Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/16/2020, 05:57 PM   #1
travis32
Registered Member

New Mobius Enabled MP40s

Hello, I just received 2 new MP40s with Mobius enabled technology. Which, I have no idea what that means, because nothing works.

My old 7 year old MP 40 connects to my WXM on my apex with no issues, but, the new MP40s won't connect to my WXM? Can they be connected to my Apex Classic through the use of the WXM? If so, how?

If not, I'm fine with setting a schedule through the website or the mobile app.. But, how do I get them detected in the mobile app. My phone just sits their after I enter my Aquarium name with a spinning circle. The instructions say absolutely nothing about how to get the MP40s detected in the Mobius app, it just says once detected, you'll see this screen. . . Which never happens for me. I've tried with Blue tooth on my phone turned off, with it turned on, with my phone on the wireless network, with it off the network. Nothing happens.

I know sometimes devices create their own network. I'll see if they show up as a wireless network on my phone. If not, how do I add them to the app, or the website, or to my WXM Controller?

Instructions are severely lacking for this!

travis32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2020, 10:24 PM   #2
Sisterlimonpot
R.C. Fraternity President

In short, yes you can. It will require you to download Mobius into your android or iOS device. Once you do, open the app, follow the prompts to create an acct and new tank. Once you're in at the bottom of the home page there will be an icon that looks like 3 wavy lines, select that and top right of screen will be a + sign, select that and the vortech(s) will show up. Long press on the vortech icon and it will give you an option to downgrade (I'm not 100% what it actually says but it will be obvious).

After downgrading is complete, you'll be able to have wxm recognize it.

Dishes are done man!

Current Tank Info: 300 in progress
Sisterlimonpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/17/2020, 10:11 AM   #3
travis32
Registered Member

Awesome! Thanks for the information. I realized yesterday I was trying to use the ecotech app not the mobius app... (DOH!) They were instantly recognized in the mobius app. They're working now!

One question, I set up multiple modes throughout the day in the mobius app, and set different maximums for nighttime vs. daytime. Worked pretty slick once I figured it out.

One question though, so I have different maximums set, and then I used the "child" mode for the second MP40 and drew that across the entire time period of the day. Does that also copy the maximum speeds? I set the maximum for the entire child to 90%. And noticed that even though the primary was set to 32% for that time of day, the child seemed to indicate it was running at it's max of 90%.

Will the max speed just be the max it can go to, but it'll use the max speed set by the master? Or will it use it's own max speed in the child? I set it to anti-sync, so they run in opposite modes for best nutrient export.

My skimmer is loving it for some reason. Skimming darker content out of the water. And my Algae turf scrubber is growing faster than it was before, so having more flow seems to be equalling more nutrient export. Let me know if I have the understanding of the master /slave correct, it should be copying the max speed set by the master or no?

Unread 06/17/2020, 03:50 PM   #4
Sisterlimonpot
R.C. Fraternity President

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis32 View Post
One question though, so I have different maximums set, and then I used the "child" mode for the second MP40 and drew that across the entire time period of the day. Does that also copy the maximum speeds? I set the maximum for the entire child to 90%. And noticed that even though the primary was set to 32% for that time of day, the child seemed to indicate it was running at it's max of 90%.
They went away from the "master and slave" relationship and now call it "parent and child".

The 90% that the child is set to means that it will calculate 90% of what the parent is doing. Example: if the parent is running 100% the child is running at 90%, if the parent is at 50% the child will be at 45%.

If you want them to run exactly the same, set the child to 100%.

Dishes are done man!

Current Tank Info: 300 in progress
Sisterlimonpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/17/2020, 08:35 PM   #5
travis32
Registered Member

Thank you, that explains that! Greatly appreciated!