to work - ended up running cables

An Apex, even the older than 2016 versions, I can get it up and running without needing to install Windows.

Other than the above I love the DOSER. Easy to use, accurate, takes up way less space than the Neptune DOS. I replaced two Neptune DOS with the GHL doser and I can fit more stuff into my cabinet.

It doesn't feel like it's made out of cheap plastic. The lights are a nice touch. I can quickly look and see if it's dosing.

It automatically separated the dosing times among the four solutions I'm dosing. Which was a nice touch - I was expecting to have to create different dosing times. As I upped the dosing, the software adjusted.

I like the Doser, might even go with your KH Defender but I can't go full GHL without the software taking leaps and bounds.
I know GHL is aware of the concerns about the lack of Mac support and there is work being done to eliminate the need for windows across all GHL products including the dosers. From what i understand, it will bring all the functionality of GCC in a web interface that will allow complete heterogeneous support on any platform with a web browser. I don't know the time frame but I know that is something that is being worked on and I don't think it's that far out either. My guess is we will hear more on it shortly after the release of the new app.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/2017, 06:20 AM   #15
oseymour
Euphyllia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
I know GHL is aware of the concerns about the lack of Mac support and there is work being done to eliminate the need for windows across all GHL products including the dosers. From what i understand, it will bring all the functionality of GCC in a web interface that will allow complete heterogeneous support on any platform with a web browser. I don't know the time frame but I know that is something that is being worked on and I don't think it's that far out either. My guess is we will hear more on it shortly after the release of the new app.
That's good to hear Scott,

I only went with the Doser 2.1 because of size and ended up being pleasantly surprised by a lot of things.

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 350
oseymour is offline   Reply With Quote