Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Muskingum Valley Reef Club
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/26/2011, 09:19 PM   #1
miketay89
Premium Member

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be Oct 2, @ 6PM. It will be held at my house. Anybody that needs directions send me a PM.
Jaye and I are planning on making homemade frozen food for part of the meeting. The food is going to be based off of the recipe given by mantis, Septembers tank of the month winner.

miketay89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2011, 09:28 PM   #2
jkinkead
Registered Member

Should be pretty awesome as well too. Im excited get this started and to begin using it in my tank.

jkinkead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2011, 05:11 AM   #3
jh2pizza
Registered Member

didnt realize this forum was here.

Current Tank Info: Oceanic 180 in wall, 100 sump, Geo Kalk Reactor, Tunze 9415 skimmer, Geo Media Reactors, Geo 624 CA Reactor
jh2pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2011, 06:45 AM   #4
miketay89
Premium Member

It has not been here very long. Mark from CORA helped get it setup for us.
You should come to a meeting some time. It is nice to know local people in the hobby.

Unread 10/02/2011, 08:37 PM   #5
miketay89
Premium Member

Great turnout tonight, we were in real trouble of running out of seats.
The food turned out very nice. I don't think that our fish are going to be malnurished, as long as they can stomach the food. I thought it smelled pretty good though, kinda fishy garlic smell, and it is certainly colorful.
We did take a couple of pics, I'll have to get them posted.
Thanks Jaye for ordering some of the ingredients and stopping by Kroger to get the seafood.

Unread 10/02/2011, 09:38 PM   #6
sammie
Registered Member

Where did you guys come from???? Joe Pizza and I know a few people around town but didn't realize there was anything organized. We mostly go to the CORA meetings in Columbus.

Can everyone introduce yourself?

Current Tank Info: 300 gal reef with all the goodies. A 65 gal sump a, 2-65 gal refug/growout and an integrated 65 gal. QT tank. Custom GEO beckett skimmer, GEO Ca reactor, GEO media reactors both GFO and carbon, GEO kalk reactor. 3-250 watt halides.
sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/03/2011, 07:14 AM   #7
miketay89
Premium Member

Hi Bill. We are a small group of guys and gals who have been meeting only since July of this year. There are 6 people who regularly come to the meetings, I'm not sure that you will get an introduction to all of them here because they don't come around the forum much yet.
I am also a member of CORA and they are terrific, but I do not make it to many meetings because of the drive. I mostly just go to the special events.
I have met both Bill and Joe. Joe was setup directly behind me at the fragswap this year, Bill we did a group buy for some livestock a couple of years ago.

Both of you should come to a meeting and meet everyone. The meetings are nothing formal, generally we have a topic for the meetings, but a lot of the meeting is just hanging out talking fish and reefs.