Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Florida Marine Aquarium Society (FMAS) - Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/03/2009, 08:23 PM   #1
bllfish
Registered Member

Wavemaker Pro Repair

My Red Sea Wavemaker Pro quit working after six years. I had 2 mj 1200's and 2 koralia #1 on it. I had just checked out the selling forum and about to make a deal when I decided to take the wavemaster apart. There was a blown fuse inside. I called Red Sea and they told me to try Radio Shack for a 8A.20mm fuse and if they did not have them to call back. I went to Radio Shack and they did not have that fuse. They told me to try the internet and look for an 8 amp, 250 volt, 5X20mm fuse. I decided to buy a pack of the highest amp fuse they had hoping it would work for a while, till I got the right fuse. I bought RS part #270-1068 which is a 6.3 amp, 250 volt fuse. It has been working for three days now.
Glad my curiosity forced me to open the wavemaker up.

Current Tank Info: 72 bow, 36" stand, 4 54W T5, vantec stealth fans, eheim 1260, mj 1200 & 2 Koralia #1 to WaveMaster Pro, CPR 24" Aquafuge HOB & 7100K PC, JBJ Arctica chiller, LiterMeter III
bllfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/04/2009, 05:04 AM   #2
WhoDey64
Registered Member

I would have burned my house down if I replaced something electronic.