Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/30/2008, 10:08 AM   #1
HDAlien
Registered Member

Tunze placement for wave action with Aquasurf?

I'm debating replacing my Tunze's with Ecotechs, but then I noticed Aquasurf. I already have an ACIIIpro so I'm good to go there. My question is where is it advised to place the Tunzes in your tank if you are wanting to use Aquasurf to get some wave action going?

Current Tank Info: 220 gal. reef
HDAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/30/2008, 10:52 AM   #2
kenargo
Premium Member

I find that placing the pumps on opposing walls of the tank, either pointing at each other or slightly angled towards the glass make for great waves. It really comes down to the timing in the program and even 1 pump pointing across the tank can make waves.

Click on my name to visit my homepage and access a collection of AquaController and Apex software, tips, trick and other Q&A including a link to the 'unofficial Apex new users guide' with loads of helpful information and don't forget to put a pin in my location map.

Current Tank Info: 225G, BK 300 Deluxe, Deltec PF601, Precision Marine Kalkreactor, 2-LMIII+6 pumps, SpectraPure UHE, Apex, LunarSim, Tunze 6305s. Mixed reef, clam, fish, etc.
kenargo is offline   Reply With Quote