Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/23/2018, 02:07 PM   #1
SaltieG
Registered Member

What's wrong with my Rodi system?

Figured I'd ask here and see if anyone has a suggestion on my filter system. I moved it from one wall to another spot in my house today. Got everything hooked up, made sure the lines were all connected properly and now there is no water coming out and no waste water either. It's holding pressure as if something is clogging it. Even when I turn the water supply off, it holds pressure because it can't release any water. I have no idea why. I literally moved it 10 feet and it's 3 simple hoses. My water pressure here is over 90psi so it gets plenty of pressure.

It's a 5 stage filter guys unit. All 4 filters plus the RO membrane were replaced 4 months ago and my water here has low tds so the filters are not the issue.

Unread 06/23/2018, 06:40 PM   #2
James77
Registered Member

I would disconnect those three hoses where they attach to start with. Meaning does your waste line spit out water directly at the housing? Same with your good water line.

If you get nothing there, it can't hurt to break the whole thing down and reassemble. How old is the auto shut off valve...assuming it has one.

Current Tank Info: 120g Mixed Reef and 75g Freshwater
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2018, 08:42 PM   #3
SaltieG
Registered Member

It doesn't have an auto shut off valve but yeah I was leaning towards taking it all apart.

Unread 06/24/2018, 01:59 AM   #4
Redleg13b
Registered Member

Try removing all of the filters to check the inflow and out flow for blockages. then do the same with the membrane. It could just be some sediment floating around inside from moving the system has it plugged.

Redleg13b is offline   Reply With Quote