Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/22/2015, 03:37 AM   #51
SHUMALA
Registered Member

A quick update after spending more time with the doser.

I resolved issue (2) I posted earlier. Basically, before the first memory wipe, I backed up the original calibration numbers. After each memory wipes, I would load the calibration file. However, it turns out that the calibration file is either empty or corrupted. I would expect the software to give me an error. However, each time I load, it wouldn't actually tell me if its successful or not, and just give a progression bar. I tested last night and confirm that even though the progression bar reaches 100% each time, the calibration data did not actually load into the software. So I ended up having to un-prime all my dosing heads last night and recalibrate everything again. This solved issue (2).

Also, on issue (5), I found out what the clicking sound was. It was the sound of the alarm. Basically, I did not setup an "alarm type". So the clicking sound I guess is the
no alarm type" alarm type... Come on, again, can we please either make that drop down field mandatory or default to an audible alarm sound rather than clicking noise? And I found this out randomly today as the optical sensor, which I set as High Water Alarm, kept going off. Originally, all I heard was the clicking sound, then I saw the error message cycle on once every minute or so, and I realize that the optical sensor was triggering the alarm, which was the click click click noise. To make this even more interesting, my sump was not overflowing at the time. I took the optical sensor and wiped it down with dry tower... The alarming kept going off. And this is even after I reset the ATO alarm manually on the computer. Now the optical sensor is unplugged as well. I'll send another mail to Pacific Sun with a video of the faulty optical sensor / alarm.

SHUMALA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/22/2015, 04:45 AM   #52
Raul-7
Registered Member

Anyone use the AWC pumps/feature? How do you like it?

Raul-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/09/2015, 09:45 AM   #53
Pacific Sun RD
Przemek Cybulski

First shipment with Kore 5th stirrers is "on road".

We want to inform that we released today new native app for Mac OS X users - more details in our sponsor section.
Its BETA release however many things are already tested and only some options are not enabled yet.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=680

Pacific Sun RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/18/2015, 10:36 AM   #54
Pacific Sun RD
Przemek Cybulski

We want to inform that we released new addition for Kore 5th dosers - Solenoid valve for Osmosis Units/Station. Price is great - 49,00 euro - like doser - which can be bought already for 299,00 euro in Anniversary Edition version! ;-)

The Kore5th Digital Solenoid Valve is a product of highest quality, safe and reliable for more pleasure with your aquarium.
This valve is compatible with Kore5th dosing station and can be used instead of DC Refill pump(for ATO purposes).
Because it's using DC voltage it guarantee safety in use. Attached 5m cable. Retail price 49,00 euro.

Technical specifications:
Function 2/2 directions,
non-current carrying connection
Nominal width 2 mm, 0,08“
Operating pressure 0 –4 bar, 0 – 60 psi
Medium gas, tap water
Connection PVC hose, 6/4 mm (1/4“)
Voltage: Kore5th power output compatible(Low Voltage)
Power consumption 4Watts(only when turned on – during refill procedure)

Unread 07/13/2015, 04:13 AM   #55
Pacific Sun RD
Przemek Cybulski

There is important software update for all Mac OS X users:
http://www.pacific-sun.eu/download/K..._1.4H_Beta.zip

Fixed some minor bugs, added liquid names, automatic water change control etc.

Unread 09/09/2015, 06:51 PM   #56
truepercs
Registered Member

can anyone point me in right direction for downloading software?
Seems like links are not working on Pacific sun site?

Windows or Mac

Unread 09/09/2015, 08:45 PM   #57
truepercs
Registered Member

I was able to use the link above for Mac version

Unread 09/09/2015, 09:59 PM   #58
moondoggy4
Registered Member

What is the US price for the anniversary model Kore 5 dosing I only see Euro prices.

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2015, 10:28 PM   #59
SailAnnapolis
Registered Member

I have a brand new Kore 5 that has never been opened, nor used or anything. please PM me if interested. It ends up we are moving and I am not sure what the tank future is.

120 Gallon 48x24x24 rimless

Current Tank Info: 120 Gallon rimless from Planet Aquarium, external built-in overflow, S-200 Eshopps 200gal cone skimmer, Pacific Sun LED's, two phosban reactors for carbon and rowaphos
SailAnnapolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2015, 10:34 AM   #60
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

So, a while back I made a thread and asked about which doser to buy to replace my Fauna Marin doser which served me well for many years, but the screen had become faulty.

This was the doser: basically a rebranded GHL unit.

After making a thread and asking about which doser to get, I decided on the Kore 5th:

This unit appears to be very well made. I love the magnetic stirrer; I am going to setup the unit to dose the following:

1. Calcium
2. Bicarbonate
3. Fauna Marin Colour Element A
4. Fauna Marin Colour Element B
5. Fauna Marin Colour Element C

At the moment I am going to use it to dose Ca and Alk. Mg I only need to dose occasionally. I am going to introduce the Colour Elements in a few months to tweak colours.

Having used various dosing equipment in the hobby (I've setup GHL/GRO Tec/Bubble Magus and other for my LFS) and used many at university, this unit feels solid.

Hooking up to my laptop was easy. I bought a Bluetooth dongle from ebay and it hooked up easily. At first I couldnt pair it with my laptop as I was using the wrong pairing code, but a quick search on RC revealed the pairing code as "1234"...yes, I skipped reading the bits of documentation that came with it.

Anyway, first impressions are: I LOVE THIS unit. It looks great and works fine. I needed a unit that will deal with the daily dosing requirements; but also be able to dose smaller amounts accurately. - This unit is supplied with a whole kit of various tubes and fine dosing bits; there is way more included here than I ever imagined.

There is so much the software can do. I am sure I'll be back here asking for help as I play around with the software.

I am using the software that came on the CD. Is there a newer software or any real need to download a newer software?

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/21/2015, 05:27 AM   #61
wcharon
Registered Member

Heyyyy Sahin... This is a copy of what i posted in your other page.

Great you are liking the Doser as i am... Good unit. Last firmware version is 1.4g. Only downside that i see is that we have to be locally to connect to it. Wish Pacificsun develop something to access it remotely.

Here is the link for the last Manual and Firmware.

http://www.pacific-sun.eu/new/index....ome&Itemid=101

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
wcharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2015, 03:36 PM   #62
Sangheili
Registered Member

Does anyone know the exact ID/OD of the tubing inside the pump head? Need to replace mine and would like to step up to a nicer tubing that isn't fast-flow like the supplied Pharmed BPT size.

Sangheili is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2015, 03:38 PM   #63
Razor Blade
Registered Member

@Pacific Sun RD

Are the Kore 5th dosers available in Canada?

Razor Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2015, 03:44 PM   #64
trueperc
Registered Member

I too am in Canada, from what I understand we have to order from the us site. Right now it looks like they are out of stock.

trueperc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2015, 03:59 PM   #65
andrek787
Registered Member

Guys, just FYI PacSun does have a CUBE (like AI director) that allows you to connect to the doser and lights via network instead of bluetooth.

Unread 09/25/2015, 05:05 AM   #66
wcharon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrek787 View Post
Guys, just FYI PacSun does have a CUBE (like AI director) that allows you to connect to the doser and lights via network instead of bluetooth.
Didn't know that.... Hummmm will checkit. Do you have it???

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
Unread 09/25/2015, 07:12 AM   #67
hunmnu
Registered Member

I have my unit here and have read through the manual. Some more install instructions would not be bad, but looks fairly straight forward. I am looking forward to using this on my new set up. A well thought out and well built piece of equipment from what I can see.

hunmnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2015, 11:24 AM   #68
andrek787
Registered Member

I guess Cube isnt available in US yet.

http://www.pacificsunusa.com/product/cube-bridge.

As far as Canada ask Yorgos (PS USA) I am sure he can ship it to you.

Unread 09/29/2015, 11:39 AM   #69
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Wow, that is cool. I need one of those bridge devices. But first must buy my DSLR and Apex Controller.

Can anyone confirm if device can be accessed from outside your home via online? I ask because then I can get my buddy to test my alk for me, as he is an SPS keeper, but I can make any changes to the doser MYSELF when away from home.

Unread 09/30/2015, 12:15 PM   #70
reeferKen
Registered Member

Interesting the Cube release date on photo says Q4 2014, but description says shipping soon.

reeferKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2015, 12:38 PM   #71
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Im sorry for late replies.
Cube - we do everything to release it before Christmas with dedicated app for Kore5th(via tcp/udp protocos) - so control from any place in world.
Because we are actually during change of Distributor in USA - all North America Customer interested to buy Kore 5th doser or any other device - pls contact with us directy(we will take car about you).
We will back as RC sponsor soon, with new Distributor.

BR

Przemek

Last edited by Przemek_PacSun; 09/30/2015 at 12:48 PM.
Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2015, 12:47 PM   #72
wcharon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Cube - wo do everything to release it before Christmas with dedicated app for Kore5th(via tcp/udp protocos) - so control from any place in world.
Because we are actually during change of Distributor in USA - all North America Customer interested to buy Kore 5th doser or any other device - pls contact with us directy(we will take car about you).

BR

Przemek
Heyyyy Przemek....

Glad to see you back with new stuff for our doser.

Unread 10/01/2015, 09:51 AM   #73
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Cube - we do everything to release it before Christmas with dedicated app for Kore5th(via tcp/udp protocos) - so control from any place in world.

BR

Przemek
Hello. This is good news. When will cube be available for UK please? Not sure if santa will be extra nice to me this xmas and get me some nice reefkeeping toys.

Unread 10/04/2015, 04:40 PM   #74
truepercs
Registered Member

dosing bottles

Where can I get a hold of some dosing bottles that fit in the holder that can be added and removed easily?

Unread 10/04/2015, 06:21 PM   #75
truepercs
Registered Member

I found something local that will work

Tags
junk trash