Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/08/2016, 08:58 AM   #251
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I have contacted them twice and am still waiting for a response.

Unread 02/09/2016, 02:57 PM   #252
bimborocks
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
I've tried up then all the way down then up,

I've tried down then up

I've tried down then up then middle

Nothing works. I eventually get a operation timed out error.

This is with a laptop sitting less than 3 ft from the doser with a 100mw bt adapter so its NOT the adapter.

Display only ever shows "Bootloader ready" in fact I've had it on so long with that screen its burned into the screen. When I turn off the display I still see it faintly!
I got mine sorted after talking to the local distributer. He suggested doing each of these and trying but I just did them all at the same time.
I deleted the doser out of the Bluetooth memory/paired list, turned the doser off at the powerpoint. I also deleted and re installed the pacsun program (I'm using windows).
Reinstall and power everything back up then select the com port on the doser and then without connecting go to the service tab and select the update firmware.
Worked first go and is now back up and running and dosing as per normal.

HTH
James

bimborocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2016, 06:08 PM   #253
vhuang168
Registered Member

James,

You would have to have paired with the doser before a com port would show up on the program right? Cuz I got no com port because my computer couldn't find the doser on bluetooth.

I'll give it shot some time, now that I can have the doser sitting right next to the computer comfortably rather than balancing on top of the tank. Disaster waiting to happen.

40g custom AIO --> DSA190Pro
vhuang168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2016, 04:29 AM   #254
bimborocks
Registered Member

yeah that's right, once i turned the doser back on I got my bluetooth to search and then enter the 1234 code and it still found and paired to the doser even though it was bricked. When I paired it you can see the designated com port on the computer, then select the same on the front page of the pac sun program.
Hopefully you can get yours sorted

bimborocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/11/2016, 11:58 AM   #255
BfishLpond78
FUPA

So I'm not sure how this happened but....My doser randomly changed how much Alk it was dosing and started under dosing my tank by almost 80% of what I had entered into the application. I also dose acropower and come to find out that the entire tube was drained of its contents and was not dosing properly.

I really find the application/interface is confusing, buggy and should be overhauled. I guess I don't understand how a unit that charges such a premium could have this many issues. Seriously thinking of going back to my BRS dosers....

Current Tank Info: 150G Starfire, BK DC 200, Vertex V6, PS Kore 5th, Ecotech Waves, Controlled by Apex, Topped off by Tunze
BfishLpond78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/11/2016, 05:31 PM   #256
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfishLpond78 View Post
So I'm not sure how this happened but....My doser randomly changed how much Alk it was dosing and started under dosing my tank by almost 80% of what I had entered into the application. I also dose acropower and come to find out that the entire tube was drained of its contents and was not dosing properly.

I really find the application/interface is confusing, buggy and should be overhauled. I guess I don't understand how a unit that charges such a premium could have this many issues. Seriously thinking of going back to my BRS dosers....
Doser cant change dosing amount by himself, it simply not possible.
Internal program is written with several auto protection procedures and if you set for example 12 doses daily - each of dose will be the same(its not possible from hardware /software point that it will dose different values).

It's hard to say why your tubing was drained. Maybe it was simp;ly emptied by gravity after last dose, its really hard to say(because it depend from your tubings instalation - lenghts, overal heights differences etc,
You can mount check velves on end of tubing(close to sump outlet) - it will protect against emptying tubing by gravity.

But without any doubt I can say that if doser is properly calibrated(and you can check it by using Test dose buttons) - it have to work as its programmed.
Im one of firmware creators and there is no any other person who knows more about that than me.
If you want to get proffesional troubleshooting please contact with our service@pacific-sun.eu sending your doser .mbf file(memory backup file) - it will allow our support team analyze your doser settings and check what(if) is wrong.
Direct contact with service is best idea to get direct help a specially that we are not supporting Customers thru Reefcentral.

Regards

Przemek

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/11/2016, 06:24 PM   #257
Fcsteve777
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Doser cant change dosing amount by himself, it simply not possible.
Cant and shouldn't are 2 different things. I work with large diesel engines and one of our products has an engine controller that does some wierd **** (Changing values on its own, "forgetting" things) that it shouldn't be able to do. Unfortunately its not our product and the OEM for the controller cant figure it out. So it goes to show that sometimes stuff happens that there should be no way it should.

That being said i have a kore 5th doser (not setup on the tank yet but i have been in and out of the GUI a few times) I bought it because it is a very full featured unit, the hardware looks great and im sure that i will like it. I do think that the GUI and firmware in the unit still feels a bit "unpolished" but that just means there is room for improvement.

I hope that you read this as constructive criticism and not a dig against you guys. I bought one knowing that the product is just going to get better.

That being said. Here is a mod i made to my setup.

I cant use the hanging brackets and really didnt want multiple things in the chamber. I have a BC29 for now and space is limited.

Fcsteve777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/11/2016, 06:41 PM   #258
BfishLpond78
FUPA

Trust me I love the on paper capabilities of this unit. When it's working like it should it's rock solid. I've been monitoring my parameters lately and one day my Alk started dropping. I then decided to watch the amount it dosed and it was way under what I programmed. I had to go in and re-do...maybe a ghost in the system but it's all good and has been going strong for 24 hours now.

I still standby my opinion that the interface with computer application has lots of room for improvement.

Example, when I change a dose setting. I hit save and I have zero acknowledgement that the unit accepted my dose settings. You have to hit save to see if it takes and a lot of the times I see it change the dose to something random, again I realize it's "not" supposed to but. But I've hit save before for 70ml and it changed it to .7 ml's. Again, it's weird I know...

Also the interface for the liquid status...although a handy feature I think it's a bit overkill and very confusing.

The one thing I can say I've never had a problem with is connecting to the doser via Bluetooth. Lol

Current Tank Info: 150G Starfire, BK DC 200, Vertex V6, PS Kore 5th, Ecotech Waves, Controlled by Apex, Topped off by Tunze
Unread 02/11/2016, 06:46 PM   #259
Fcsteve777
Registered Member

Haha yeah my bluetooth is solid. Got an adapter like they suggest and BAM

Unread 02/11/2016, 06:51 PM   #260
BfishLpond78
FUPA

I didn't need an adapter. I use my GF apple laptop (not sure which one).

Where can I get these check valves from???

Unread 02/11/2016, 07:46 PM   #261
vhuang168
Registered Member

Quote:
Trust me I love the on paper capabilities of this unit. When it's working like it should it's rock solid. I've been monitoring my parameters lately and one day my Alk started dropping. I then decided to watch the amount it dosed and it was way under what I programmed. I had to go in and re-do...maybe a ghost in the system but it's all good and has been going strong for 24 hours now.

I still standby my opinion that the interface with computer application has lots of room for improvement.

Example, when I change a dose setting. I hit save and I have zero acknowledgement that the unit accepted my dose settings. You have to hit save to see if it takes and a lot of the times I see it change the dose to something random, again I realize it's "not" supposed to but. But I've hit save before for 70ml and it changed it to .7 ml's. Again, it's weird I know...

Also the interface for the liquid status...although a handy feature I think it's a bit overkill and very confusing.

The one thing I can say I've never had a problem with is connecting to the doser via Bluetooth. Lol

You have to click the check box on the doser you want to save settings to. When it is saved, the box at the bottom will say settings saved. But I always change the values on the doser I just changed, then press read to see if the acutal values got saved.

To all those with no issues with the bluetooth. Do you have ver 1 or 2? Ver 1 has a 3 position flip switch in the back. Ver 2 does not.

If your doser looks like the picture below, it is ver 1. If not, it is ver 2.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kore_5th_manual.jpg (28.4 KB, 28 views)

Unread 02/11/2016, 07:56 PM   #262
BfishLpond78
FUPA

Quote:
You have to click the check box on the doser you want to save settings to. When it is saved, the box at the bottom will say settings saved. But I always change the values on the doser I just changed, then press read to see if the acutal values got saved.

To all those with no issues with the bluetooth. Do you have ver 1 or 2? Ver 1 has a 3 position flip switch in the back. Ver 2 does not.

If your doser looks like the picture below, it is ver 1. If not, it is ver 2.
I don't have any check boxes on my application. My current version is 1.4 Beta 2...is that correct?

Unread 02/11/2016, 08:03 PM   #263
vhuang168
Registered Member

Ah, you are on a Mac. Current software is 1.5d. Firmware is 1.5d.

Funny thing I just realized is the Windows version firmware is 1.5b. Shouldn't firmware be independent of windows/mac?

I don't remember how the Mac version ran. I only used it for a bit while it was still in Beta and switched to a Windows machine instead.

Unread 02/11/2016, 08:09 PM   #264
BfishLpond78
FUPA

Quote:
Ah, you are on a Mac. Current software is 1.5d. Firmware is 1.5d.

Funny thing I just realized is the Windows version firmware is 1.5b. Shouldn't firmware be independent of windows/mac?

I don't remember how the Mac version ran. I only used it for a bit while it was still in Beta and switched to a Windows machine instead.
Ok so i have the new application, wasn't aware there was an update.

I'm not really sure on how to update the firmware, would be nice if there was a simple set of instructions on how to do the update.

Unread 02/11/2016, 08:12 PM   #265
Fcsteve777
Registered Member

Can't be any worse than the sketch of apex fw updates hahaha

Unread 02/11/2016, 08:14 PM   #266
BfishLpond78
FUPA

I go to the service tab where the firmware update is supposed to be on the 1.5 and there is nothing...I'm confused

EDIT - Updated the application and now all of my dosing settings are set back to 10..... W T F!!!

Last edited by BfishLpond78; 02/11/2016 at 08:19 PM.
Unread 02/11/2016, 08:57 PM   #267
vhuang168
Registered Member

Pacific Sun Kore 5th dosing Fan Club

When you press read, are your settings there?

All the dosing parameters are stored in the doser. Not on your computer.

Unread 02/11/2016, 09:01 PM   #268
BfishLpond78
FUPA

Lol I did press read and my Alk shifted back to like the default setting.

Also on the service Tab there is no update firmware button. So how do I update the firmware on a Mac from 1.4 to 1.5?

Unread 02/11/2016, 09:08 PM   #269
vhuang168
Registered Member

Pacific Sun Kore 5th dosing Fan Club

I believe there is a special firmware update software you need to use.

Scroll up to where it was linked for me.

Post # 217

BTW do you have ver 1 or ver 2?

Unread 02/12/2016, 05:29 PM   #270
BfishLpond78
FUPA

I believe I have version 2

Unread 02/12/2016, 05:32 PM   #271
Griff500
Registered Member

Quote:

Sometimes it can lose data when reading (presumably because of the crappy underpowered bluetooth radio in everyone's laptops) and you can save the wrong dose. You really have to make sure that when you read the data you check that it has what you expect and then after saving read again to make sure it has saved correctly.

Griff500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/12/2016, 05:35 PM   #272
BfishLpond78
FUPA

So I'm currently updating the firmware for the doser...will I have to reprogram everything?

Unread 02/13/2016, 01:57 PM   #273
vhuang168
Registered Member

You shouldn't have to.

Unread 02/13/2016, 06:39 PM   #274
Griff500
Registered Member

Turned the doser on after not using it for a month. Connected. Cannot manually control or calibrate... Fantastic! Tried both Mac and Windows software.

This really is far more work than it should be.

Griff500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/14/2016, 07:18 AM   #275
BfishLpond78
FUPA

With all the new software and firmware being released...has there been up an updated user manual released with the different versions?

Tags
junk trash