Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/15/2012, 07:11 AM   #251
crazy4reefs
Registered Member

I tried to use the Ecosmart live program for the first time this weekend and I was very disappointed. I installed the connection manager and updated the firmware on each of my three lights. After doing this I had to create a new group, which I did. I then tried to import a graph from the program I was previously using...Each time I tried I would lose the connection to my lights and I would be forced to restart the connection manager. I also tried to import a profile many times and had the same issues. After two hours I gave up and just created a new program.

crazy4reefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2012, 09:19 AM   #252
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbort View Post
Mine still has not changed. Live doesn't even recognize my radion. It just says Disconnected. I have downloaded everything again today, and still nothing works. Beginning to wonder if its my USB cord?
It is definitely possible. We are also aware of some connection issues that should hopefully be fixed in a new build today. We are also upgrading our servers to more properly handle the load of the website.

Unread 10/15/2012, 09:28 AM   #253
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsoaks View Post
I have factory reset again with Ecosmartlive. When I do a firmware upgrade during the upgrade I get 2 error messages one involves the connection manager the other involves communication. Both appear and disappear quickly. The firmware update continues but states that the firmware is up to date. Then it goes back to loading devices and never proceeds from that point. I would go back to the old config utility do a factory reset and reprogram successfully but now I noticed that the light and my mp10s are not communicating even though I did a factory reset and programming with the old config utility.
Everyone having issues importing their Radions in EcoSmart Live, please use the following steps:

1. Close EcoSmart Live in your web browser
2. Close your Connection Manager
3. Open the Connection Manager and ensure that your first Radion is plugged-in via USB
4. For each of your lights, factory reset them from the Connection Manager using USB Device > Factory Reset
5. For each of your lights, update the firmware on them from the Connection Manager using USB Device > Update Firmware

Please note that you will need to walk around and perform the factory reset and firmware update on each light over USB. This process should take at most 2 minutes per light. You can do the factory reset and firmware update at the same time per light.

6. Close the Connection Manager
7. Open and log into EcoSmart Live in a web browser
8. Choose Settings > New Profile in EcoSmart Live
9. Open the Connection Manager and verify that you are connected to EcoSmart Live. If the connection doesn't happen automatically, refresh the web page.
10. Choose Settings > Add New Devices from EcoSmart Live

After the discovery process completes, you should see all of your Radions in the Unassigned Group with a yellow dot icon with the exception of the USB-connected light, which will have a green dot icon. Please create a new group and then drag each light to the group. This will assign the lights to your profile.

Unread 10/15/2012, 06:41 PM   #254
slowsoaks
Registered Member

Thanks Shaun. That seems to work for me.
Mike

slowsoaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2012, 07:46 PM   #255
d2mini
Registered Member

Shaun,

I'm one of the people who couldn't get EcoSmartLive to work AT ALL.
After following your instructions I'm happy to report that it ALL WORKED!
I have 4 radions and I was able to reset all lights, upgraded firmware on all lights, calibrate all lights, program all lights, and import my old graph to all lights!

Note to others, after doing all the resetting and firmware updating, I did have to program the lights with something... anything... before it would let me import my old graph. I tried to go straight to importing the old graph it would give me an error.

Thanks, Shaun!

Now I do have one other question... does Traveling Sunset not work in Artificial Mode?

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2012, 07:49 PM   #256
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
Shaun,

I'm one of the people who couldn't get EcoSmartLive to work AT ALL.
After following your instructions I'm happy to report that it ALL WORKED!
I have 4 radions and I was able to reset all lights, upgraded firmware on all lights, calibrate all lights, program all lights, and import my old graph to all lights!

Note to others, after doing all the resetting and firmware updating, I did have to program the lights with something... anything... before it would let me import my old graph. I tried to go straight to importing the old graph it would give me an error.

Thanks, Shaun!

Now I do have one other question... does Traveling Sunset not work in Artificial Mode?
That is great news! Regarding traveling sunrise/sunset, yes it does work for both Artificial and Natural modes. Are you experiencing issues getting it working?

Unread 10/15/2012, 07:50 PM   #257
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks Shaun. That seems to work for me.
Mike
That is great news! Please let us know if you need anything else. We appreciate all of your patience and understanding during our beta period of EcoSmart Live.

Unread 10/15/2012, 07:52 PM   #258
EcoTech Support
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4reefs View Post
I tried to use the Ecosmart live program for the first time this weekend and I was very disappointed. I installed the connection manager and updated the firmware on each of my three lights. After doing this I had to create a new group, which I did. I then tried to import a graph from the program I was previously using...Each time I tried I would lose the connection to my lights and I would be forced to restart the connection manager. I also tried to import a profile many times and had the same issues. After two hours I gave up and just created a new program.
Did you ever get up and running? If you are still having issues please let us know as we are here to help. We appreciate your feedback.

Unread 10/15/2012, 08:08 PM   #259
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoTech Support View Post
That is great news! Regarding traveling sunrise/sunset, yes it does work for both Artificial and Natural modes. Are you experiencing issues getting it working?
Out of the three advance options, that one is grayed out for me. Won't let me check the box. Maybe I'm just not worthy.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Unread 10/16/2012, 07:11 AM   #260
EcoTech Service
Registered Member

Dennis-

Have you configured your layout for traveling sunrise/sunset? This must be done before the feature is able to be selected in the advanced settings.

For FAQs, troubleshooting advice and direct interaction with the EcoTech staff, visit http://ecotechmarine.com/support/ or call us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2.
EcoTech Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2012, 09:56 AM   #261
d2mini
Registered Member

Jon, not sure what you mean by "configuring my layout".
But apparently I have not!
Right now i just have all radions in one group.

Unread 10/16/2012, 10:16 AM   #262
EcoTech Service
Registered Member

Click on the "Layout" option underneath your light group. Then, adjust the layout of the sunrise/sunset pattern and input an offset time (traveling time between fixtures).

Feel free to give us a call if you need assistance or further clarification. More info can be found here as well (on p. 32): http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/...tility_RC6.pdf

For FAQs, troubleshooting advice and direct interaction with the EcoTech staff, visit http://ecotechmarine.com/support/ or call us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2.
EcoTech Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/16/2012, 12:39 PM   #263
d2mini
Registered Member

doh! RTFM.

Will set it up tonite. Thanks, Jon!

Unread 10/17/2012, 06:06 AM   #264
crazy4reefs
Registered Member

Quote:
Did you ever get up and running? If you are still having issues please let us know as we are here to help. We appreciate your feedback.
I haven't had a chance to try this again...I plan to try again this weekend...hopefully it goes better this time. I plan to do the factory reset/firmware process metioned earlier in this thread.

crazy4reefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/17/2012, 01:45 PM   #265
DHyslop
Registered Member

Has anyone tried using a system-on-a-chip like the Rapsberry Pi to create an internet connection for the Radions?

Might be an inexpensive way to create a persistent internet connection without having to be plugging them into a computer which kind of defeats the purpose of having Ecosmart Live, at least until the hardware comes with wifi.

DHyslop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/17/2012, 09:52 PM   #266
jameshongth
Registered Member

Hi guy,

Can the ecosmartlive run on ipad2?

jameshongth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/18/2012, 08:06 AM   #267
chercm
Registered Member

how to downgrade the radion back to the prior ecosmartlive firmware ?

chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/18/2012, 02:23 PM   #268
lowscooby76
Registered Member

ok i'm done with these D@%# Lights.i have give up on the Ecosmart live stuff and have been just using EcoSmart Config Utility.i just when in to do my every other week calibrating so they will have the same light color.and it had to do a Update Firmware.now my lights don't work right they will not turn off with the top buttons and do not want to change from a blue light to a green light.now when i can get the lights to turn off the light stay on a little and every lens has different leds light colors on.so i tried to calibrate all my lights again still will not turn all the way off and now the light on top that is blue or green go from blue to a white color then if i hold that button down long enough it will go to the green light and it is the same way when i go back to the blue light.i just want EcoSmart Config Utility to work like it did before this Ecosmart live junk.i do not want to look at my tank no more because of these lights I really have come to hate them. these lights cost to much money to have to deal with all of this.that why i paid more money so i would not have to deal with this stuff.this is the first thing i have ever bought of EcoTech and it just might be the last.i should not have to but i can live with having to do a every other week calibrating on the lights but when the lights will not turn off right or turn from Artificial light to Natural light right and every time i use EcoSmart Config Utility i have to do a factory reset now.

lowscooby76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/18/2012, 04:03 PM   #269
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowscooby76 View Post
i have give up on the Ecosmart live stuff and have been just using EcoSmart Config Utility.

did you follow Shaun's instructions up above in post #253?

Unread 10/19/2012, 05:43 AM   #270
lowscooby76
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
did you follow Shaun's instructions up above in post #253?
Sadly yes i did but today i will start all the way over again and see if that work today. the calibrating thing i have had to do from day one.i have to do factory reset before because i would get the orange light of death.just from calibrating or just saving my new light program.i guess we will see what happens

Unread 10/19/2012, 11:15 AM   #271
lowscooby76
Registered Member

ok i just tried it again from a factory reset and the lights still will not turn all the way off with the button on the lights.the blue Artificial light and the green Natural light i have and work right but i still have a white light to and it make the Radions use the blue lights.when the Update Firmware does it thing i get a OS failed on both lights but then it say no update needed.so i don't know.

Unread 10/19/2012, 03:24 PM   #272
lowscooby76
Registered Member

ok i got the lights to turn all the way off.the Update Firmware did not say OS failed this time.now this has me lost when i was calibrating the lights Royal Blue 2 was on so i did not have to click no to i see it so i click yes and it blink like if i would clicked on no.i can click yes all day but if i click no it will move to the next color if i don't see that color and click no it work fine but if i can see that color it is the same thing i will have to click no to get it to move to the next color.if i want to do a demo or a storm mode sometimes they work together and sometimes they don't or when i turn it back to Artificial lighting or Natural lighting.sometimes one will and the other one will stay in demo or a storm mode to i make it go to Artificial lighting or Natural lighting. every time i open EcoSmart Config Utility Update Firmware try to update and it tell me everything is up to date. i guess i don't know what to try next.

Unread 10/20/2012, 08:17 AM   #273
slowsoaks
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowscooby76 View Post
ok i got the lights to turn all the way off.the Update Firmware did not say OS failed this time.now this has me lost when i was calibrating the lights Royal Blue 2 was on so i did not have to click no to i see it so i click yes and it blink like if i would clicked on no.i can click yes all day but if i click no it will move to the next color if i don't see that color and click no it work fine but if i can see that color it is the same thing i will have to click no to get it to move to the next color.if i want to do a demo or a storm mode sometimes they work together and sometimes they don't or when i turn it back to Artificial lighting or Natural lighting.sometimes one will and the other one will stay in demo or a storm mode to i make it go to Artificial lighting or Natural lighting. every time i open EcoSmart Config Utility Update Firmware try to update and it tell me everything is up to date. i guess i don't know what to try next.
I had the same feeling when I was calibrating. As long as you see a light click yes until the light goes off then click no. It will then move you to the next color. Every time you click yes I think the intensity is lowered.

slowsoaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/20/2012, 09:56 AM   #274
lowscooby76
Registered Member

Quote:
I had the same feeling when I was calibrating. As long as you see a light click yes until the light goes off then click no. It will then move you to the next color. Every time you click yes I think the intensity is lowered.
now you say that i think your right.i think my lights intensity was lowered too.i was begin to think it was my lights but it sound like they have one more bug to add to there list to fix.

Unread 10/20/2012, 02:35 PM   #275
xenon
Owner of Canada Corals

Quote:
Everyone having issues importing their Radions in EcoSmart Live, please use the following steps:

1. Close EcoSmart Live in your web browser
2. Close your Connection Manager
3. Open the Connection Manager and ensure that your first Radion is plugged-in via USB
4. For each of your lights, factory reset them from the Connection Manager using USB Device > Factory Reset
5. For each of your lights, update the firmware on them from the Connection Manager using USB Device > Update Firmware

Please note that you will need to walk around and perform the factory reset and firmware update on each light over USB. This process should take at most 2 minutes per light. You can do the factory reset and firmware update at the same time per light.

6. Close the Connection Manager
7. Open and log into EcoSmart Live in a web browser
8. Choose Settings > New Profile in EcoSmart Live
9. Open the Connection Manager and verify that you are connected to EcoSmart Live. If the connection doesn't happen automatically, refresh the web page.
10. Choose Settings > Add New Devices from EcoSmart Live

After the discovery process completes, you should see all of your Radions in the Unassigned Group with a yellow dot icon with the exception of the USB-connected light, which will have a green dot icon. Please create a new group and then drag each light to the group. This will assign the lights to your profile.
It asks me to browse to a file on my hard drive to update the firmware.

Where can I download the latest version?

xenon is offline   Reply With Quote