Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/18/2018, 11:10 PM   #1
Phixman
Registered Member

Hydra 26 par readings

I rented out a par meter to test my par readings for the first time ever, the reason for it was because I bought a bunch of sps that are on a frag rack higher than normal. To my shocking the par readings were super low, yet no casualties. I decided to modify the intensities a bit to get around 350 or so, my only concern is I know my corals will be shocked to all the new light, how can I go about acclimating to these levels without shocking my tank. Also, how in the world are all my sps doing great and growing with such low levels? Also, my lights don't run until 4am, changed it to test the lights at the peak.

Before:

After:

Phixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2018, 08:20 AM   #2
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Use the acclimation feature and turn them down the same percentage that you raised them, do it over 60-90days. At least that’s what I would do.