Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/17/2007, 03:51 PM   #26
Bebo77
Premium Nonpaying Member

if they are not all juvis.. i say you are done.. i had 3 different pairs of clowns in my 300 and they all fought.. i had to take 2 pairs out...

Current Tank Info: 300 Gal Envision Tank(98Lx30Wx26T) 120 Gal SoCalCreations Sump, Deltec TC2560, 2 LumenarcsMini 1 Reg on a light mover W Radiums 250& 400, Gallaxy ballasts, Red Dragon 10m3 return W/ 2 WavySeas, 2 6155 Tunze streams
Bebo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2007, 03:56 PM   #27
Toddrtrex
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sebae09
i have 1 pair of Pink Skunks and 1 pair of True Percula's in my 55Gallon reef, and i plan on trying to put 1 Pair of False Percula's and 1 Pair of Nigripes in my other tank..
For how long??

And why would you want to risk mixing Nigripes (which are harder
to come by) with another pair of clowns?

Toddrtrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2007, 07:21 PM   #28
kurtg
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ocean.mirage
Well, I think I will try introducing 2 young tomatoe clowns,
Don't do it. Why not just setup a 20 gallon tank and move the perculas into there? It's been my experience that they spend all their time in their anemone so tank size wouldn't matter much. Then add the tomatoes to your larger tank. Both tanks can share a sump.

It's a lot cheaper and less heart breaking then replacing dead fish.

Current Tank Info: 110 gallon reef, 100 gallon SW
kurtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2007, 10:32 PM   #29
ocean.mirage
Registered Member

cause I have a 30 Gallon tank with potent flow and lighting, and avery small amount of rock, but I use it for quarantining and keeping aggressive fish such as lionfish, puffers, and clownfish. I would like to keep more than 2 clownfish In my 90 Gallon. That is where the real display is.

ocean.mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2007, 12:58 AM   #30
zylumn
Registered Member

you asked for advice you got it. now it's up to you to use it or not...

zylumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2007, 07:14 AM   #31
markandkristen
Moved On

i have 14 oscelaris in my 150. i love clowns too.

markandkristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2007, 08:15 AM   #32
wicked_NaCl_h2o
Registered Member

I think if you want two clown pairs in one tank. The ocellaris might be the only one that will get along with percula's but, will the percula's get along with the ocellaris? From what I've read, percula clowns are known to be agressive twards other anemonefish. Ocellaris will get along with other anemone fish. Maroons are known to be the most agressive of all the anemone fish, and they get up to 6.3 inches in length. If you want a pair of maroons, I would highly suggest you give them their own tank. If I was going to attempt to put two pairs of clowns in one tank and I already had a pair of perculas. I would get an already known mated pair of ocellaris and make sure they are full grown adults. Also I would make sure they aren't agressive to other tank mates. I've noticed with my ocellaris, they will pick on the little guys but leave the bigger fish alone. I think that maybe your percs will leave the ocellaris alone as long as they are bigger than your perculas.
I have thought about adding a different kind of clown to my aquarium, then after reading about how agressive the others are, I decided against it. If I were you ..I wouldn't take that chance.

wicked_NaCl_h2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2007, 08:31 AM   #33
ocean.mirage
Registered Member

thanx guys, this has all been very helpful. I appreciate it

ocean.mirage is offline   Reply With Quote