Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/15/2018, 10:35 AM   #26
xsentrixsupra
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alton View Post
Dilute it in your top off water. An then follow up with the prescribed water change vacuuming it off the rocks
My plan was to add it Friday and then when I get back to the office Monday do my regular weekly water change. Is that too long to wait?

xsentrixsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2018, 10:50 AM   #27
alton
Registered Member

I would wait till Monday to add, that way when you notice the cyano starting to let go you can vacuum it off.

alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2018, 11:31 AM   #28
xsentrixsupra
Registered Member

Quote:
I would wait till Monday to add, that way when you notice the cyano starting to let go you can vacuum it off.
Oh wow its that quick? Maybe I'll just do it Friday and hang around a bit and let it do its thing

Unread 11/15/2018, 11:48 AM   #29
Fourstars
Registered Member.

I have better success with treatment and then a 36 hr darkout. Would always return till I used both methods together.

Fourstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2018, 01:30 PM   #30
xsentrixsupra
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourstars View Post
I have better success with treatment and then a 36 hr darkout. Would always return till I used both methods together.
Unfortunately no matter what it will never be completely dark. This tank is in my office which is in a big glass office building so sunlight gets in at all times of the day.

Unread 11/15/2018, 03:15 PM   #31
alton
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsentrixsupra View Post
Oh wow its that quick? Maybe I'll just do it Friday and hang around a bit and let it do its thing
It normally takes a day to start working, but adding and not being able to observe your tank for two days seems like a gamble

alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2018, 10:18 PM   #32
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsentrixsupra View Post
What ever you do, make sure to add an airstone to the display as the dissolved o2 levels will drop and you risk loosing livestock as a result.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2018, 10:33 AM   #33
xsentrixsupra
Registered Member

Quote:
It normally takes a day to start working, but adding and not being able to observe your tank for two days seems like a gamble
Thanks. I think I'm going to wait until Monday morning so that I can observe the whole day.

Unread 11/16/2018, 10:33 AM   #34
xsentrixsupra
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
What ever you do, make sure to add an airstone to the display as the dissolved o2 levels will drop and you risk loosing livestock as a result.
Thanks! I am going to throw the small airstone from my 10g freshwater hospital tank at home into it.

Tags
chemiclean, cyano, cyanobacteria, diatoms or cyano, reddish brown algae