Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/12/2014, 11:18 AM   #26
AD87
Registered Member

Based on the video the rep said there isn't any disco effect.

H Magnificia or bust.
AD87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2014, 01:50 PM   #27
Christian J
Registered Member

Seeing is believing...

Christian J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2014, 01:58 PM   #28
ZON
Registered Member

Absolutely not disco effetc and i saw live..also my cluster in hybrid don't make any spot lights but very mixed light..

ZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2014, 02:27 PM   #29
AD87
Registered Member

I agree I wonder if this unit will color acros like t5 or metal halide?

H Magnificia or bust.
AD87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/13/2014, 05:46 AM   #30
ZON
Registered Member

Only time will talk.. I hope that.. The hybrid work well if you understand which are best settings for your tank..

ZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/29/2014, 12:18 PM   #31
Patrick Cox
Registered Member

Hello, I thought I would bring this thread back to the top. Any new owners of this fixture? If so, how do you like it? I'm now trying to decide between the Sirius and the LED Powermodule. Thanks!

Unread 08/01/2014, 05:56 AM   #32
Nanoriffe.de
Registered Member

Hi there,

because want to ask myself more and more from America to reach the information on the ATI Sirius have lighting, we have set times back and made ​​a video in your language.

I'm doing this not for any company to drive forward, I myself am 10 years in this beautiful hobby traveling and would quite like to exchange my time with all the people in the world.
We also have products from America with us in the market, just as you probably also products from Germany.

I'm assuming we all have only one and the same problem.
We get each of the products too little information.
This I would like to see here with such collaborations to improve.

We test here in our more and more products from the sea water area.
We are not sponsored and therefore everything is Our Freedom opinion about the products.

So, I hope you like the video, and if questions arise here, which I can gladly answer.
As we sit here right on the German manufacturers.

Greetings from Germany, Mark

http://youtu.be/XXZbJ31O1eA?list=UUH...nfjqkIUjdpVbYQ

Last edited by Nanoriffe.de; 08/01/2014 at 06:40 AM.
Nanoriffe.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/01/2014, 06:36 AM   #33
kc350twin
Registered Member

I cannot get the link to work.

Unread 08/01/2014, 06:41 AM   #34
Nanoriffe.de
Registered Member

Hi there,

goes with me the link, but I put under the embedded video again a link.

Hope it goes now.

Unread 08/01/2014, 06:50 AM   #35
Patrick Cox
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoriffe.de View Post
Hi there,

because want to ask myself more and more from America to reach the information on the ATI Sirius have lighting, we have set times back and made ​​a video in your language.

I'm doing this not for any company to drive forward, I myself am 10 years in this beautiful hobby traveling and would quite like to exchange my time with all the people in the world.
We also have products from America with us in the market, just as you probably also products from Germany.

I'm assuming we all have only one and the same problem.
We get each of the products too little information.
This I would like to see here with such collaborations to improve.

We test here in our more and more products from the sea water area.
We are not sponsored and therefore everything is Our Freedom opinion about the products.

So, I hope you like the video, and if questions arise here, which I can gladly answer.
As we sit here right on the German manufacturers.

Greetings from Germany, Mark

http://youtu.be/XXZbJ31O1eA?list=UUH...nfjqkIUjdpVbYQ
Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to produce this video in English. That is much appreciated as we have very little information on this fixture in the US. I am curious on this fixture, how do reefers in Germany like this fixture when compared to the ATI LED Powermodule? I have an ATI Dimmable Sunpower fixture but I would like to add LED to my tank so I am considering these two fixtures.

Thanks!

Unread 08/01/2014, 07:01 AM   #36
kc350twin
Registered Member

ATI Sirius X Lights

Video worked. Your English is very good. In the US these fixtures just did not get a great launch into market. There was virtually no advertising from the importer and I had to search high and low to see them. Most of the info came from Interzoo videos and I could not understand most of them. I am very interested in this light and it's different approach.

Thanks for your video

Unread 08/01/2014, 08:06 AM   #37
Nanoriffe.de
Registered Member

@ Patrick,

one must always distinguish between the mixing tank and pure SPS tanks here.
If you drive a pure SPS tank, then you should choose the hybrid power module.
That's what I did, because here you get just the T5 still a diffused light into the pool. This penetrates better to the foot plates of the PLC through.
I thus get a better dye penetration, the foot washers to the PLC.
Function does a pure LED lighting also that Sirius X LED lamps are there already very close drann with your light distribution.
But the past was asleep but then makes the hybrid power module from ATI.

@ kc350twin

What do you want to know exactly about the lamps from ATI then?
Maybe I can help since.

Unread 08/01/2014, 08:12 AM   #38
kc350twin
Registered Member

I may have misspoken a little. I am interested on how they perform as opposed to the more common approach of massive watts of led in the center of the tank and spreading it outward. It seems there is very few people running these on this side of the world so our feedback is minimal.

Unread 08/01/2014, 08:22 AM   #39
Nanoriffe.de
Registered Member

Hi there,

yes the steering is just about light. Here reflectors are used yes and no lenses. That is, the light is directed and not bundled.
Therefore, one has no hotspots in the Sirius and in the hybrid.

Unread 08/05/2014, 09:39 PM   #40
Leanan
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi there,

yes the steering is just about light. Here reflectors are used yes and no lenses. That is, the light is directed and not bundled.
Therefore, one has no hotspots in the Sirius and in the hybrid.
Does that also prevent the "disco effect"? Do the colors blend well? And thank you for posting the link to your video!

Leanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/05/2014, 10:27 PM   #41
inktomi
Aviator

Do you think the fixture is cool enough to mount inside (or at least hidden by) a canopy?

I don't think I'd try my t5 powermodule inside anything...

Current Tank Info: 275g AGE, 5 Radion Pro, 4 MP40
inktomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/06/2014, 12:12 AM   #42
Reefvet
Registered Member

I'm sure this is a great light and I'm sure we'll see other manufacturers bringing LED fixtures with a broader spread to the market.

I've accomplished the same thing for the last couple of years by simply combining a pair of the Kessils A350Ws with a Reefbrite XHO blue.

I have a nice shimmer from the Kessils with controllable color and intensity. The Reefbrite XHO blue fills in like a T5 actinic or Blue+ would and eliminates any shadowing. I also don't have to hang anything from the ceiling.

Reefvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/06/2014, 05:44 AM   #43
Big E
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefvet View Post
I'm sure this is a great light and I'm sure we'll see other manufacturers bringing LED fixtures with a broader spread to the market.

I've accomplished the same thing for the last couple of years by simply combining a pair of the Kessils A350Ws with a Reefbrite XHO blue.

I have a nice shimmer from the Kessils with controllable color and intensity. The Reefbrite XHO blue fills in like a T5 actinic or Blue+ would and eliminates any shadowing. I also don't have to hang anything from the ceiling.
Your concoction is more expensive and no where near as efficient in reference to par and coverage. Why bother posting in this thread?

It's inferior on so many levels it's not even funny. I would suggest a separate thread for such comparisons.

reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2197142&page=31

Ed
Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/06/2014, 07:51 PM   #44
Reefvet
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big E View Post
Your concoction is more expensive and no where near as efficient in reference to par and coverage. Why bother posting in this thread?

It's inferior on so many levels it's not even funny. I would suggest a separate thread for such comparisons.
Damn. Do I have to break it my corals ?

They've been growing wonderfully under my inferior lighting for a couple of years before ATI brought out the Sirius X.

They'll be sad.

Reefvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2014, 11:23 AM   #45
Christian J
Registered Member

Quote:
Not sure I understood this. How are reflectors used inside the Sirius X (or with LED lights in general)? I though reflectors were not needed with LEDs?

Christian J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2014, 07:37 PM   #46
vpaul79
Registered Member

It's becoming more evident that reflectors are useful for LEDs and that lenses were more of a marketing plow to distinguish itself differently from metal halide. ATI uses reflectors, the next maxspect fixture will be reflector based as well

vpaul79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2014, 01:18 PM   #47
Oliver P.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian J View Post
Not sure I understood this. How are reflectors used inside the Sirius X (or with LED lights in general)? I though reflectors were not needed with LEDs?
Well, it is a a popular fallacy that no reflectors are needed. If you make PAR-measuremants below a pendant the truth is a complete different story.
For example:
If we would remove the Reflectors on our Sirius, we lose min. 30% in a wide area below the pendant. If you dont use reflectors you lose a part of the side scattered light. This is waste of energy. So, in our opinion (ATI) using LEDs for Aquaria in order to safe energy and not using Reflectors is contradiction in terms. This are the results from our lab. 30% loses in efficiency are not acceptable in our opinion....

The main funktion of a reflector is to direct the light to the area where the light is needed without producing so called "Hotspots". Our computer optimised Reflektor "catch" the side scattered light that comes from the LED and direct it into the aquaria. In this way we take advantage of the otherwise lost radiation (side scattered light). At best the reflector catch every Photon comming from the LED and direct this photon to our corals. The secret is to do this without generating "Hotspots" or smal areas with higher par readings. Here the sheeps are seperated from the goats. A Reflecors has to generate an even light distribution.

Otherwise you are always limited by the Hotspots and you have to reduce the complete light output of the LED-fixture in order not to risk or burn your corals.
This is the reason why an even light distribution is so incredible important. If you have "Hotspots" you cant use the full potential of the LED-Fixture.

So, there are technical reasons to use Reflectors (Lighting efficiency or coefficient of utilization) and we have biological reasons to generate an even light distribution to our corals.

These are the simple reasons why we work with Reflectors on LEDs from the first hour.

Thanks.

regards
Oliver

Last edited by Oliver P.; 08/17/2014 at 01:30 PM.
Oliver P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/28/2014, 07:49 AM   #48
JPMagyar
Registered Member

Oliver,

Does the latest software update include full moon phase simulation and if not does ATI have any plans to include moon phase control in the future? Do the newest Powermodules have the same LED reflector in their design? Is the Sirius available in the US now?

Thank you for creating such great cutting edge technology!

Reef Hobbyist Magazine journalist, and all around SPS nut!

Current Tank Info: 240 with 750 gal total system, ATI LED Powermodule, MTC-HSA 1000. MTC Pro-Cal..
JPMagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/28/2014, 01:10 PM   #49
Oliver P.
Registered Member

Hi Joe,

well, we are using the same optimised Reflectors in our Sirius and our LED-Powermodul or Hybrid. Once something is optimised it makes no sence to use something different in our Products. This is the reason why we use silver coated reflectors in all our T5-fixtures for example etc.

The Sirius is available in the US now. I guess ATI Northamerica has some in Stock.

You can simulate the moon by dimming the royalblue channel on 1% in the night for example. But we dont have a full moon simultaion right now. But maybe we will have something like this in the near future. To be honest: A full moon simulation had not our highest priority.

regards,
Oliver

Oliver P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/28/2014, 02:12 PM   #50
Superpuma
Registered Member

Oliver

I'm considering a X4 over my 100 x 90 x 50 cm mixed lps / sps reef. Tank is centrally scaped with 2 x islands, sps on the islands, lps on the edges of the islands, no corals outside approx 85 x 70 cm. What do you think?

Mike

Superpuma is offline   Reply With Quote