Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/01/2019, 06:56 PM   #1
sfsuphysics
Registered Member

Mp60 wetside disassembly & cleaning

So giving my wetside a cleaning, it's been literally forever since I've used it on a tank, never cleaned it before but I can't seem to find a part diagram anywhere online to know if everything is in here. Inside the wetside after disassembly at the base of the main rod which holds the magnet/impeller assembly there's a white square at the base. Now on that white square there's a imprint of a circle like some sort of washer may have been there. Not sure if this is due to the magnet sitting on it, or if there is in fact a washer that was there (and no longer there)

any help would be appreciative (i.e. sure I try to find a washer to fit here) or are my eyes just playing tricks on me and there is no washer outline.

Unread 06/15/2019, 09:35 AM   #2
Sisterlimonpot
R.C. Fraternity President

Mike,
I couldn't find a parts breakdown, But I grabbed my 3 standby wetsides and took them apart to ensure that there isn't a washer in between the magnet assy and the white square and/or circle.

I vaguely remember the old MP40's (gen 1-2) had a washer in them.

Dishes are done man!

Current Tank Info: 300 in progress
Sisterlimonpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/2019, 12:40 PM   #3
nly04
Registered Member

Do you have any spare MP60 wetside or magnet you can sell/trade one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsuphysics View Post
So giving my wetside a cleaning, it's been literally forever since I've used it on a tank, never cleaned it before but I can't seem to find a part diagram anywhere online to know if everything is in here. Inside the wetside after disassembly at the base of the main rod which holds the magnet/impeller assembly there's a white square at the base. Now on that white square there's a imprint of a circle like some sort of washer may have been there. Not sure if this is due to the magnet sitting on it, or if there is in fact a washer that was there (and no longer there)

any help would be appreciative (i.e. sure I try to find a washer to fit here) or are my eyes just playing tricks on me and there is no washer outline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisterlimonpot View Post
Mike,
I couldn't find a parts breakdown, But I grabbed my 3 standby wetsides and took them apart to ensure that there isn't a washer in between the magnet assy and the white square and/or circle.

I vaguely remember the old MP40's (gen 1-2) had a washer in them.

nly04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/30/2019, 09:15 PM   #4
sfsuphysics
Registered Member

Thanks Jimmy, the middle one looks similar to what I have with a white square and an imprint of a circle but no actual circle. And yeah I remember the older MP40s had a ceramic washer so the impeller could spin on it as it was quite a few pieces the were separate, the plastic shaft, magnet, ceramic washer, 2 impeller shaft pieces, and a nut on the other side to hold it all together. Just was wondering if I was missing any.

Quote:
Do you have any spare MP60 wetside or magnet you can sell/trade one?
sorry no.