Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/03/2020, 08:57 PM   #1
sEaLiFe4LiFe
Registered Member

Copper not reading

Hey RC, my clownfish (2 snowflake, 2 caramels) are in qt for a week now. Qt consists of 20g high, heater, air stone, pvc pieces, quick setup HOB new non seeded and simple petco light made for tank. I’m treating with only cupramine. Nothing else. My 150g DT has been set back up after 4 months and was running for six years prior. It’s been running 2 weeks now with a slight raise in ammonia due to cycling.

My question is why am I not getting a strong reading of copper in qt? I dosed the recommended amount the first day. Waited 48hrs and then did a Cu test. No reading of Cu. So I dosed again for 20g. Waited 48hrs and then did another Cu test. No reading. I checked the exp date of test kit and it had expired for a few months. So I ordered a new Cu test kit. Today is day 7 of qt and with new Cu test kit I have the same results.. No reading of Cu.

So what am I doing wrong here?!?! I don’t want to kill the fish by creating a toxic environment. All in all the fish look great swimming around eating fine.. this is boggling my mind. Any help would be appreciated thank you

Last edited by sEaLiFe4LiFe; 08/03/2020 at 09:53 PM.
sEaLiFe4LiFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2020, 12:50 PM   #2
sEaLiFe4LiFe
Registered Member

So today I decided to keep dosing cupramine till I got a reading. No more than .25ppm. I would still like to know why this happened if anyone has info. I’ve put 2xs almost 3xs the amount for it to get a reading. Could the cupramine be bad?

sEaLiFe4LiFe is offline   Reply With Quote