Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/10/2019, 04:49 PM   #1
Mr_Robot
Registered Member

Stocking List

Hi guys! My tank has been up for about a year. I believe I have finally gotten the Algae under control and I’m starting to see some Coraline Algae! So I think I’m ready to start adding more fish. What do you guys think of my fish stocking plan and do you think I have enough habitat for them? I have a 100 gallon (60x18x22) display tank.

Currently have:
Yellow Tang
2 Clown Fish
2 Fire Fish Gobies
1 Bengi Cardinal
Diamondback Watchmen Goby
Royal Gramma

Future additions:
Kole Tang
Bristletooth Tang
3 Anthias
7-11 Blue/Green Chromis
Six Line Wrasse
Lawnmower Blenny
Possibly Flame Angle
Fire Shrimp

Mr_Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2019, 06:53 AM   #2
gareth.hubbarde
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Robot View Post
Hi guys! My tank has been up for about a year. I believe I have finally gotten the Algae under control and I’m starting to see some Coraline Algae! So I think I’m ready to start adding more fish. What do you guys think of my fish stocking plan and do you think I have enough habitat for them? I have a 100 gallon (60x18x22) display tank.

Currently have:

Yellow Tang

2 Clown Fish

2 Fire Fish Gobies

1 Bengi Cardinal

Diamondback Watchmen Goby

Royal Gramma

Future additions:

Kole Tang

Bristletooth Tang

3 Anthias

7-11 Blue/Green Chromis

Six Line Wrasse

Lawnmower Blenny

Possibly Flame Angle

Fire Shrimp
Think you might have to scratch anymore tangs you have 1, from what I know need much bigger tank for more than 1. Also not sure on the amount of chromis, that might be too many. But hey I'm no expert I'm sure others will be of help to you.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

gareth.hubbarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2019, 07:28 AM   #3
Kriegad
Registered Member

Kole tang and other bristletooth tang are pretty similar in my opinion. Might be able to get away with one more tang in with your yellow, but I don’t know if I’d try two more. Just be ready to separate them if things start going wrong. Anecdotally, I had a lawnmower blenny in with my two spot bristletooth tang, and the tang hated him and picked on him relentlessly until he died.

Kriegad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2019, 07:45 AM   #4
gareth.hubbarde
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriegad View Post
Kole tang and other bristletooth tang are pretty similar in my opinion. Might be able to get away with one more tang in with your yellow, but I don’t know if I’d try two more. Just be ready to separate them if things start going wrong. Anecdotally, I had a lawnmower blenny in with my two spot bristletooth tang, and the tang hated him and picked on him relentlessly until he died.
I have sailfin blenny with spotted Bristletooth Tang and yeah, quite often the tang will chase the blenny. Just something to watch out for.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

gareth.hubbarde is offline   Reply With Quote