Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/02/2012, 07:42 PM   #1
rodneyri
Registered Member

GHL Mitras Club

Just received the call from my office, my lights have arrived!!! expect pics tonight

Unread 10/02/2012, 07:43 PM   #2
jefstathiou
Registered Member

Hoping to get mine soon!

jefstathiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 01:07 AM   #3
rodneyri
Registered Member

Well its kinda bitter sweet for me, I ordered 3 Mitras and 2 turned up, and out of those 2 only 1 had the hanging kit so I cant even use the lights. I wont curse on here but waiting for so long well.....

anyways here are some close up shots

Unread 10/03/2012, 01:52 AM   #4
rodneyri
Registered Member

had to test it on the tank

Unread 10/03/2012, 04:22 AM   #5
ericung
Registered Member

thx!

sunglasses included, interesting

ericung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 06:06 AM   #6
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Great to see the first one on RC. It will be interesting to see your coverage of one unit, at macna we pushed one unit to 36" at a maximum. I am putting one unit on a 36"x32"x24" soon to test the spread more.

One comment we got a lot at Macna was about the build quality, its way and above, seriously.

Ecotech powered, OLD Profilux 3 but looking to upgrade when market settles, Seneye Monitored, Bubble Magus DC Skimmed.

Current Tank Info: Floating about on the water enjoying semi retirement!!
AQD_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 06:18 AM   #7
BigAl2007
Registered Member

Excellent thread Rodney!

Hopefully your dealer will resolve your shipping issues and get you 100% operational quickly!

Those are great pics!! Also your tank looks STUNNING by the way!! I can't wait to see more

BigAl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 07:21 AM   #8
dannytt
Registered Member

No lens?

dannytt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 07:32 AM   #9
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

They are using reflectors, this gives higher light refraction providing optimal output from each LED.

"Special coated high-performance LED-reflectors with a reflection factor of 99 % carry the light also into the depth, no useless divergence losses of the light to the sides. Additionally the light is reflected slighty diffuse which produces a homogenous and natural light impression, this is very important when several LED colors are mixed."

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...mp_mitras.html

Ecotech powered, OLD Profilux 3 but looking to upgrade when market settles, Seneye Monitored, Bubble Magus DC Skimmed.

Last edited by AQD_ottawa; 10/03/2012 at 07:37 AM.
Unread 10/03/2012, 11:55 AM   #10
ericung
Registered Member

I have also ordered one unit, but my local dealer said the shipment will be delayed for 3 weeks for some reasons. I plan to replace the 2 SOL with a single unit, hope the coverage is good enough

ericung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 12:10 PM   #11
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

wow stunning system!

Yes there has been a delay due to the vast amount of orders received to Germany, I personally am working hard to get everyones orders to them as fast as possible here in North America.

Unread 10/03/2012, 01:33 PM   #12
madean
Registered Member

AQD ottowa- I'm greatly interested in your findings when you put the light on a 36" x 32" x 24" tank. I am setting up a tank that is 36"L x 30"W x 24"T and this light could be my answer. I was looking at kessils, but I would need two and their isn't any control on their lights for dusk/dawn effect. I was looking at radions but was told that I probably need two. The radion pro might fit the bill for me but the price is close to the mitras, and they might not be out until next year. It seems the mitras has a better spread then the radion pro. I am having a hard time comparing because I don't know/can't find out how each light was test as far as par goes. Its hard for me to decipher these par charts so that I can make an educated decision as to what will work for me. I basically want to keep a large ritteri anemone, somewhere in the 20" in diameter range with a few misc corals on the outskirts. Maybe an dos but more likely Los or a softy. I had a fellow reefer foward me par readings of an existing tank, which to me was better information than a par chart.

madean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 01:38 PM   #13
madean
Registered Member

It would be nice to see a tank with par numbers in multiple locations from multiple lights. Ie lets say a common 120 gallon 4 x 2 x 2, that had par numbers left to right and front to back for lets say a 2 x 2 area from multiple fixtures. Like kessils, radions, maxpect razor, radion pro, mitras ECT.

madean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 02:01 PM   #14
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

I wont have my tank set up for at least 4-5 weeks however the demo unit we have here will be on a dealers frag system locally this week, although the depth is shallow it will give good indication of spread.

Also keep an eye out on the GHL sponsor forum here for users posts in regards to their own reviews. The distribution of the lamps in the USA will be significant due to the large amount of pre orders so give it 4-5 weeks and the dust will start to settle out as people receive these units.

Unread 10/03/2012, 02:34 PM   #15
charged
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefstathiou View Post
Hoping to get mine soon!
Anyone in the Boston area selling these? Would love to find specs on them.

charged is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 02:41 PM   #16
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Imagine An Ocean who are also an RC sponsor they are in Beverly MA

There is also Aqua Addicts in Salem

specs here

Unread 10/03/2012, 03:01 PM   #17
Haxer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQD_ottawa View Post
They are using reflectors, this gives higher light refraction providing optimal output from each LED.

"Special coated high-performance LED-reflectors with a reflection factor of 99 % carry the light also into the depth, no useless divergence losses of the light to the sides. Additionally the light is reflected slighty diffuse which produces a homogenous and natural light impression, this is very important when several LED colors are mixed."

Is the white piece with 4 screws supposed to be the reflector?

Haxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 03:08 PM   #18
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

YES - It is a unique special coating, GHL will not give much away for obvious reasons.

More pictures here
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2219805

Unread 10/03/2012, 03:16 PM   #19
spdiving
Registered Member

24 hours old GHL Mitras.

Software GHL Control Center v.1.0.2.0.

Have GCC_English.dll. error so everything is in German and Engelesk can not be selected because of GCC_English.dll.

I have tried with 2 PCs with Windows 7 ultimat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HZ2pYGDk00

What is the reason for this?

spdiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 03:24 PM   #20
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

I have checked the support logs and we do not have another report of this software error and the download is the same for all users.

Maybe the PC's are using the same version of windows with a file issue, I do not know just a guess, but as i say we do not have any other reports of this globally.

The best thing in this case is to post support questions on the GHL support forum here

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/forum.php

The tech team can then go through with you what file you may have missing.

Last edited by AQD_ottawa; 10/03/2012 at 03:51 PM.
Unread 10/03/2012, 03:35 PM   #21
spdiving
Registered Member

One PC is a little older. But windows 7 installation is only one year old.
The second PC is borrowed from a neighbor.

What with the lamp standing and running around in the menu and save all the right self desires.

spdiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2012, 03:42 PM   #22
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

drop us an email to sales@aqua-digital.com so we can help get you set up properly.

Unread 10/03/2012, 04:06 PM   #23
rodneyri
Registered Member

update your windows SP, ive found this issue to occur on versions with older updates.

Unread 10/03/2012, 05:08 PM   #24
rodneyri
Registered Member

Some initial thoughts on the light unit itself, too early for a proper review on the light and its effectiveness on my tank so don’t expect any opnions on that.

+ build quality is great, its up there with my old vertex illumina
+ power chords are long and allow users to hide the ballasts even in large cabinets
+ no spotlighting or disco effect on the sand bed, the light is nice and uniform
+ small unit packs some punch, the lights are bright to the eye

- USB port on the bottom??? the cover will scratch the bottom of the unit after some use…wont effect the light out put but who wants scratches on the bottom of their nice new Mitras
- Cant program the light wirelessly from the laptop, its much more user friendly so sit back from the tank and mix the light colors than being tethered close to the tank

Unsure on;
? Lots of red light, the two reds and yellow (which appears to me more like orange)…not sure the effectiveness of this in the light spectrum. It makes a warm color if you pump them up

? software is ok to use, feels like its been designed by a developer not a user still its fairly easy to use

Unread 10/03/2012, 05:35 PM   #25
AQD_ottawa
Registered Member

Thanks for your great feedback its really appreciated.

The USB port is designed only for programming and does not need to always be connected, and once the wireless module comes out then it will be pretty obsolete other than firmware updates.

The info I have on the wireless system is this: There will be a connectivity box that will be radio frequency wireless from the Mitras from there the box will act as a bridge to your network. The reason to go radio from the Mitras is so everyone does not have to worry about IP settings just to program the unit. This makes it far more general user friendly.

Please keep the review coming its great to see real users comments. I am looking forward to your in tank PAR readings

Last edited by AQD_ottawa; 10/03/2012 at 05:55 PM.