Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/01/2017, 11:56 PM   #901
MichaelW
Registered Member

Its called a "Low boy" but i forgot the brand 48x24x10... But i think its more like only 8 inches of water though 10 is like to the brim. I drilled it myself just for the overflow, just a 90 degree pvc elbow scro
Ewed into the bulkhead. Drains into its own sump that houses about another 30 gallons a skimmer and some matrix rocks. Then that sump drain through the garage wall, under the stairs and into the main tank sump. Its fed by a fluval sp6 in the dt sump. There is also a return pump plumbed in the frag tank sump and all plumbing is made so i can run it either combined with main system or isolate the frag tank and its own sump to run it seperate. It also has an eb8 out there in The garage, connected to my main system apex so i can control it etc.

MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2017, 12:09 AM   #902
MichaelW
Registered Member

So i did actually get around to some testing today...

Suprised when i tested my natrate and it came up completely clear (looking through the side) on salifert kit. Last time i tested was up higher than ever before. Maybe like 25! I guess the bacteria i have been dosing (probio s and dr tims waste away) to try and out compete the dino / cyano stuff really did a number on that!
Likewise po4 was 0.04 compared to over 0.1 last time i tested. These bacteria products sure do something!
Alk was lower than i normally run but that was to be expected as i dont even have my dosing pumps turned on at the moment. Just added a bit of alk buffer by hand to give it a nudge.

Unfortunatly after cleaning out my frag tank yesterday some brown strands are already present again.

Unread 05/03/2017, 10:20 AM   #903
Usernam Invalid
Moved On

Thanks mike
Yea think zoomed makes those tanks I was actually looking at buying a few of them.

Usernam Invalid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/03/2017, 01:50 PM   #904
MichaelW
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernam Invalid View Post
Thanks mike
Yea think zoomed makes those tanks I was actually looking at buying a few of them.
Yeah price point of them is awesome, a set of 2 or 3 set up peninsula style agai t the same wall. Would be awesome... Oh if only i had the space

Unread 03/19/2018, 06:34 AM   #905
IceFire5
Registered Member

Hi Mike, may I know your radion intensity setting is how many percents?
I’m new to radion, wish to understand more .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IceFire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2018, 07:16 AM   #906
reefmutt
Registered Member

Hey Mike, are you still out there?
How’s the tank? Did family life take over?

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote