Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/23/2018, 01:16 PM   #1
Vigil2235
Registered Member

RBTA split newbie

Yesterday when I got home from work noticed my RBTA had and baby RBTA first time is happened for me. Anything I need to do? Should I live it to get light or leave it alone? One more question do I feed it?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5022.jpg (48.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5025.jpg (41.8 KB, 53 views)
Vigil2235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2018, 01:19 PM   #2
humphreyhh
Registered Member

RBTA split newbie

Just leave it alone. Mine split last year too. Congrats on the baby nem! Feeding is the same as your other anemones. Wait for about a week (after split) before feeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humphreyhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2018, 01:46 PM   #3
Vigil2235
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphreyhh View Post
Just leave it alone. Mine split last year too. Congrats on the baby nem! Feeding is the same as your other anemones. Wait for about a week (after split) before feeding.

Thanks for the info. Does it matter that it's on the sand?

Vigil2235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2018, 03:46 PM   #4
humphreyhh
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigil2235 View Post
Thanks for the info. Does it matter that it's on the sand?

Btas like to stay on the rock. Usually if I see one laying on the fine sand bed (mine never did) , I would make sure it is close to a rock near by so it can get a chance to attach itself to the rock. They are not able to attach to the fine sand bed.

humphreyhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2018, 10:44 PM   #5
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigil2235 View Post
Yesterday when I got home from work noticed my RBTA had and baby RBTA first time is happened for me. Anything I need to do? Should I live it to get light or leave it alone? One more question do I feed it?
Congrats on the baby nem....my Rose BT split 3 times...had it going on 4 years...2 are 12 inches across...and 1 is 8 inches...and the 4th is also 8 inches. The two biggest hang next to each other on one side of the tank...and the other two on the other side. They are beautiful so I am keeping them....but it limits the amount if coral I can put in my tank...they don't move but when the expand they take up a lot of room. Yea make sure he is attached to a rock...wait a week or so...then feed him like normal.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL
Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2018, 10:47 PM   #6
Cancun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancun View Post
Congrats on the baby nem....my Rose BT split 3 times...had it going on 4 years...2 are 12 inches across...and 1 is 8 inches...and the 4th is also 8 inches. The two biggest hang next to each other on one side of the tank...and the other two on the other side. They are beautiful so I am keeping them....but it limits the amount if coral I can put in my tank...they don't move but when the expand they take up a lot of room. Yea make sure he is attached to a rock...wait a week or so...then feed him like normal.

Oh yeah and here is a pic of mine...first pic is larger two... second pic is smaller two...

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL
Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/28/2018, 01:35 AM   #7
ChizerBunoi
Registered Member

Congrats. It won't be long before your 3 turn into 14.

ChizerBunoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/01/2018, 11:55 PM   #8
Anemone
Cloning Around

Congrats! Just let nature take its course. After several hundred splits, I can honestly say, it gets really old, especially when you want to keep a mixed reef tank.

If you want to keep a mixed reef tank, then take any opportunity when a clone is on a tank wall to gently pry it off (use your fingernail to get under the edge of the 'nem), and put the 'nem in a separate container or tank (and sell it to another reefer or trade it in at your local LFS). If you don't do this, you WILL end up with a BTA specie tank.

Kevin

Current Tank Info: Red Sea 425XL w/Kessil AP700, Vertex 180i Skimmer, 2 x Vortech MP40s
Anemone is offline   Reply With Quote