Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/05/2010, 10:48 PM   #1
raesunrae
Registered Member

LED Moonlights to add on to pendant fixture

Hi All!

What kind of LED moonlights (like 2-4) can I add to an Odyssea 17"-24" Pendant? 150wMetal Halide w/ (2) 14W Actinics?? This will be over a 24G Nanocube. I have added a strip of blue actinic Ecoxotic Stunners already but would like to have 2-4 moonlights for overnight visual/spawning. Plus I'm trying to create somewhat of a dawn to dusk effect. The Stunners are too strong to leave as moonlights...There are 24 of them. I'm looking for the moonlights to turn on after the Stunners go out..

P.S. Looking for something to possibly add to existing fixture. Not submersible. ANd to add....I'm not an electrician! LOL!!

Any ideas of what there is out there that would be inexpensive and easy to add???

Thank YOU!!

raesunrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2010, 11:06 PM   #2
Johnny C
Registered Member

I use the IceCap LED strip. It sounds like it would suit your needs well. Being lighter than a T5 bulb (and the same size), it's very easy to mount. HTH

Unread 10/05/2010, 11:37 PM   #3
raesunrae
Registered Member

Wow...That would be PERFECT! Price is right and all... Unfortunatley I don't think it would work in my case since my tank width is only 18". I can't, for the life of me, figure how to add moonlights to the upgraded fixture without some type of electrical work. Was hoping someone knew about some tiny LED adhesive ones that I could stick on and just lead the wires into a "cord hide away." I would try the submersibles but they suction onto the glass and the Nano's have a bow to the front, and a porous back with an intake and return... Am I missing sometning on the link? Otherwise...Thank YOU!!

Unread 10/05/2010, 11:45 PM   #4
Johnny C
Registered Member

Have you considered the new Current TrueLumen LEDs? They are 5mm thick and can be attached using the provided double-sided tape.

Unread 10/06/2010, 12:15 AM   #5
raesunrae
Registered Member

Now that's it! It sucks though that I have the Ecoxotic Stunners that are capable of adding up to 6 strips on 1 power supply. Wish they made a lower led strip that I could add to my current supply! What you just showed me is what I'm looking for, just wander if I can addit to my current power supply through the Ecoxotic? Like I said, I am not an electrician!! BUT!! YOU are such a great help! Thank you!

Unread 10/06/2010, 12:20 AM   #6
raesunrae
Registered Member

Dude!! I have come up with a great idea to submit to Ecoxotic!! LOL!

Tags
led moon night light diy, led. upgrade, moonlights