Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/06/2020, 06:06 PM   #1
Michael_
Registered Member

Coloration

Hello, fellow reefers.

Today I purchased a purple monster zoa at the reef store. It was glowing very nicely under their light. When I brought it home and put it under my light (kessil ap700), it just didn't glow as much. Especially the purple color. This has happened with the blue zoanthids I recently purchased as well... The colors just don't pop as much as they did at the store. It's not a parameter issue, it's as soon as I put them in the tank.

Do you guys know how to make zoanthids really pop with your lights? Mine are running at 0%red 0%green, just blues all day.

Michael_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/22/2020, 09:43 PM   #2
BearCoral
Registered Member

I've ran across this with my older kessils, their blue is different and you can't add violet or UV. My AI lights you can pump the UV, where as my kessils I am unable to change that. So certain things look different in different tanks.

BearCoral is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue, colors, coral, lights, zoanthids