Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/04/2012, 11:14 AM   #1
artkwan
Registered Member

Question Neptune Apex, Avast ATO, LiterMeterIII

Hi all -

I am not sure if you all have run into this, but if you have, wouls appreciate any advice or comments.

I just purchased a Neptune specific ATO sensor and should be getting it next week. I plan to connect it directly into the Aquacontroller as it is designed to do.

How do I take advantage of the built in peristaltic pump on the LiterMeterIII dosing pump module to pump freshwater for the purpose of topoff.

On another question, how do I setup the programming for this purpose on the Apex?

Thanks and sorry for the questions, as I am very new at this.

Current Tank Info: Previous 39 gallon corner, now running an in-wall...
artkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/2012, 10:19 AM   #2
ctenophore
RC Sponsor

Hi Arthur,

You'll just plug in the LMIII pump to an outlet on your energy bar. Let the Apex handle the pump on/off control. You can also do more advanced control, such as a run-length timer (e.g., max 15 minutes on) or control top-off based on tank pH, etc. The instruction manual with our ATO sensor has basic on/off Apex programming, but for anything beyond that you should check out the Apex user guide- they just published the "Official unofficial guide" or something like that which is very useful and well-written.

From the ATO manual:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON

This will tell the Apex to keep the associated outlet OFF if the switch is open (pressurized state), and turn the outlet on when the switch becomes unpressurized (i.e., water level falls). This logic can be reversed if you want to use the ATO as a run-dry detector instead.

ctenophore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/2012, 10:49 PM   #3
artkwan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctenophore View Post
Hi Arthur,

You'll just plug in the LMIII pump to an outlet on your energy bar. Let the Apex handle the pump on/off control. You can also do more advanced control, such as a run-length timer (e.g., max 15 minutes on) or control top-off based on tank pH, etc. The instruction manual with our ATO sensor has basic on/off Apex programming, but for anything beyond that you should check out the Apex user guide- they just published the "Official unofficial guide" or something like that which is very useful and well-written.

From the ATO manual:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON

This will tell the Apex to keep the associated outlet OFF if the switch is open (pressurized state), and turn the outlet on when the switch becomes unpressurized (i.e., water level falls). This logic can be reversed if you want to use the ATO as a run-dry detector instead.

That's good info. So I can use the pump that is in the LMIII for the ATO? I wa splanning on using the other two pumps - channels B and C, for Alkalinity and Calcium. If I set it up this way, the dosing for alk and Calcium would only happen when the topoff was hapening , correct?

Thanks!

Current Tank Info: Previous 39 gallon corner, now running an in-wall...
artkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/06/2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Avast Marine
RC Sponsor

If you have the head unit and 2 remote pumps the best option would be to use the main unit and one remote pump for your two part. Then get a 12v power supply and power the other remote pump from it off your energy bar. Then plug the Avast ato into your Apex. I would call Spectrapure to find out the exact power supply you need as I think they have a few options for these.

Don't rush art, you get bad art.
Avast Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/20/2012, 11:11 AM   #5
SpectraPure
RC Sponsor

You need a 12VoltDC, 500mAmp power supply - available just about anywhere.

If you connect it backwards, it won't hurt anything, it will just run backwards. If so, reverse the connections.

Scott
SpectraPure, Inc.