Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/15/2015, 09:06 AM   #4401
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griseum View Post
I'd like to just point something out. Ive seen someones GPs in person, and they definitely were not suffering bloat, neither swim-bladder related or gas-caused. Yet it seems that other GP's do suffer the symptoms as Ted describes, as well as Karen, along with some Centropyge species.
Perhaps it is safe to say that nobody is slanting the truth, and that individual fish are reacting differently to a specific ingredient that is in a certain batches of LRS foods! If it was a common ingredient, say clam meat, that was bought in bulk and used in batches of several of his blends, then it might show in certain fish no matter which blend the aquarist is feeding. That is up to Larry to divulge.

Probiotics in fish is an interesting concept as well. Different Taxa/species of fish have a differnt bacterial flora inside their gut, which aids in digestion of whichever type of food that fish feeds on. Be it an herbivore, which studies have shown rely heavily on bacteria to help digest Algae, or an Omnivore, that eats both algae and meaty items.
Hey Gris,

Did you see the Gp a few hours after they ate just LRF? If you just see the fish and don't live with them and constantly see them, I am not sure how you can say they are symptom free...there was also a discussion back then that, since some of the symptoms were minor, some people might not be able to identify signs of bloat...

Remember, as stated, my Gp got it much less frequently and less severe then the others. All reported seeing it with Karen reporting it first..

Many different ingredients were considered with the probiotics and garlic looked at first but when we received stripped down version of LRF without those ingredients, the condition did not clear-up...
when I spoke with Karen the other day, she mentioned perhaps it was the white fish...
we also discussed some other fish and I recommended that Karen get some of Larry's new food with black worms, and she did (I wanted to send her live black worms but it is not allowed)...Larry mentioned that in his opus above...lol, yeah, I helped him again....

Last edited by humaguy; 03/15/2015 at 09:18 AM. Reason: typo
humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2015, 09:12 AM   #4402
griseum
Registered Member

You are correct. I don't live with them, I don't possess any myself nor do/did I spend hours with them.

I was pointing only to the general health of the GPs I saw. Not in a bloated state, on a couple, random occasions.

And yes... almost all good deeds, IME, end poorly...

griseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2015, 09:29 AM   #4403
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemee View Post
Sadly, don't have GPs, but I do feed Reef Frenzy to my pair of Centropyge aurantia, and a few other deep water fish (P. ventralis) and have had no signs of bloat, thankfully. Do you still have this problem now that you're no longer using it? What are you using now?
I still see it when I use LRF but only in the Gp and some centropyge...
I also use spir brine, plankton, Mysis, angel/butterfly blends, live brine/pods, nori, and fresh seafood...

Unread 03/15/2015, 09:30 AM   #4404
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:

And yes... almost all good deeds, IME, end poorly...
This....

Unread 03/15/2015, 09:32 AM   #4405
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humaguy View Post
Thanks...

Karen was the first person who reported seeing bloat in the Gp last August and all who have them have seen it...this is a forum where we share what works and what does not work...

more to the point- many of you thought I was working for or with Larry, that I was his shill...I never received anything, zero, nada, as compensation for all I did for him...

oops, I made the mistake of saying, "look at all I did for you, how about sending me some free food? " he totally shut me down and lol, defriended me on fb...I am not the first...

overall, it is most definitely the best food I have ever used...

However, I will never feed it to my Gp or centropyge....and if you see any white stringy poop hanging from your fish or worse see any buoyancy issues, STOP feeding it and see if that condition clears up....

If you want to see a pic of the poop and bubbles there are pics in here from months ago...

My dad would have said, "no good deed goes unpunished."

Ted

Unread 03/15/2015, 10:14 AM   #4406
humaguy
Premium Member

bringing some beauty back to this thread....

Unread 03/15/2015, 10:15 AM   #4407
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Thanks...

Karen was the first person who reported seeing bloat in the Gp last August and all who have them have seen it...this is a forum where we share what works and what does not work...

more to the point- many of you thought I was working for or with Larry, that I was his shill...I never received anything, zero, nada, as compensation for all I did for him...

oops, I made the mistake of saying, "look at all I did for you, how about sending me some free food? " he totally shut me down and lol, defriended me on fb...I am not the first...

overall, it is most definitely the best food I have ever used...

However, I will never feed it to my Gp or centropyge....and if you see any white stringy poop hanging from your fish or worse see any buoyancy issues, STOP feeding it and see if that condition clears up....

If you want to see a pic of the poop and bubbles there are pics in here from months ago...

My dad would have said, "no good deed goes unpunished."

Ted
Like I said you have no reason to lie about it and neither does Karen. As far as Larry goes he will get over it, if not he will look extremely desperate and the more he keeps sighting that his food isn't causing bloat the more he incriminates his food. "Defriending on Facebook" LMAO... Just childish. At the end of the day Larry's buisness will suffer from this... Ted you will be affected about as much as a cloudy day

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Dmorty217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2015, 10:16 AM   #4408
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
bringing some beauty back to this thread....
Sorry let's continue the beauty!

Fish are not disposable commodities, but a worthwhile investment that can be maintained and enjoyed for many years, providing one is willing to take the time to understand their requirements and needs

Current Tank Info: 625g, 220g sump, RD3 230w, Vectra L1 on a closed loop, 3 MP60s, MP40. Several QTs
Unread 03/15/2015, 10:20 AM   #4409
Wistler
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks...

I never received anything, zero, nada, as compensation for all I did for him...

I said my peace and had made a decision to leave the thread alone but I am not going to have myself painted as a greedy, selfish "bad guy." I have always been grateful for the props and introductions Ted has given me which has bolstered our name in the hobby.

With that being said Ted has received deep discounts on food over the past couple of years was well as FREE LRS Swag, to include a Gp Polo shirt and most recently a food strainer via US mail which I sent unannounced. There has been free food mailed as well. I have always attempted to be gracious and show my gratitude in ways that I could.

You were not "de-friended" because you asked for free food. You and I both know the reasons which were explained in an email exchange. I had been sending text and emails trying to have a meaningful conversation with you and catch up on details since December and you never answered the phone or texts with more than a "I'm too busy..." All the while you continued to see you uploading videos and pics to this thread so I had assumed you didn't desire any further contact.

Lets agree to keep this thread directed to the nature of the fish and not drag our dirty laundry into the public arena.

Wistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2015, 10:39 AM   #4410
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wistler View Post
I said my peace and had made a decision to leave the thread alone but I am not going to have myself painted as a greedy, selfish "bad guy." I have always been grateful for the props and introductions Ted has given me which has bolstered our name in the hobby.

With that being said Ted has received deep discounts on food over the past couple of years was well as FREE LRS Swag, to include a Gp Polo shirt and most recently a food strainer via US mail which I sent unannounced. There has been free food mailed as well. I have always attempted to be gracious and show my gratitude in ways that I could.

You were not "de-friended" because you asked for free food. You and I both know the reasons which were explained in an email exchange. I had been sending text and emails trying to have a meaningful conversation with you and catch up on details since December and you never answered the phone or texts with more than a "I'm too busy..." All the while you continued to see you uploading videos and pics to this thread so I had assumed you didn't desire any further contact.

Lets agree to keep this thread directed to the nature of the fish and not drag our dirty laundry into the public arena.
Jesus Larry your ruining a great thread... Why don't you start your own thread about this?

Unread 03/15/2015, 10:40 AM   #4411
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Hey bud,

I think when I started taking those first pics I had all the lights on, they were so tiny they were often virtually impossible to see.
They are still very blue, though, honestly, I am not sure if it is decreasing or increasing...
I took a pic of them the other day and will swear that it shows one of their pecs going orange, though I don't see it when I stare at the fish...
Here are some pics from the past 10 months...the first bunch are recent, then back to the first days and 1 or 2 from around 4 months old...

not sure I ever posted this....Wen's broodstock for the tb Clarion....
Back to things that are important

Unread 03/15/2015, 11:04 AM   #4412
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wistler View Post

Please, leave my tread alone...you gave me zero...you did nothing for me as I worked endlessly hard to get your name out there...
Koji was me, Lebanon was me, the GP story about your food saving the male was a spin I put on for your benefit (there was other food and info in play that helped the male) and I brought you into the Gp Project, nobody else was going to do that...
the "free" shirt was totally my idea, I helped with the design and offered to pay half of all costs, you excluded me...I paid 20 per flat...and yes, I did stop taking calls from you because it was always about you...I am not the first person you have done this to...

You started airing dirty laundry with the opus you posted on this form Larry, did I tell people you defriended me or stopped sending me food???
btw, who defriends people? wildly mature move...this forum is bout what works and what does not and your food definitely DOES not work for all fish....

I posted pics and details about the bloat LRF cause the GP and centropyge months ago and you didn't have a problem, now you do because back then you knew I would defend you, now, while I will still expound on the benefits of LRF, I also have no problems being totally honest...

I suppose I should just flood fb with all the emails sent between us and others so the full story is revealed...

How many people did you send those lousy strainers, balck towels, rubber bracelets to and how many did what I did for you???

Free swag??...I bought almost 300 dollars worth of swag from you the first time we spoke and you used to tell me I was your single biggest purchaser of your swag, btw, I ordered whiskey glasses with an indigo base, you sent clear base and never replaced with the indigo...but yes, you did send me a tiny black useless towel with your logo on it, some rubber bracelets- the same free stuff you send to all...

What I did for you benefitted your company, your wallet, your family, and your reputation immensely...
What you did for me was to send a totally useless free tiny black towel, useless rubber bracelets, and useless strainer....wouldn't food be the more useful and practical route to returning the love I was showing you and LRS??

I was doing so much for you, at one point you actually thought I was going to drop $15,000 on a Gp for you...

Once you sent some fish roe, that was terrific and was something I could use....

I never received deep discounts people, ever...$20 as compared to $23, and I was buying hundreds of dollars of food at a time, a slight discount seems in order, no???

When you factor in what I did for you businesswise, you should have been sending me a few free packs a month..

I did received free food twice from you....

Once was just after the time I tossed 11 unopened flats due to the bloat issue and we thought it was a bad batch and btw, you sent 8 as a replacement, hmmm, do the math...then I asked you, yes people, I actually had to ask Larry to send me some free food as I was bending over backwards to push his food... but it was me asking, not you doing...and I believe you sent me 6-8 free packs then...

Good luck, I will continue to plug your food while being totally honest at the same time...

Last edited by humaguy; 03/15/2015 at 11:49 AM. Reason: typo
Unread 03/15/2015, 11:15 AM   #4413
griseum
Registered Member

I really don't want this thread to get closed...

griseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2015, 11:34 AM   #4414
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorty217 View Post
Back to things that are important
I tried....but as long Larry continues to pollute my thread I will respond...
at some point I will just post all the emails, between everybody involved....

I have every single bit of correspondence....

Unread 03/15/2015, 11:35 AM   #4415
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
I really don't want this thread to get closed...
Same here....

This might be a good time to split the thread...

Last edited by humaguy; 03/15/2015 at 11:41 AM.
Unread 03/15/2015, 11:40 AM   #4416
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Like I said you have no reason to lie about it and neither does Karen. As far as Larry goes he will get over it, if not he will look extremely desperate and the more he keeps sighting that his food isn't causing bloat the more he incriminates his food. "Defriending on Facebook" LMAO... Just childish. At the end of the day Larry's buisness will suffer from this... Ted you will be affected about as much as a cloudy day
Yes, thanks, I couldn't agree more...

Unread 03/15/2015, 11:48 AM   #4417
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Jesus Larry your ruining a great thread... Why don't you start your own thread about this?
Now there is a great idea!!
He should def start a thread about LRF and bloat...

Unread 03/15/2015, 12:06 PM   #4418
humaguy
Premium Member

Hey Trig,

Thanks for the pm...similar happened to you...
So, you know firsthand I am not crazy or lying...

TK

Unread 03/15/2015, 12:10 PM   #4419
humaguy
Premium Member

Unread 03/15/2015, 01:27 PM   #4420
humaguy
Premium Member

Unread 03/15/2015, 01:58 PM   #4421
Dmorty217
Saltwater Addict

Quote:
Great picture of Blondie!! She is so little! I can really see the baby blue on the three little girls. Beautiful!

Unread 03/15/2015, 02:16 PM   #4422
unfeazi
Registered Member

Seeing the GPs grow and mature is absolutely awesome Ted, can't wait to hopefully see the transition to make in one of them! As for the other stuff, I hope it doesn't ruin the thread.

unfeazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2015, 02:21 PM   #4423
humaguy
Premium Member

Unread 03/15/2015, 03:39 PM   #4424
cFloor
Registered Member

The blue undertones in your GPs are very nice. It'll be so exciting when one starts converting to a male.

cFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2015, 03:51 PM   #4425
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cFloor View Post
The blue undertones in your GPs are very nice. It'll be so exciting when one starts converting to a male.
Thanks!

It's funny, I have 2 pics that show what looks to be orange coming in on 1 of their pec fins, but, lol, I don't see it in person...