Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/05/2015, 04:51 PM   #101
Kenmx10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyj7090 View Post
Fair enough, but it's tough to go through the proper channels when those proper channels don't exist. (said by someone who had been trying to figure out said channels for a while before this thread was ever started)
I feel for Ya. Its just a bad situation anyway you look at it. I just don think The Fish Place should have put you in the position to try and negotiate problems with their distributors.

Sounds like they are starting to re-think the situation. I hope they will get you taken care of after giving them a week to look into it.

Kenmx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2015, 04:54 PM   #102
Lonelyreef
Registered Member

They make it so you have to literally jump through hoops and tirelessly expand effort to rectify a problem that began with them in there manufacturing process. It doesn't matter who sold it. The fact is they made it. If they cared about there reputation or if they even cared a little bit about people in this hobby they'd have done anything they could to make it right instead nothing but bs every step of the way I'd be posting on every public forum possible to let people know. No company is bigger than reefers as a whole group together we have the power to dictate what companies stay in buisness and I think if a company provides customer service like this they don't deserve it and my guess is it has happend more than once. You don't just start being a jerk one Time it's an attitude you carry with you and I'm sure there's others

Lonelyreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2015, 05:06 PM   #103
jerseypete
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmx10 View Post
I was just responding to the reply that stated.

"Its not about the money, Its about the way that DSA will treat you if you buy one of their tanks."

"Maybe if they see this thread they will jump through hoops. "

"Maybe they will read this thread and find out it cost them a few sales."

"Even Saltwater aquariums said they are not good with customers"

As I stated , I don't think he's in the wrong. He purchased the tank with a stand and should get, as stated in the 7 year warranty, a repair or a replacement with no extra charges, including no freight charges.

But when dealing with wholesale companies you have to abide by their policies for that to happen. If you buy a tank from Petsmart and it fails, if you call the manufacturer they will tell you to return it to Petsmart. Because that is the terms they set forth with Pet Smart. Which is why Saltwater Aquariums really stated " They lack in areas where their hands are tied."

The warranty agreement that DSA had with The Fish Store is to return the tank to the Fish Place for either a repair or a replacement. In this case since it appears to be a small leak in the silicone, They could repair the tank in house, without having to send it out ,two ways freight to Dallas. Or have to replace the entire tank if unnecessary . And even though The Fish Place is not taking orders from DSA now, for reasons that we do not know. Maybe they aren't selling enough tanks to meet DSA's requirements, or maybe there are other reasons. Either way, If The Fish place is still operating as a business, they are still liable to meet the terms of sales at the time of purchase. Obviously they are not doing that. So as Salt water aquariums stated, DSA's hands are tied. Unless they return the tank to The Fish Place, or another distributor.

To me it sounds like he didn't want to go that route because as he stated it is 200 mile away. And he wants DSA to just sent him a new tank at no cost with freight paid. Without allowing the fish place to inspect the tank and make the repairs.

If this tank was brand new DSA might have handled things differently. I don't know. But because this tank has been up and running for a year, with no problems, Im sure they want one of their local distributors to inspect the tank and stand to make sure, as stated in the warranty, it hasn't been altered or damaged in anyway that would violate the warranty.

My point was , not that he shouldn't get his tank repaired or replaced free of charge, but that he would probably have to go through the proper channels in order to do so. As idiotic as that may sound.
How are you saying i feel like i dont want to go that route. If you read my emails i tried to get them to talk to that fish place. I even offered to take a tank that was cheaper then original.uploadfromtaptalk1425596577068.jpgthis is me asking dsa to work with TFP and i would get the cheaper tank from them. Not ship to my house. If your going to post read the thread first before putting your 2 cents in. Im also saying ill deal with anyone of his retailers within 100 miles of me. Hence 50mph 100 mile = 2 hours. Please if your going to post READ FIRST. And stop posting what you deem i was thinking.

jerseypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2015, 05:59 PM   #104
b22
Registered Member

I live here in Dallas where DSA is located and it is just as much of a pain here locally to deal with them. Good luck

b22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2015, 06:00 PM   #105
Kenmx10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseypete View Post
How are you saying i feel like i dont want to go that route. If you read my emails i tried to get them to talk to that fish place. I even offered to take a tank that was cheaper then original.Attachment 310374this is me asking dsa to work with TFP and i would get the cheaper tank from them. Not ship to my house. If your going to post read the thread first before putting your 2 cents in. Im also saying ill deal with anyone of his retailers within 100 miles of me. Hence 50mph 100 mile = 2 hours. Please if your going to post READ FIRST. And stop posting what you deem i was thinking.
I was just stating that its DSA's policy that you don't deal with them directly and the route to take is through the Fish Place. Then They are suppose to call DSA and negotiate what they want to do as far as a credit. I noticed that you said you were calling DSA, trying to get them to call The Fish Place to resolve the problem. Which is not their way of doing business.

I was just suggesting that since DSA isn't going to help directly, That the best route to take might be to go to the Retailer instead of the distributor. Like I said in all my post, I think you should be taken care of and shouldn't have had to go thru all of this. I just knew DSA wasn't going to do anymore about it, and was saying If your gonna get results you'll probably have to go thru The Fish Place.

And I don't know what your thinking, I only know what I have read. Anyway its not my problem and Ive already spent my 2cents so I hope someone gets you taken care of , whoever that may be.

Kenmx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2015, 06:10 PM   #106
Lonelyreef
Registered Member

I understand what he's saying it's kinda like devils advocate. In our hobby however there's to many fly by nite coral chop shops, bad tank builders and just people that are more concerned with there bottom line and continually get away with scamming people or running less than stellar buisnesses with horrible practices and bad customer support. Anytime I read a thread like this I feel it's not only my duty but every other reefers to not support a company that's going to treat another member of our community like this. There's to many good companies and people out there. Regardless of there policies on how things are handled those policies are always made at the discretion of the company after all they make them. I'm sure one way or another this will be resolved but we should all take note of how rude and the way a fellow member of our community was treated.

Unread 03/05/2015, 06:28 PM   #107
jerseypete
Registered Member

I dont know DSA and THAT FISH PLACE. No longer do business with each other. But i notified each of them. DSA was totaly against contacting them. And That fish place asked if i would have DSA contact them. I feel i notified each party. They should be able to contact each other to make my situation right. Thats why im posting all emails from each company. But i shouldnt have to do this. There seems to be bad blood between them and im stuck in the middle of this.

Unread 03/05/2015, 06:34 PM   #108
jerseypete
Registered Member

uploadfromtaptalk1425602025479.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425602040041.jpgheres emails from mon and today. No response

Unread 03/05/2015, 07:31 PM   #109
b22
Registered Member

Just to be fair we had a bad snow and ice storm last night here in Dallas. So I am almost positive they did not go in to work today.

Unread 03/05/2015, 07:35 PM   #110
jerseypete
Registered Member

SMH. So what about monday.

Unread 03/05/2015, 07:39 PM   #111
b22
Registered Member

We have had ice off and on for the last few weeks. This has caused a lot of school and business closings. Tomorrow morning might be a late start for most people because I am sure it will freeze over tonight.
This should be the end of all the winter storms here though. Things will be back to normal next week.

Unread 03/05/2015, 07:44 PM   #112
jerseypete
Registered Member

Would you like me to post my phone logs of calls to DSA. im sure if i was emailing or calling to buy custom tank they will respond. Also tom is second in command at dsa. Im sure he takes his laptop home with him? Also did you feel that added anything of value to this thread. Your making excuses for a company and you dont even know if they were open or closed. SMH

Unread 03/05/2015, 07:47 PM   #113
b22
Registered Member

This is my old DSA neo nano 34

Unread 03/05/2015, 07:49 PM   #114
b22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b22 View Post
I live here in Dallas where DSA is located and it is just as much of a pain here locally to deal with them. Good luck
I'm not making excuses I told you right off the bat that they are a pain to deal with!

Unread 03/05/2015, 07:54 PM   #115
b22
Registered Member

No need to get mad at me. I am totally on your side. They need to set up and take care of the situation. DSA customer service might not be great but anyone will tell you their tanks are top notch.
It just stinks that your tank is not up to par.

Unread 03/05/2015, 08:01 PM   #116
b22
Registered Member

Also you are welcome to sent me a message and I can tell you my issues with them in private.

Unread 03/05/2015, 08:10 PM   #117
b22
Registered Member

The part I will post here is that I have been trying to buy a custom 120 from them for a month now and I still have not received a quote from my LFS. The LFS is giving me the same reasons you are getting. They are in a meeting or behind do to weather.
So when you say "I bet if I wanted to buy a tank they would answer" simply is not true.
Like I said I have been trying for a month.
Again to my point even as a local that lives in the same city as DSA. It is a pain to deal with them right now. I'm sure they will get caught up and things will be back to normal soon.

Unread 03/06/2015, 02:41 AM   #118
Saltwatercoral2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b22 View Post
The part I will post here is that I have been trying to buy a custom 120 from them for a month now and I still have not received a quote from my LFS. The LFS is giving me the same reasons you are getting. They are in a meeting or behind do to weather.
So when you say "I bet if I wanted to buy a tank they would answer" simply is not true.
Like I said I have been trying for a month.
Again to my point even as a local that lives in the same city as DSA. It is a pain to deal with them right now. I'm sure they will get caught up and things will be back to normal soon.
Go with Planet Aquariums, they are in Texas as well, same quality tank,, cheaper in price, and a faster turn around time on tank build.

Saltwatercoral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/06/2015, 06:25 AM   #119
b22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwatercoral2 View Post
Go with Planet Aquariums, they are in Texas as well, same quality tank,, cheaper in price, and a faster turn around time on tank build.
My current 60 cube is made by Planet aquariums. They are cheaper and yes the turn around is much faster but the same quality it very debatable.
It's a very nice tank but it's no DSA.
Planet was started by a couple of guys that built the tanks for DSA. While they are quite good at building the tanks they lack equipment. I will tell you that if they grow their company bigger and bigger like they have they will soon be just as good as DSA.

Unread 03/06/2015, 06:37 AM   #120
Lonelyreef
Registered Member

But dsa has horrible customer service obviously and doesn't support there product. Sometimes getting to big to fast is a really bad thing

Unread 03/06/2015, 06:46 AM   #121
Savant
Registered Member

DSA spun off of Oceanic

Tank Info: 105g DT l 100g sump l remote fuge 40g l Photon 48V2 LED l Diablo XS200 l APEX to run the show
Savant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/06/2015, 07:48 AM   #122
b22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
DSA spun off of Oceanic
Yes they did when oceanic decided to relocate.

Unread 03/06/2015, 07:50 AM   #123
b22
Registered Member

But we are getting way off topic.
OP I truly hope they fix the issue and you end up with a tank you love in the end.

Unread 03/06/2015, 09:43 AM   #124
jerseypete
Registered Member

Well i just got this email from THAT FISH PLACE. Dont know what to make of it. Seems kind off odd to ask that question.uploadfromtaptalk1425656537841.jpgi hate email as a form of communication. But i think this is a positive.

Unread 03/06/2015, 10:11 AM   #125
b22
Registered Member

Seems like a good start. But it will be a pain waiting