Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/01/2020, 11:26 AM   #1
Boxfish
Registered Member

Sulfur reactor help/question

HEy Everyone

Thanks for your help in advance.
Question with my AquaMaxx TS-1 and why Im having issues.
I set this up with 2 litres of sulfur prills and media. Set it up according to instructions on Parkers reef on youtube.
Started with a drip a sec and measured affluent water until it measured 0ppm nitrates then doubled the drip out put and continued over 2 weeks untill I had a good output and brought tank parameters down to zero. Then about a month later I checked and levels went up to about 20ppm. Then a few weeks after that to 50ppm. Nothing has changed feeding etc. Wondering what Im doing wrong and why the levels would go up since these things are suppose to be set it and forget it once dialed in.

Any thoughts?

Boxfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/14/2020, 07:10 AM   #2
wtac
Registered Member

Late to answering your Q but what was the effluent drip rate when you noticed the spike in NO3?

Usually when this happens, you have to start over with the 1dr/sec and wait until NO3 and NO2 are 0 and then increase drip rate.

Like most pieces of equipment, one has to find that sweet spot based on their particular and unique conditions.

wtac is offline   Reply With Quote