Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/09/2018, 12:25 PM   #1
Zalick
My reef tanks my wallet

Kessil and T5 question

I currently have 6 Kessil a360w tuna blue over my 300 deep dimension. I'm looking to either add T5s or switch to T5s.

I like the Kessil's but my SPS which I had for years under T5s eventually died. I've had more algae growth under the Kessils than I ever had under MH or T5. My LPS is thriving under the Kessil's.

Should I ditch the Kessil's and just go with T5s? Or add an ATI sunpower 60' 8 bulb and keep the Kessil's too?

Over the years I've run pure power compacts, pure MH, pure T5 and now pure Kessil's. I like the color of the Kessil's and controllability but I had far more success with all the other lights I've used over the years. I had more success with my power compacts even (for those of you who were around when power compact was THE light).

Current Tank Info: Me v Dinos - I'm winning for now...
Zalick is offline   Reply With Quote